Question about Elevators.

DaRyuujin

So I'm not at all familiar with the elevators in this game so I need to know if something can be done before going down a very costly adventure.

I want to take a Derpy (Paraceratherium) and build platform on him and connect an elevator, then I want to build a industrial cooker on the elevator this was I can take derpy out on hunting trips and cook prime meat quickly w/o having to carry it to the top of him.

So is this possible and would I need the large platform or will the medium one work?

are you trying to attach an elevator onto the parcer platform? if so its pretty costly to add power to a paracer with wires and a generator.

Also I'm sure you mean grill and not cooker because pipes cannot be attached to the platform saddle.

And finally you're just better off putting a grill on his back because you can get up and down fairly easy just using the mount/dismount method and then jump off when you're done or build a ladder going down the side. Elevators in this game are really expensive and impractical at the moment.

• Volunteer Moderator

I have tried putting storage boxes on elevators and it does not work.  I would not try it with something more expensive like the grill.

I have put up a few elevators, and they can be a pain if you don't start them just right, whether building top down or bottom up.

Also, not sure how the elevator would react to being on a moving animal.

Besides ladders, you might be able to get away with a ramp on the side.  If you do it right, you might be it close to the ground, for easy jumping off.

Yes I did indeed mean the grill sorry lol.  I know it's extremely costly this is just a pet project of mine that I'm going to set aside some of my resources i get from farming aside for. Plus our tribe is pretty well set up and we can get a crap ton of material when we set out on a goal and we like to do some crazy ideas so if it's possible they just may want to make that our next tribe project.

Archived