Official Servers: Max Tamed Dinos Reached: Solutions/Suggestions

JetJaguar

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Vad said:

Still no response or post by WC?

Response ? As if they are willing to response .

I think kibble system could be re-work , like :

+Less kibble use , same amount of time to tame something , less kibble mean less egg needed .

+Remove kibble feeding from imprinting , replace it with actual baby interaction .

+Increase the egg-boosting effect from Oviraptor , right now they barely noticeable . 

Also , dino should be able to the mindwipe tonic to reset theirs XP  back to 0 so that player if unsatisfied with how he distributed the point can re-distribute it again instead of taming another one .

And player should be encouraged to sacrifice theirs dino instead of threatening them with dino limit , one of my old suggestion was a tek tier converter that can turn living dino into other materials .

On 15.2.2017 at 4:25 PM, Godan said:

All that hypothetical theorycrafting gives me headache, I didn't even bother continue reading that, sorry. I played the game for about 4500 hours, and I can say, without any calculations, that we finally hit server cap after 1 1/2 years due to excessive claiming/transfering and breeding for mutations/stats., and punishing tribes won't solve this.

Maybe this was the wrong thread to post my suggestion :/

No it wasn't the wrong thread. Let me explain it to you. You made a suggestion which relies on math and numbers. But you did not think about the math itself and you just threw in some numbers.  You shouldn't be surprised if anyone actually takes your numbers and does some math to show you that the numbers are bad.

Actually, if it wasn't for Jen giving that offhand remark in steam, we wouldn't even know that they're thinking to impose the limit, and that news would have hit us like a freight train.

It's kinda scary to be honest. But not because I am against it, but at least let us have a fighting chance to manage and strategize.

A suggestion was posted in the digest about reworking Oviraptors.  If Oviraptors had the ability to wander around your pen picking up eggs for you and have a reduced weight cost (such as beavers), then people could drastically reduce the size of their kibble farms - which would lead to better server performance and the dino cap issue.  

Think about it, if you could have an oviraptor collect your eggs 24/7, then you would not need 15 carnos for their eggs.  Maybe 3 females and 1 male would suffice.

6 hours ago, leucreavus said:

A suggestion was posted in the digest about reworking Oviraptors.  If Oviraptors had the ability to wander around your pen picking up eggs for you and have a reduced weight cost (such as beavers), then people could drastically reduce the size of their kibble farms - which would lead to better server performance and the dino cap issue.  

Think about it, if you could have an oviraptor collect your eggs 24/7, then you would not need 15 carnos for their eggs.  Maybe 3 females and 1 male would suffice.

Except your base is in stasis and nothing moves.

And if the goal is to reduce the size of egg farms, anything less than making a single female viable is a failure, especially maintaining the requirement of a male and even that isnt really going far enough.  Either they are serious about reducing required dino count or they arent.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:49 PM, Sky.NET said:

Kibble revamp?

Already in the game!
Ever killed a sheep with a chainsaw? Enough special meat to tame 15 150 gigas the same speed like kibble and only getting a couple of levels less after tame compared to kibble.
1.5x taming on weekends makes you tame everything REALLY fast, except dinos that are worth the pain, like the giant Squids, Wyvern you can only hatch or Golems that are a "knockout and forget" anyways.
The only dinos that is worth making a kibble farm is the following chain:
Giga~>Oviraptor~>Megalo~>Therizino
So you can get high lvl Therizinos.
And Mantis for Golem, tho you will never need more than 3 150 golems per tribe ever in your life and you can kill all mantis eggers after those 3.

With breeding you only need a couple good 150 tames, in case of PVE i would even say: socialize, transfer, get mate partners for your high lvl dinos on other servers (sometimes its even worth to pay for it).

Dino storage?
Planned (cloning machine in TEK tier) PLUS Jeremy is begging constantly at steam stuff to add custom data for player inventories:
Source:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133256240736318437/#c133256240736361866

Reproduction stat?
Good idea but not really needed.

Aging dinos?
VERY good idea, i would love it, with one exception:
There MUST be an item that prevents dinos from dying (must be very expensive, like requiring element as main ingredient, or it must be regulary used on your favourite dinos) and dinos should live at least 6 reallife months!

Simply Asking People to ditch dinos?

Nope, they are greedy, devs need to delete all those low lvl early days old crap like trikes, stegos, carbos, parasaurs etc.
Everything that has knockout-tame-method and takes less than 1 hour to tame at the current rates should be deleted if its older than 150 days.
Bred dinos should stay tho.

Start killing off your dinos and quit hoarding this game isnt about who has the most dinos wins, they should put a cap on tribes amount of dinos they can have because its out of control

On 18.2.2017 at 2:00 PM, Frozenhole said:

Start killing off your dinos and quit hoarding this game isnt about who has the most dinos wins, they should put a cap on tribes amount of dinos they can have because its out of control

Are you a bit retarded?

Besides my breeding task force i have ~50 dinos total.
My breeding task force = 100 chalis + 150 sheeps.
After the event is over i will give away/trade 100 of those sheeps + the chalis are for bossfights and will all die anyways (they are not planned to last long let alone forever).

So in TOTAL i have 300 Dinos, and will end up with 100 total after my selling/fights.
So what? Im hoarding? Sure... tell that those stupid guy on our server who owns more than 800 dinos and just bought a 2nd account to be able to keep em even after the 400 tames limit they will introduce soon.

There you got your cap, not affecting me, but yet you say its ME who should stop hoarding, yet every actual hoarder will circumvent this stupid "fix" with alt-accounts en masse... 

Dinos must die over time, no other possible solution.

Archived