Ptera Stats/Breeding

TimTheSurvivor

1 hour ago, TheLastNerb said:

Correct me if Im wrong but...

When the devs use to compensate you with a dino of the same level you lost.. if you lost, for example, a lvl 330 pteranodon. If they replace it, it will pass on its stats as it has been tamed with those stats.

Could that be a way that everybody has those crazy high stats?

When you say "crazy high stats" can you provide and example of them?

13 hours ago, TimTheSurvivor said:

I am curious to how many points in a stat on a ptera anyone has seen on an official server. The highest I have been able to find is 71 into melee. I have knocked down hundreds of pteras yet the average points on an individual stat is around 40.

What stat extractor did you use cause I'm very sceptic about this melee stat.

I've had one tame with 410% melee, also had one with 2200 hp which some a**hole renamed and it was used as a disposable pterabomb before I could pull the stat and another with 1700 Stam that somebody got trapped in a tree also before I could pull the stat. Right now I have level 260 hatches. I need too trade for a giant hp and giant Stam one again so I can incorporate it. I have insane rex, quetz and argies too trade in return. Official PvP ps4

30 minutes ago, TimTheSurvivor said:

I use dododex, but I have used multiple stat extractors and they have all came up with the same number of points. I will provide a screenshot as soon as this batch hatches. 

They are all wrong. DodoDex and the other calculators do not calculate the melee stat correctly. They do not take into consideration the bonus melee % you receive for a tame so the melee level is always out of sync with the rest of the stats. Download ARK Smart Breeding software. It's the only one that does it correctly. If you're comparing Melee Damage to HP on DodoDex then you're comparing apples to oranges.

To give you an idea, please see the below chances on specific levels (note that this is a community "best guess" on how things work).

As you'll see, anything over level 60 is about a 1 in 3 million chance.

ARK_Levels_003.PNG

42 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

They are all wrong. DodoDex and the other calculators do not calculate the melee stat correctly. They do not take into consideration the bonus melee % you receive for a tame so the melee level is always out of sync with the rest of the stats. Download ARK Smart Breeding software. It's the only one that does it correctly. If you're comparing Melee Damage to HP on DodoDex then you're comparing apples to oranges.

To give you an idea, please see the below chances on specific levels (note that this is a community "best guess" on how things work).

As you'll see, anything over level 60 is about a 1 in 3 million chance.

ARK_Levels_003.PNG

+1

Dododex is good for pre-tame stats, but for post-tame you should use ARK Smart Breeding because every stat with a post-tame extra bonus won't show correctly in Dododex and the likes ;)

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 1:46 PM, TimTheSurvivor said:

I am curious to how many points in a stat on a ptera anyone has seen on an official server. The highest I have been able to find is 71 into melee. I have knocked down hundreds of pteras yet the average points on an individual stat is around 40.

Are you talking about breeding or taming?

Title says breed, content says tame. If you find any wild dino with 71 wild stats in melee your laughing.

Acverage on a 150 pteranodon is low to mid 20's base stat, above average to good is around 30, very very rare to find on attributes you desire.  So mad when mine died.

13 hours ago, strategg said:

Are you talking about breeding or taming?

Title says breed, content says tame. If you find any wild dino with 71 wild stats in melee your laughing.

Acverage on a 150 pteranodon is low to mid 20's base stat, above average to good is around 30, very very rare to find on attributes you desire.  So mad when mine died.

I was talking about breeding or taming, just the highest levels in a stat anyone has seen.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:46 PM, TimTheSurvivor said:

I guess your Stats Calculator is wrong. If you ark.gamepedia's stat calculator the damage is always too high. I can recommand to use this tool: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

(The highest Damage stat that I saw so far is 54 points)

We have a Pteranodon with about 40-50points in each stat. Its a lvl 320 Baby :3 :egg:

20 hours ago, GhostYeti said:

I guess your Stats Calculator is wrong. If you ark.gamepedia's stat calculator the damage is always too high. I can recommand to use this tool: https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

(The highest Damage stat that I saw so far is 54 points)

We have a Pteranodon with about 40-50points in each stat. Its a lvl 320 Baby :3 :egg:

Yea, Dododex is definitely wrong. Whenever I would calculate the points it would come out 13 levels off. ArkSmartBreeder is the way to go for breeding.

Archived