Dino Cap

rocky563

So recently in the last patch that hit all of a sudden when we log back in we see that the bird we are half way done taming says we are at dino cap. After counting all our dino's I counted 170. I then asked some friends about what the cap was and even opened a ticket. The ticket didn't provide me with any information but my friends have said the dino cap is 338. Can I get a confirmed dino cap number?

1 minute ago, rocky563 said:

So recently in the last patch that hit all of a sudden when we log back in we see that the bird we are half way done taming says we are at dino cap. After counting all our dino's I counted 170. I then asked some friends about what the cap was and even opened a ticket. The ticket didn't provide me with any information but my friends have said the dino cap is 338. Can I get a confirmed dino cap number?

Could have sworn it was 300, bit either way it is more than 170 so that is ridiculous. These patches just keep getting better and better

3 minutes ago, MTek9 said:

Honestly I've submitted a total of 7 tickets. Never even had 1 response. The customer service for this game is garbage and when I randomly have dinos disappear or I lose all items after a server crash, I just consider it part of the game mechanics. It happens so often it's the only option I have.

Yes by far the whole ticket submission thing is the WORST part of this whole game. They pretty much to you they don't care about your problems. There has never been a worse group of customer service employees 

Just now, Volcano637 said:

Yes by far the whole ticket submission thing is the WORST part of this whole game. They pretty much to you they don't care about your problems. There has never been a worse group of customer service employees 

Elder Scrolls Online is pretty much on the same level actually. I would submit tickets regarding certain items and get responses pertaining to UI issues or something like that. It was like they didn't read a thing I typed

5 minutes ago, MTek9 said:

Elder Scrolls Online is pretty much on the same level actually. I would submit tickets regarding certain items and get responses pertaining to UI issues or something like that. It was like they didn't read a thing I typed

The thing is as far as I knew with any job on the planet that you get paid to do your job. If they aren't doing their job then what are they getting paid for? Because they sure are not doing their job

2 minutes ago, emmense said:

Yeah this really sucks, on my server theirs a tribe called alliance they have a whole bunch of dinos, like 90% of the population inclduing like 200 sabers which i totally dont understand as it serves no purpose...

pretty sure that's a different issue than what's being talked about here...

Even if you haven't reached your personal tame dino cap, there is a server cap.  If the server cap has been reached, you cant tame any dinos, even if you don't have any at all.  We ran into this problem last night, our server hit the limit, we had to start asking everyone to cut back and luckily I play on a really good PVE server where there is a strong community and people look out for each other.  I don't see that happening on most servers.

7 minutes ago, Valys said:

Even if you haven't reached your personal tame dino cap, there is a server cap.  If the server cap has been reached, you cant tame any dinos, even if you don't have any at all.  We ran into this problem last night, our server hit the limit, we had to start asking everyone to cut back and luckily I play on a really good PVE server where there is a strong community and people look out for each other.  I don't see that happening on most servers.

I'd take any donations of dinos that your servers giving ;p but yeah.... servers have a total tame limit every time my friend hatches a dino it hatches as a wild one and is eaten by stuff.

We hit the dino cap at 120 dinos on ps4. Its a stupid rule because of the need for kibble farms for imprints and tames. We found a loophole (kinda) were you have a friend join the server make a tribe and claim all you egg farming dinos and then alliance with your tribe. We shouldn't have to find ways around the system.

4 minutes ago, xMovo said:

We hit the dino cap at 120 dinos on ps4. Its a stupid rule because of the need for kibble farms for imprints and tames. We found a loophole (kinda) were you have a friend join the server make a tribe and claim all you egg farming dinos and then alliance with your tribe. We shouldn't have to find ways around the system.

Yeah, that would work if your server hasn't met the cap, but not once you hit server cap.  When server cap is reached, you can't really do anything except unclaim dinos, move them off the server to another one or kill tames.

6 minutes ago, Valys said:

Yeah, that would work if your server hasn't met the cap, but not once you hit server cap.  When server cap is reached, you can't really do anything except unclaim dinos, move them off the server to another one or kill tames.

I think this is why Pegomastax was created. It's the soilent green of dino's...

33 minutes ago, xMovo said:

That's what a lot of people do but I unfortunately there is still a such thing as a server cap limit as well

Archived