bosses Recommended Rex stats for bosses

Jonopeo

3 minutes ago, sal said:

those guns where a huge problem and had to go, i completly support this move.

But the resulting system is lack luster. Now the best blueprints are journeyman because they are so cheap at the same dmg ...

700% + rocket launcher where an issue for sure.

I think they should have done the incomming flyer nerf at the same time because a nerf to guns is always a buff to flyers ...

so lets see where the end result is heading before we cry =)

I'm not crying, and I certainly agree that the nerf needed to happen, but my issue is how everything is panning out where Wildcard is making these bosses progressively harder and less accessible, in part, because they wanted to make it more accessible.

Nerfing those BP's hurt how fast and how cheaply bosses could be done. Further, fixing the "Exploits" while ignoring the fact that the Bosses are, without exploits, nearly impossible. 

The goal should be to make Tek Tier an expensive, but viable, option for use in combat, however that will never be true if they continue to make the element harder and more expensive to get. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, iAmE said:

I was trying to draw the connection that the fact that they keep increasing the difficulty of the bosses (As well as nerfing everything else in the game) is an extremely bad move. 

The reason why Tek Gear isn't used, was never that it was "Bad", it was the fact that it was prohibitively expensive to make, maintain and potentially lose. Yet, all the devs have done is increase that gap. 

800% Fabbie rifles never decided PvP fights. What decided PvP fights was which tribe had more expendable resources. The best dinos in the game aren't the hard-to-get Dinos, like Wyverns or Gigas, they're the cheap expendable ones, Turtles and Pteras. 

So much agree... I haven't fought the bosses... never really saw the point other than being a completionist, but pvp is completely outta balance imo.. I'm hoping they start balancing things much better once EA is over..

So, regarding an earlier comment about rexes, what would you consider the best dinos for fighting each boss? I've never fought the bosses, so I don't have any prior knowledge to draw upon. I'm gearing up to breed some high-lvl rexes right now, but beyond that, what else should I have on hand to fight the dragon/ape? Keep in mind I'm solo on PvE.

15 minutes ago, CliffRacer said:

So, regarding an earlier comment about rexes, what would you consider the best dinos for fighting each boss? I've never fought the bosses, so I don't have any prior knowledge to draw upon. I'm gearing up to breed some high-lvl rexes right now, but beyond that, what else should I have on hand to fight the dragon/ape? Keep in mind I'm solo on PvE.

As a Solo player, not on Single Player, I would forget entirely about the Bosses. You won't be able to do them.

That being said, from the perspective of a person in a tribe that runs the bosses;

Easy/Medium Brood: Rexes

Hard Brood: Calicotherium

Ape Easy/M/H: Some tanking turtles and with the players riding 5 Galli's. Kill with guns.

Dragon: Therizino/Rex/Allo/Baryonyx for tanking/add killing, kill with guns. 

The issue is that no Dino currently in the game can actually "Tank" the bosses long enough to kill them. Turtles are included for the Monkey because he's easily the hardest boss. Expect to lose the turtles. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried easy ape with 19 therizin and one yuti and I kill him solo 2 times (Dont forget to heal therizin with veggie cake). (Just one died because he fall down). On the third attempt I lost all my army because I was not teleported into boss arena. Good job WC. I also tried medium ape but I lost a lot of therizin but I won again. Here you maybe need one more person with healing pig

• 4 months later...

First: Sorry for resurrect this topic but, someone can help me with:

Stats leveled (I mean, the final stats of rex when they get levels, dont the stats base) to rex beat a Megalopithecus on Medium - Ragnarok?

You guys prefer 19 rex and  1 Yut?

Thanks cause its very hard find the current informations about it.

On 2/27/2017 at 11:16 AM, iAmE said:

As a Solo player, not on Single Player, I would forget entirely about the Bosses. You won't be able to do them.

I was able to solo easy Broodmother several times using 10 rexes, 40k hp, stamina up to a sustainable amount, and every point thereafter into melee (they started at just over 400%).  Medium Broodmother didn't work out with that same group, easy was very doable, though.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to hop in here. I solo farm all the hard bosses a few times a week minus the dragon. Official PVE Island server 46. Anyone wants to come along and see it done msg me on steam Cran3s or find me in the server as NoobNoob.

19 rexs imprinted to me 30-34k hp, 2k stam, 1100 weight, 700-800%+ dmg

1 145 Yuty tame leveled up in hp and stam only. 30khp 3k stamina 305% dmg

MC rex saddles crafted from 80-96 armor

ASC 104.9 Yuty saddle

I go in with tame groups setup and order the rexs to surround and attack the boss. Cycling neutral if the adds get heavy around me feet on the yuty. I ride the yuty and I stay close enough to buff and have the ads killed by Rex's but far enough to not get hit by the boss. 

15 minutes ago, NoobNoob said:

I'm going to hop in here. I solo farm all the hard bosses a few times a week minus the dragon. Official PVE Island server 46. Anyone wants to come along and see it done msg me on steam Cran3s or find me in the server as NoobNoob.

ASC 104.9 Yuty saddle

I go in with tame groups setup and order the rexs to surround and attack the boss. Cycling neutral if the adds get heavy around me feet on the yuty. I ride the yuty and I stay close enough to buff and have the ads killed by Rex's but far enough to not get hit by the boss. 

Nice, thank you! Exactly what I'm looking for - the number of dinos, their (important) stats and the saddle. Most posts only have some of that information although all of it is mostly spread over several posts. But all in one post makes for a perfect overview and reference, so again: thank you!

57 minutes ago, NoobNoob said:

ASC 104.9 Yuty saddle

This thread was from a time period roughly 6-8 boss nerfs ago. Just saying. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2018 at 3:46 AM, Zahlea said:

Nice, thank you! Exactly what I'm looking for - the number of dinos, their (important) stats and the saddle. Most posts only have some of that information although all of it is mostly spread over several posts. But all in one post makes for a perfect overview and reference, so again: thank you!

Glad I could help

On 2/8/2017 at 11:12 AM, Jonopeo said:

We're currently working to get as much stats into rex's and well on our way, I've seen others with higher stats but we're not doing bad.

With 10340 HP and 374% base melee, what is the recommended stats for 9 of us to take down the hard bosses? We were thinking 20k HP then pump as much Melee as possible. 

Has anyone succeeded :)?

Our boss rexes have closer to 30k health and 600 melee. but ours pop at 14k hp and closer to 400 so melee from 330 and 320 parents

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 10:12 AM, Jonopeo said:

We're currently working to get as much stats into rex's and well on our way, I've seen others with higher stats but we're not doing bad.

With 10340 HP and 374% base melee, what is the recommended stats for 9 of us to take down the hard bosses? We were thinking 20k HP then pump as much Melee as possible. 

Has anyone succeeded :)?

When we do alpha on rag, we have 30k hp, 7-800 melee, a yute, and a daedon. Saddles of 70 armor on rexes are extremely important, but having super high melee is also extremely important because the manticore doesn't like to land. Dragon is always going to do 25% of health with its breath weapon, and having more health at the end of the dragon fight is important because the rock elementals spawn and they do a lot of damage too. You could do it with less, but you have a higher risk of being wiped. That loses you everything that you had in the fight, and you have to spend weeks replacing it all. 

Archived