Troodons game breaking.

Moxxi

Why is a troodon able to 1 tap someone in full accendent riot, and able to withstand half a clip from a acc fab pistol in the head and 4 hits from an acc pike...... this should not be possible, and dont say "well ark is a hard game get used to it. No that's just ridiculous, please make them NOT able to 1 tap players with armour that should be able to withstand stuff like that.. 

I get that they are supposed to be very dangerous to humans, but what I do not understand is how when wearing the full set of tek gear with a tek rifle I still get owned by three of those little bastards.

I should be able to stand almost indefinitely with tek armor against a creature that is only level 5 - 10 and is about as large a my dinos poop.

17 minutes ago, Gokuofuin said:

I get that they are supposed to be very dangerous to humans, but what I do not understand is how when wearing the full set of tek gear with a tek rifle I still get owned by three of those little bastards.

I should be able to stand almost indefinitely with tek armor against a creature that is only level 5 - 10 and is about as large a my dinos poop.

Why the most deadly creatures on earth are the smallest size isint everything 

I feel the problem with troodon is that they have too much of everything.

I recently restarted on a new server and i quit within a week. When you are naked and dont have a tame youre screwed. These little bastards spawn EVERYWHERE, they are among the fastest creatures in the game, they one hit knock you out early game and 2 hit knock you out later, they have a leep, their aggro range is ridiculous at night and they get the group buff... Remove some of these things and really turn down the ammount of torpor they do and im fine with them. as they are now they should only spawn in the harder areas of the map, like the redwoods. For a new player these creatures are a nightmare, if you have 1 or 2 of them outside your base you are raptored and might aswell abandon that base and start somewhere else.

They are  a nightmare in general. If you tame and you not on a big dino it is sleeping time and they eat your dino if you are dismounted

They to fast you can almost not outrun them and if they hit you it is almost always sleeping time. You can not reach water our any save place. And they are sneaky bastards.

But i think they need no change only on some places they need no spawn like easy start spawns medium and hard then it belongs to the risk.

I get what you mean and even though I do agree with you that they are a really big pain, to be honest I am happy they brought them in.

along with the pegos always stealing your stuff and thezis going all Freddy creuger on you it makes things more exciting.

kind of brought the whole worrying about Dino's thing back to life. It got boring there for awhile. All everyone was worried about were the alphas coming to get you(the true animals) but now you really get that survival feel again. Believe me if I see troodons or thezis I run straight for the water and swim downward, a little adrenaline rush never hurt anybody lol

as for pegos I charge straight toward them and get atleast one hit on them before the four of them rob me blind, then of course I spent the next few mi it's chasing them down because they run off in different directions. Man they are annoying but it is still fun chasing them down.

i just started playing one of the procedurally generated maps and troodons were all over the beach and I mean ALL over. First couple hours I was constantly dying from troodons. I seriously saw atleast 15 in the first half hour. That was a little too many for my taste but I just went all melee from level one and after dying 50 times I was able to take them out. And believe me there was no moving from that area because that map had rexes on every other beach. PG maps are crazy but they are something new. And something awesome 

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

I get what you mean and even though I do agree with you that they are a really big pain, to be honest I am happy they brought them in.

along with the pegos always stealing your stuff and thezis going all Freddy creuger on you it makes things more exciting.

kind of brought the whole worrying about Dino's thing back to life. It got boring there for awhile. All everyone was worried about were the alphas coming to get you(the true animals) but now you really get that survival feel again. Believe me if I see troodons or thezis I run straight for the water and swim downward, a little adrenaline rush never hurt anybody lol

as for pegos I charge straight toward them and get atleast one hit on them before the four of them rob me blind, then of course I spent the next few mi it's chasing them down because they run off in different directions. Man they are annoying but it is still fun chasing them down.

i just started playing one of the procedurally generated maps and troodons were all over the beach and I mean ALL over. First couple hours I was constantly dying from troodons. I seriously saw atleast 15 in the first half hour. That was a little too many for my taste but I just went all melee from level one and after dying 50 times I was able to take them out. And believe me there was no moving from that area because that map had rexes on every other beach. PG maps are crazy but they are something new. And something awesome 

i get what you mean about the surviving aspect dying a bit but be real here, the problem with it dying is not the early game, its the late game, when you reach that lategame there is nothing challenging anymore about the environment. and i feel like instead of introducing even more early game killers (troodon/pegomastix and the theri in some ways) they shouldve introduced more lategame killers, something like the giga, or even something untamable but a force to be reckoned with like more alpha creatures which spawn only in the more dangerous areas of the game. a week ago i started a new character on a new server and i just straight up quit after 2 days of straight dying. Before all this we had raptors that were a real pain but you could deal with those after some time. But the troodons are just out of proportion imho. Surviving early on was hard enough as it was.

10 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i get what you mean about the surviving aspect dying a bit but be real here, the problem with it dying is not the early game, its the late game, when you reach that lategame there is nothing challenging anymore about the environment. and i feel like instead of introducing even more early game killers (troodon/pegomastix and the theri in some ways) they shouldve introduced more lategame killers, something like the giga, or even something untamable but a force to be reckoned with like more alpha creatures which spawn only in the more dangerous areas of the game. a week ago i started a new character on a new server and i just straight up quit after 2 days of straight dying. Before all this we had raptors that were a real pain but you could deal with those after some time. But the troodons are just out of proportion imho. Surviving early on was hard enough as it was.

I get you and once again they are a big pain. It's just that nothing has really been brought in for the little guys. It gives them a change of pace. There is already a lot of end game stuff for the big guys. Plus with all the tek stuff coming out the big guys will need to get back into bosses for endgame. I do see your point but I am just glad they introduced some lower level stuff even though it may be op. It's just good that they atleast gave something to the little guys out there.

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I get you and once again they are a big pain. It's just that nothing has really been brought in for the little guys. It gives them a change of pace. There is already a lot of end game stuff for the big guys. Plus with all the tek stuff coming out the big guys will need to get back into bosses for endgame. I do see your point but I am just glad they introduced some lower level stuff even though it may be op. It's just good that they atleast gave something to the little guys out there.

i feel like this is more a curse than a gift, a gift would be a gathering dino that is useable around lvl 20 instead of lvl 50, and they are indeed adding alot of endgame stuff like TEK and bossfights but it isnt something for the big guys to look out for when they move about the island you know, you can choose to do the bosses and risk your stuff but you dont have to, i'd really like them to release something on the map itself, something even the toughest of us have to keep their eyes open for. like an alpha giga or something, that would shake things up a bit

13 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

i feel like this is more a curse than a gift, a gift would be a gathering dino that is useable around lvl 20 instead of lvl 50, and they are indeed adding alot of endgame stuff like TEK and bossfights but it isnt something for the big guys to look out for when they move about the island you know, you can choose to do the bosses and risk your stuff but you dont have to, i'd really like them to release something on the map itself, something even the toughest of us have to keep their eyes open for. like an alpha giga or something, that would shake things up a bit

I think it would be awesome to have some giant sea creature that actually destroys rafts. Now that would be awesome. You see some big fin coming out of the water and you better bust a u turn quick or your boat is going down. The god of the sea.

either something like that or some giant boss like land creature that isn't in the arena, it's on the map and it can destroy bases. Stuff like that would really get some excitement going.

Just now, Volcano637 said:

I think it would be awesome to have some giant sea creature that actually destroys rafts. Now that would be awesome. You see some big fun coming out of the water and you better bust a i turn quick or your boat is going down. The god of the sea.

either something like that or some giant boss like land creature that isn't in the arena, it's on the map and it can destroy bases. Stuff like that would really get some excitement going.

exactly :) the ocean just needs alot more diversity too creatures in general, more passive/herbivores and more carnivores, maybe even flora to harvest, who knows

4 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

exactly :) the ocean just needs alot more diversity too creatures in general, more passive/herbivores and more carnivores, maybe even flora to harvest, who knows

Definitely with you on the harvestable flora. Maybe even more recipes. Cool stuff not the same old boring stuff. 

But we are getting off subject so we better stop. Awesome ideas though ?

EDIT: I might start a thread about the ocean and possible a god underwater 

This debate about more challenging stuff is all well and good, and I for one am always trying to push my PvE envelope...but I also remember when my char was at lvl1 and the absolutely pant-browning moments that mid-endgame dinos came for me... adrenaline rush sure, why not...but what I'm trying to say is that we need some sort of equilbrium, since the players in any given server won't be all high level

7 hours ago, BobRoss said:

I feel the problem with troodon is that they have too much of everything.

I recently restarted on a new server and i quit within a week. When you are naked and dont have a tame youre screwed. These little bastards spawn EVERYWHERE, they are among the fastest creatures in the game, they one hit knock you out early game and 2 hit knock you out later, they have a leep, their aggro range is ridiculous at night and they get the group buff... Remove some of these things and really turn down the ammount of torpor they do and im fine with them. as they are now they should only spawn in the harder areas of the map, like the redwoods. For a new player these creatures are a nightmare, if you have 1 or 2 of them outside your base you are raptored and might aswell abandon that base and start somewhere else.

So try not to be naked and go get a dino, problem solved. :P There is nothing game breaking about troodons. They are a threat to on-foot travel and that is all. For a game that is about taming and riding dinos, complaining about something that only makes a small portion of the early survival phase a challenge is kind of silly lol.

Also, if your stuck inside your house with troodons (or any threatening creature) at your door, just put your stuff away and make a run for it to lure them off somewhere else. 

Or if you are just looking to have dinos with no dangers or threats, go play the Jurassic World mobile game :P

31 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

There used to be an alpha giga actually. It was the pre-nerf giga, and it was walking wrecking ball that you couldn't affordable kill. I agree there should be some threats to the bigger tribes/dinos but that could easily cause balance problems and make the newbie experience more hellish than some wimpy little troodons :P

18 hours ago, Moxxi said:

Why is a troodon able to 1 tap someone in full accendent riot, and able to withstand half a clip from a acc fab pistol in the head and 4 hits from an acc pike...... this should not be possible, and dont say "well ark is a hard game get used to it. No that's just ridiculous, please make them NOT able to 1 tap players with armour that should be able to withstand stuff like that.. 

This sounds like a lie, I really don't believe you. Mind providing proof?
I've killed Troodons wearing Journeyman Hide with an Apprentice Pike, even a pack of them at night time. If you had Asc. Riot on, their torpor damage would barely affect you. You also shouldn't be suing Fab. Pistols at all, it doesn't matter how high the quality, fab pistols are garbage.

Troodons also have really short Aggro ranges. You have to be within ~5 feet of them for them to aggro on to you.

Archived