"Empty" official pve servers?

Kadjunga

Only recently came back to the game and after setting up shop on the island again, decided to try out the expansion map. Chose a random good ping with 20'sh users map (at prime time) and started playing. Didn't notice until now... that most of the area is open where you can build (Excluding the good water spots) and noone ever talks in chat.

Is this a common thing in the SE maps that people just log in to get the new stuff and send it back and don't play there at all? Or did i just stumble on a "bad server"?

Loving the map. Especially the new challenges and ambience.

edit: also I'm guessing you can't move stuff between SE arks?

Im not sure from your post if you are playing on official or unofficial, I play on an official PvE SE map (which has 70 slots) and people are very social here, there are certainly players who are established here and only use the base as a point of bringing stuff accross the ark to their main servers, but even those guys are social when they are on. So im going to say that you just have bad luck maybe?

Try different servers im sure you'll find a different outcome !

6 hours ago, Kadjunga said:

Only recently came back to the game and after setting up shop on the island again, decided to try out the expansion map. Chose a random good ping with 20'sh users map (at prime time) and started playing. Didn't notice until now... that most of the area is open where you can build (Excluding the good water spots) and noone ever talks in chat.

Is this a common thing in the SE maps that people just log in to get the new stuff and send it back and don't play there at all? Or did i just stumble on a "bad server"?

Loving the map. Especially the new challenges and ambience.

edit: also I'm guessing you can't move stuff between SE arks?

Where is it I'm in need of a quiet place to set up shop. If it's PVE xbox please let me know maybe we can re-populate it (lol I'm not sure that sounded good)

It could be quiet but because the few that play on it are idiots.

6 hours ago, BadgerOne said:

Im not sure from your post if you are playing on official or unofficial, I play on an official PvE SE map (which has 70 slots) and people are very social here, there are certainly players who are established here and only use the base as a point of bringing stuff accross the ark to their main servers, but even those guys are social when they are on. So im going to say that you just have bad luck maybe?

Try different servers im sure you'll find a different outcome !

I must have found the rare gem then as there is noone active in chat and even during prime time, at most 2 people say hi.

Official PvE SE server 710 to be more precise.

Tried looking around for a more active one last night and after checking 8 servers, there either was 0 activity or every 85% wind base spot was already taken.

I forgot to mention that I play on PC and not Xbox so sadly I can't help mighty, I don't know the xbox community or how they normally are so can't assist you there,

@ Kadjunga there are plenty of servers with good base spots and active friendly communities around, i've done some trading and made friends cross servers so its just a matter of keep looking till you find the one that fits you. I have however found that sometimes some servers aren't so welcoming to newbies but tend to get much friendlier once you stick around ! Another thing to keep in mind is the time of day you play and what timezone the server is located in. If you play on EU servers and are from the US as an example you might find the offpeak hours very empty :)

Hope this helps

Archived