scorched earth or the island or the center?

riptoor

I have only played Island and Scorched Earth. So I can't say anything about the Center.

But if you just started playing, I guess I would recommend The Island.

Reasons being that it's not as difficult as Scorched Earth ( Scorched is hot, dry, and kibble-tree is not complete there ).
Center is a much larger map than the Island. Therefore I think the Island may be a little more beginner-friendly..?

PS. I play on computer.

If you want a trial by fire, almost literally, then start out on Scorched Earth. It is a much more difficult map, with extreme weather conditions and a greater abundance of hostile creatures. The Island would be the most friendly place to start; however the center, even with the bugs, seems to be a larger map (I don't know for sure) and is much more visually appealing than the Island. Any way you go just enjoy it. Hope this helps.

Dev support wise, I recommand The Island. The Center is way back with updates and fixes. Performance wise, The Center is better ( I get there twice more frames per second than The Island, even though the same assets are used in The Island. Apparently Wildcard's The Island map designers did really poor job there) Scorched Earth is extremely difficult at the beginning and lack key animals which may make your life easier. Performance wise it is better than The Island, but worse than The Center.

Archived