old servers Why old official Servers are not viable for new/returning players!

Picolo XL

Disclaimer:

Everything I say here is directed towards PvP-servers as other gamemodes may be in different situations.

Hey Survivors,

in this thread I will try to explain why I think it is needed that wildcard releases new servers on a regular basis, for how that can be done I made another thread which you can find HERE.

The current situation on 99% of all official  PvP Servers:

• All servers, even the newest "Cluster"-servers were avaible for more then 3 months
  • On pretty much all servers several people have played over 1000 hours

timesAT.png

• Most of the servers have at least one tribe with an extremly big base

bigBase.jpg

• Besides from this, all servers got tons of leftover structures over the whole map.
  • Each server has at least one really strong tribe (PvP-wise) which can be classified as an "Alpha Tribe"

Why new&returning players are not able to start playing on an old server:

(This part is based on personal experience and out of joining over 50 different servers while looking for a "new" server.)

• The lack of ressources and spots to build on (leftover structures)
  • The constant pressure from bigger/alpha tribes that do not want you to become strong enought to be dangerous for them.
  • The different "feeling" playing on a "used" map, compared to a fresh map (No Competition with other players)
  • "Trying not to get raided" instead of "Trying to get better then others"
  • More

This is a short overview on why I think old servers are no real option to play on, especially if you plan to reach the End-game of ARK!

Be sure to tell me what you think about this (and dont mention unofficial servers, thanks)

Greets

Picolo

15 minutes ago, Cullis said:

Leftover structures can be demoed easily, just tame a titan. 

Wiser alpha tribes are now letting people build up to have more defense against megatribes. 

Problem is probably in you I think, though ofc, might be hard to find one with a sane alpha tribe.

When we came back 4 weeks ago we started playing on such a server.

This is what we had within 5 days:

base.jpg

On day 5 we got attacked by the biggest tribe of the server, we defended for 2 more days before we just left because we knew we were not able to win.

We joined another server, tried to build up, got raided withing 2 days by a random tribe on the server.

Even if alphas let you build up, they will never let you come up to a level were you can compete with em'. If you seem to get too strong they are always the bigger ones.

Playing with this in your mind wont let you enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, Cullis said:

Leftover structures can be demoed easily, just tame a titan. 

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that you do tame a Titan.

Why is it up to the players to spend hours walking the map and playing Jurassic Janitor Simulator when WC can just implement a system that helps do away with abandoned clutter? Speaking with PvE in mind, abandoned clutter is a huge issue.

Even though this is somewhat right, it's unlikely that WC will just push out servers because someone wants it. It's about money. Servers cost money. And they will not rent new servers if there is plenty of space on existing servers. Objectively it doesn't matter if the Server fits your criteria you listed above. It's only about free slots. To be clear. It's very unlikely that they will push out new servers for the sake of newbs having an easier start if a good amount of servers isn't full.

14 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Even though this is somewhat right, it's unlikely that WC will just push out servers because someone wants it. It's about money. Servers cost money. And they will not rent new servers if there is plenty of space on existing servers. Objectively it doesn't matter if the Server fits your criteria you listed above. It's only about free slots. To be clear. It's very unlikely that they will push out new servers for the sake of newbs having an easier start if a good amount of servers isn't full.

1. As I mentioned in the first post, I have a thread about how new server can be "generated" without spending extra money. See HERE

2. "Newbie" ? I dont know if this is the right word for me. 

hours.png

(Its the german steam version but I think you still get my point - 2742 ingame hours))

Just now, Jostabeere said:

@Picolo XL Your thread is about old servers not being good for new players. And I said that they most likely won't do servers for newbs (new players). I did not call you a newb, you misunderstood this.

Aight I DID missunderstand that then. I will edit it to "new &returning" players, because that is what I mean ;)

30 minutes ago, Picolo XL said:

I should also mention that I DO NOT expect wildcard to release servers every 2 weeks. BUT for event like the TEK tier update AND the included Steam sale I would expect some new servers, because such updates and sales will generally bring alot of new and returning players to the game.

all official pvp servers need to be on a 6-10 month wipe scheduled cause atm this is the biggest problem with ark officials 

Archived