bosses Recommended Rex stats for bosses

Jonopeo

We're currently working to get as much stats into rex's and well on our way, I've seen others with higher stats but we're not doing bad.

With 10340 HP and 374% base melee, what is the recommended stats for 9 of us to take down the hard bosses? We were thinking 20k HP then pump as much Melee as possible. 

Has anyone succeeded :)?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HYPERSONICGX said:

I heard that 50k health and 500 damage on the rexes

50k hp seems excessive. I think I saw a vid of a succsessful hard dragon clear with rexs that has 20-30k hp. Saddles make a huge impact on their survival. I guess this all boils down to what your boss strategy is. I cant say from experience but from what i have read and watched, seems a large pack of high hp rexs are better than high melee. You can always do ranged damage sitting on a rex from afar while the others play the meatshield role. I plan to go with 30k-ish hp and 500-600 melee with MC or ASC saddles to easy broodmother and work my way up. But I am also generally a solo player so I have to plan things a little differently too.

13 minutes ago, Jonopeo said:

We're currently working to get as much stats into rex's and well on our way, I've seen others with higher stats but we're not doing bad.

With 10340 HP and 374% base melee, what is the recommended stats for 9 of us to take down the hard bosses? We were thinking 20k HP then pump as much Melee as possible. 

Has anyone succeeded :)?

Depends on the boss you're going after.

Hard brood is freakin insane. She hits about 5x harder than a titan, has an insane health pool and 8-9 rex's with 40k hp and 400 melee disappeared inside 3 minutes along with the 3 turtles and the guys with OP swords.

Might need to dial hard brood back just a smidgen lol

1 minute ago, bulldog1986 said:

Depends on the boss you're going after.

Hard brood is freakin insane. She hits about 5x harder than a titan, has an insane health pool and 8-9 rex's with 40k hp and 400 melee disappeared inside 3 minutes along with the 3 turtles and the guys with OP swords.

Might need to dial hard brood back just a smidgen lol

Damn. I'm really looking for someone with a higher HP and Melee base rex (prefer over 400% melee base) so we can work more towards this. I'm sure it'll take months with our current stat lol

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late here, but I'm going to bump it up anyhow.  Have you attempted it yet Jonopeo or still working on the rexes? 

I was able to raise around 30 rex for boss fights during the Vday event, and have a separate group set aside as my breeders to pop out more eggs to raise boss arena replacements. My base stats are 11440 health and 425 melee at hatch. Most are currently leveled up around 20k-25k hp and 600ish melee, but I'm still a few days from attempting easy broodmother so will continue boosting their melee a bit. Will see how it goes from there. Whether its a big disaster or a successful kill. Hoping for the kill, obviously, but if everyone gets wiped I guess I'll mark it down as a learning experience and try again with another batch of rex. I'm a solo player on an official PvE and will not be going in with anyone to rely on but my rexes... here's hoping they can hold their own in there. lol

Am not sure about the saddles though. I assumed saddles on unridden rex would be helpful and have been working on making a bunch of MC saddles, but have had a couple people say it doesn't give any bonus armor to unridden rex. :S I will likely saddle everyone anyhow just to be safe. It's a lot to lose if we wipe, but I'd rather them have every bit of protection possible.

LOL!  The battle sheep was totally the vital part of that plan, I have no doubts. :P 

I was going to just take in a herd of Ankylo as a way to "retire" some of my old breeders. See how long they lasted in there. Just for giggles. I'd pretty much laugh until I passed out if they were able to kill the broodmother. 

Ours are 30hp with 600+ melee.. hopefully good enough...  downside is we've only got saddles with jm 70ish armour.

Be we won't be doing boss fight any time soon, because the Center map gets neglected by the devs and we have 2 bosses at once and limited tek stuff for the effort. So fingers crossed we can enjoy the game with you guys soon.

On 2/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, Scotty8319 said:

Am not sure about the saddles though. I assumed saddles on unridden rex would be helpful and have been working on making a bunch of MC saddles, but have had a couple people say it doesn't give any bonus armor to unridden rex. :S I will likely saddle everyone anyhow just to be safe. It's a lot to lose if we wipe, but I'd rather them have every bit of protection possible.

I tested this out. I had the saddle on, punched a dino, took the saddle off, punched the same dino. I did less damage when the dino had a saddle on.

On 2/8/2017 at 8:24 AM, Sh4rk said:

50k hp seems excessive. I think I saw a vid of a succsessful hard dragon clear with rexs that has 20-30k hp. Saddles make a huge impact on their survival. I guess this all boils down to what your boss strategy is. I cant say from experience but from what i have read and watched, seems a large pack of high hp rexs are better than high melee. You can always do ranged damage sitting on a rex from afar while the others play the meatshield role. I plan to go with 30k-ish hp and 500-600 melee with MC or ASC saddles to easy broodmother and work my way up. But I am also generally a solo player so I have to plan things a little differently too.

We went on the Medium Dragon with 78-92 armor saddles, 30-40k HP rexes with 3-700% melee, and all, to some degree, Imprinted (50+%), and the dragon boss killed everything before we got it to half health. With the "Nerf" or rather "Fix" to bosses today (Monkey Ledge no longer exists and Dragon can't be pinned), you will need 50+k HP Rexes to even survive in there. 

2 hours ago, iAmE said:

We went on the Medium Dragon with 78-92 armor saddles, 30-40k HP rexes with 3-700% melee, and all, to some degree, Imprinted (50+%), and the dragon boss killed everything before we got it to half health. With the "Nerf" or rather "Fix" to bosses today (Monkey Ledge no longer exists and Dragon can't be pinned), you will need 50+k HP Rexes to even survive in there. 

did dragon yesterday on hard with guns, one rex to kill the pteras + dimorphs.

What makes it harder is the fact that weapons are much weaker now. But with 10 Players we had 10 mins left on the clock when it died.

One thing: Fire dmg is percentage based, if your rex has very high HP it will loose a lot of HP and will be hard to force-feed that back. Its actually better to take a rex with not so much HP if you dont plan on melee attacking the dragon with it.

1 minute ago, sal said:

did dragon yesterday on hard with guns, one rex to kill the pteras + dimorphs.

What makes it harder is the fact that weapons are much weaker now. But with 10 Players we had 10 mins left on the clock when it died.

One thing: Fire dmg is percentage based, if your rex has very high HP it will loose a lot of HP and will be hard to force-feed that back. Its actually better to take a rex with not so much HP if you dont plan on melee attacking the dragon with it.

Yeah, all the Rexes aren't built solely for the Dragon boss, so some of them had high HP (Mainly for H. Broodmother)

But even with the ledge method with a rex for cover, it's still using an exploit, which will, in all likelihood, get patched in the future. 

We've killed the boss, but "Fighting the dragon", or really, fighting any of the bosses "The intended way" without exploiting their AI in some way, is nearly impossible at the moment, and needs to be addressed. If they're going to fix the exploits that make the bosses "Doable" they need to actually address the broken mechanics in the bosses. Players not teleporting in. Players getting deleted going out. The fact that the Fireball does 1200 damage to mounted players if they get hit by it, or the Monkey's Rock Throw doing 4500 damage on Medium. 

2 hours ago, iAmE said:

We've killed the boss, but "Fighting the dragon", or really, fighting any of the bosses "The intended way" without exploiting their AI in some way, is nearly impossible at the moment, and needs to be addressed. If they're going to fix the exploits that make the bosses "Doable" they need to actually address the broken mechanics in the bosses. Players not teleporting in. Players getting deleted going out. The fact that the Fireball does 1200 damage to mounted players if they get hit by it, or the Monkey's Rock Throw doing 4500 damage on Medium. 

Don't forget fixing the absolute cluster when the rexes spawn into the arena and get stuck on each other which takes away a minute from the fight

25 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Don't forget fixing the absolute cluster when the rexes spawn into the arena and get stuck on each other which takes away a minute from the fight

We don't have any issue with that really. The biggest issue is just living to do DPS. Even our 40-50k rexes get shredded too quickly by most of the bosses. 

Just in general the bosses do way too much damage to be feasible to run outside of "Glitch" or "Exploit" runs, and if they plan on fixing the exploits that people are using to actually do the bosses, they need to address the absurdity that the bosses are.

21 minutes ago, iAmE said:

We don't have any issue with that really. The biggest issue is just living to do DPS. Even our 40-50k rexes get shredded too quickly by most of the bosses. 

Just in general the bosses do way too much damage to be feasible to run outside of "Glitch" or "Exploit" runs, and if they plan on fixing the exploits that people are using to actually do the bosses, they need to address the absurdity that the bosses are.

Rexes are only really good for the Broodmother. Medium and above you need to get her stuck into your rexes so she stops attacking or your rexes are gone. Works best by surrounding here with rexes and then everybody moves forward until she is stuck.

You can also use one Rex only to bring her under the bridge and then shoot her from above. We tested this, she stays down there not even small spiders come up. But with the recent nerf to weapons you will struggle to bring her down. We faild with this try on easy to kill her on time ...

You cannot really fight the Ape with Rexes. You can use some Rexes to get aggro and shoot it with players in the meantime. But i doubt any amount of rexes will kill in in normal combat.

With the dragon you dont need to do any special trick but you will need 1-2 rexes to deal with the dimorphs/Pteras when they attack. I think that the Dragon is the easiest boss on hard after they fixed the ape glitch.

8 minutes ago, sal said:

Rexes are only really good for the Broodmother. Medium and above you need to get her stuck into your rexes so she stops attacking or your rexes are gone. Works best by surrounding here with rexes and then everybody moves forward until she is stuck.

You can also use one Rex only to bring her under the bridge and then shoot her from above. We tested this, she stays down there not even small spiders come up. But with the recent nerf to weapons you will struggle to bring her down. We faild with this try on easy to kill her on time ...

You cannot really fight the Ape with Rexes. You can use some Rexes to get aggro and shoot it with players in the meantime. But i doubt any amount of rexes will kill in in normal combat.

With the dragon you dont need to do any special trick but you will need 1-2 rexes to deal with the dimorphs/Pteras when they attack. I think that the Dragon is the easiest boss on hard after they fixed the ape glitch.

Dinosaurs are really only good on the Broodmother in general.

The issue with that is it attaches such a price tag to doing tek tier that it borders on the insane. Sure. We can *do* hard Dragon. It just costs 20k ingots a run now, which is ridiculous. 

The biggest problem with Tek Tier, particularly in my experience (In PvP), isn't that the stuff itself isn't "Good", it's always been that it's so prohibitively expensive to craft and maintain that it's non-viable. These changes simply perpetuate that. Add to the fact that it's so easy to destroy Tek structures, and incredibly cheap, compared to what it takes to maintain/repair them, and it's insanity. 

2 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Dinosaurs are really only good on the Broodmother in general.

The issue with that is it attaches such a price tag to doing tek tier that it borders on the insane. Sure. We can *do* hard Dragon. It just costs 20k ingots a run now, which is ridiculous. 

Actually we did Dragon hard using fab pistols, cost was just about 12k bullets and thats pretty cheap in my book. Sure if you fail it gets expensive because of weapons/armor replacement. But cost/return ratio was awesome!

11 minutes ago, sal said:

Actually we did Dragon hard using fab pistols, cost was just about 12k bullets and thats pretty cheap in my book. Sure if you fail it gets expensive because of weapons/armor replacement. But cost/return ratio was awesome!

Even if you succeed, the cost:return ratio is extremely bad.

Take the Shield Generator, for instance;

250k HP, and roughly 250 damage per tek rex shot. 1,000 shots from the saddle kills it. One thousand shots costs roughly 50 Element, which is easily doable for a raiding tribe. Meanwhile, the damage that 50 element does to the defending tribe is 5,000 Ingots and 75 Element.

A Tek Rifle with 2 Element will destroy a wall.

That wouldn't necessarily be bad in and of itself, except for the fact that Tek Rex/Rifle outrange turrets and can't be shot down by Turrets. This, by far and large, makes Tek structures an extreme structural weakness in a large amount of cases, and realistically, while a Shield Generator can only add to your defenses, and isn't a defense flaw in your base, it's quite inefficient in general. It's wholly too expensive to be a form of passive defense, due to it's rate of consumption and low area of effect. 

Defending Tribes have been at a staggering disadvantage in Ark for so long, Tek Tier, with the "Non-transferable" Element, and Shield Generators, were a chance to change that, but, yet again, it's so much more expensive to Defend then it is to Attack, that the meta will literally remain untouched by the addition of these structures, and that's honestly disappointing. 

15 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Even if you succeed, the cost:return ratio is extremely bad.

Take the Shield Generator, for instance;

250k HP, and roughly 250 damage per tek rex shot. 1,000 shots from the saddle kills it. One thousand shots costs roughly 50 Element, which is easily doable for a raiding tribe. Meanwhile, the damage that 50 element does to the defending tribe is 5,000 Ingots and 75 Element.

A Tek Rifle with 2 Element will destroy a wall.

That wouldn't necessarily be bad in and of itself, except for the fact that Tek Rex/Rifle outrange turrets and can't be shot down by Turrets. This, by far and large, makes Tek structures an extreme structural weakness in a large amount of cases, and realistically, while a Shield Generator can only add to your defenses, and isn't a defense flaw in your base, it's quite inefficient in general. It's wholly too expensive to be a form of passive defense, due to it's rate of consumption and low area of effect. 

Defending Tribes have been at a staggering disadvantage in Ark for so long, Tek Tier, with the "Non-transferable" Element, and Shield Generators, were a chance to change that, but, yet again, it's so much more expensive to Defend then it is to Attack, that the meta will literally remain untouched by the addition of these structures, and that's honestly disappointing. 

We are talking about 2 different things. I ment that defeating the boss is cheap and the element gain is great.

You say that most of the stuff you craft with element is useless.

We are both correct. I find the Replikator and Transmitter are real game-changers but the rest is meh ...

2 minutes ago, sal said:

We are talking about 2 different things. I ment that defeating the boss is cheap and the element gain is great.

You say that most of the stuff you craft with element is useless.

We are both correct. I find the Replikator and Transmitter are real game-changers but the rest is meh ...

I was trying to draw the connection that the fact that they keep increasing the difficulty of the bosses (As well as nerfing everything else in the game) is an extremely bad move. 

The reason why Tek Gear isn't used, was never that it was "Bad", it was the fact that it was prohibitively expensive to make, maintain and potentially lose. Yet, all the devs have done is increase that gap. 

800% Fabbie rifles never decided PvP fights. What decided PvP fights was which tribe had more expendable resources. The best dinos in the game aren't the hard-to-get Dinos, like Wyverns or Gigas, they're the cheap expendable ones, Turtles and Pteras. 

24 minutes ago, iAmE said:

800% Fabbie rifles never decided PvP fights. What decided PvP fights was which tribe had more expendable resources. The best dinos in the game aren't the hard-to-get Dinos, like Wyverns or Gigas, they're the cheap expendable ones, Turtles and Pteras. 

those guns where a huge problem and had to go, i completly support this move.

But the resulting system is lack luster. Now the best blueprints are journeyman because they are so cheap at the same dmg ...

700% + rocket launcher where an issue for sure.

I think they should have done the incomming flyer nerf at the same time because a nerf to guns is always a buff to flyers ...

so lets see where the end result is heading before we cry =)

Archived