Official Servers: Max Tamed Dinos Reached: Solutions/Suggestions

JetJaguar

45 minutes ago, b0ender said:

How can u say that cap is fine when i nicely explained above that only kibble farmed dinos with 3 fem and 1 male is total fo 170 dinos per tribe for kibble farm, x 10 tribes 1800 wich is already half of server limit, u cant be serious

This is just complete nonsense. You don't need all kibble, many are for useless critters. Mutton replaces a good chunk of these easily. Honey from bees in the future is also to act as mutton for herbivores from what I've heard, which in the future will further reduce the need for kibble.
If people decide to keep that many animals rather than pick and choose those they actually need, that is on people, not on the rules.

I am seriously so tired of people literally saying "I make this choice, but I expect the rules, other people, or what have you to bend to my whim, because taking responsibility for my own choices is beneath me."

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Yeah and raising the limit will do what? It will be maxed out in a day. Oh and now your servers run like crap they crash and u can't play with your special Dino's .... just because u think u need Dino limits increased... hahahaaa oops now u need it increased again... 

have u red the part in which i explained that ATM 10 tribes with kibble farms already fills up half of server capacity?

if u can reach half of server capacity with just stuff u need to tame other dinos then something isnt right is it?

if u need 30 dinos of same species to effectiefly breed it, then something is wrong with that aswell

this can be fixed in many ways not only by increasing limit

if they would increase limit up to 6-8k, plus if they would lock servers to 40 slots, and if they would increase chance of baby getting higher stats from both parents to about 90% problem would be solved

u should stop trolling and start thinking

3 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

This is just complete nonsense. You don't need all kibble, many are for useless critters. Mutton replaces a good chunk of these easily. Honey from bees in the future is also to act as mutton for herbivores from what I've heard, which in the future will further reduce the need for kibble.
If people decide to keep that many animals rather than pick and choose those they actually need, that is on people, not on the rules.

I am seriously so tired of people literally saying "I make this choice, but I expect the rules, other people, or what have you to bend to my whim, because taking responsibility for my own choices is beneath me."

here we are, talking about breeding event, raising super dinos to get most out of them

and he speaks about taming with mutton that has less effciency then kibble

my friend, u are not only on wrong planet, u are in wrong galaxy

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, b0ender said:

have u red the part in which i explained that ATM 10 tribes with kibble farms already fills up half of server capacity?

if u can reach half of server capacity with just stuff u need to tame other dinos then something isnt right is it?

if u need 30 dinos of same species to effectiefly breed it, then something is wrong with that aswell

this can be fixed in many ways not only by increasing limit

if they would increase limit up to 6-8k, plus if they would lock servers to 40 slots, and if they would increase chance of baby getting higher stats from both parents to about 90% problem would be solved

u should stop trolling and start thinking

Not trolling you should realize they can't increase the Dino amount to what your saying it can't work server wise. If you start looking at other solutions Dino's die from old age random meteor strikes sickness ect ect. Wipe servers every quarter or 6 months. Decrease Dino limits. Locking in a player amount on a server is foolish. People leave games get bored so where do u set the limit of that persons white listed spot. Who decides that you? Is it 2 weeks a month? What if someone goes traveling for a month or 2 in the summer and just needs to log in to save spot. Or they just log in just to save spot on server. What if a friend wants to buy the game now they can't get in your server because u want it capped.  Really u need to look at the larger picture. 

Just now, b0ender said:

here we are, talking about breeding event, raising super dinos to get most out of them

and he speaks about taming with mutton that has less effciency then kibble

my friend, u are not only on wrong planet, u are in wrong galaxy

Your argument is there is too many dinos kept for kibble.
My argument is you can easily cut back on kibble critters.
Your argument is my argument has nothing to do with your argument.

Right.

5 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

@JetJaguarI don't know what they planned. That's why I asked. I mean. on Officials every player can have 57 dinos. If you form Tribes, and you should form tribes, you can get a smaller amount. But even if you breed, you don't need to keep everything alive.

I saw the argument about bosses and that people Breed up to 20 Rexes. Do you really need to keep hundreds of Rexes you won't use in the bossfight?

I'm pretty sure people do not get an egg farm for every dino. Some you just don't need. If you're in endgame. What do you need?

Yeah thats a good question. But I will tell you my thoughts..

I personally believe when Ark was created they designed up with strictly PVP in mind. Everything around the game is geared towards PVP play. PVE imo, was tossed in as an afterthought and not a lot of consideration given to the long term effects of what would occur on PVE based servers, especially with the overall gameplay.

To further that, I think PVE, which is completely different from PVP style, brings out different types of players:

-The endgame players are focused on the dinos they need to take down bosses: rexes, good gigas, etc.

-Breeders - Players who simply keep toying with the mutation/breeding mechanics. Could care less about bosses.

-Zoo Collectors - Those who want a few of every dino in game for one reason or another.

-The new guys - newer players who have a dozen or two dozen random dinos.

The problem becomes when others feel Self-righteousness in dictating to you how you should be playing the game and point to these "rules" as though they are written in stone. The official servers hit max tamed dino cap back in 2015, not long after the game came out, and I believe it was patch 190 fixed it/raised the cap.

When you ask, "What do you need?" id say: We got a lot of what we need. Why do we keep getting more dinos added to the game then? its like a tease in a way: HEY ARK PLAYERS! LOOK AT THIS TREE JUMPING DINO YOU'RE GONNA WANT! (Again, note that most dinos have abilities that are great for PVP..pointless for PVE) So would you want them? Maybe people just think they look cool or are neat?

The problem is as kids, most all of us have had a fascination with dinos. Now older, you have the chance of taming them and interacting with them/breeding them. How cool is that? So while someone may say its pointless on PVE to have the dino, lets say purlovia as a good example, others may want it because its a cool dino they like. And then I'd refer back to my first comment about the game not remotely designed for PVE players in mind..

6 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Your argument is there is too many dinos kept for kibble.
My argument is you can easily cut back on kibble critters.
Your argument is my argument has nothing to do with your argument.

Right.

let me teach u something u dont know, obviusly

kibble taming gives most efficiency, which then gives most aditional levels, which then gives you higher stats

now read second sentence as many times as u need, until u figure out why mutton taming is not an option

Those 4 players joined server in last 2 hours, all of them would normaly start to tame dodos, pteras, raptors etc

how much of our own dinos are we supposed to kill not only to make space for those new players but for new breeds and tames for ourselves? 

We are killing dinos all the time and we are back at limit within few minutes.

633 is believe me really specific for some reason, its super active server with 40 players during the day, don't know whats the deal

Yesterday there was some newbies also asking other players to kill their own dinos so they could tame

scMR2r9.png

Here's an idea. What if the tamed dinos aged so after a while they'd die a natural death, thus making it more difficult to reach cap. You could use this mechanic for the more common dinos like parasaurs, Pteras, trikes, and raptors.

Given a long enough lifetime it would allow you to tame a replacement while still freeing space for future tames.

Also, counting boats in the dino cap is ludicrous! I know in my tribe of 6 folks we have at least 8 boats if not more. Take the boats off the dino count I say!!!

8 minutes ago, catnip said:

Here's an idea. What if the tamed dinos aged so after a while they'd die a natural death, thus making it more difficult to reach cap. You could use this mechanic for the more common dinos like parasaurs, Pteras, trikes, and raptors.

Given a long enough lifetime it would allow you to tame a replacement while still freeing space for future tames.

Also, counting boats in the dino cap is ludicrous! I know in my tribe of 6 folks we have at least 8 boats if not more. Take the boats off the dino count I say!!!

Haha, interesting idea, I give you that :), at least u contributed and said something new.

But that is actualy worse then us choosing ourself what to kill to make slot.. also taming raptors and other kibble farm dinos over and over again would not be fun at all.

Now something that came to my head is that disableing Claim option after someones base decay would definitely be a step forward to solution to this problem. As someone already stated, there are players that claim everything, that hoard 20 raptors just so they have it.

53 minutes ago, Naus said:

Very first thread you linked has your answer.

Jen  [developer] Feb 2 @ 6:13am 
We don't plan to raise the limit on our servers. Sounds like some people on your server need to scale down those kibble farms. :P

Cap reached and raised thread from 2015: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535151589901264565/

Cap was reached before and was raised, back in 2015 no less. Nothing should be set in stone. Game has FAR more players now anyway.

More and more servers are having a platform structure limit and tamed dino limit hit.

Having it based on tribe limitations can be worked around by having one man tribes in alliances.

The best workaround and what they should have done from the get go was to have a per player platform-saddle structure limit and player dino limit.

Perhaps a 200 or 250 platform structure limit and 100 or 150 dino limit per player. This way tribes aren't handicapped and it applies evenly through every player. It's a non issue about alpha tribes having more max dinos than a single player since this is only really a prominent issue on PVE.

What WC should do right now is put a message at the main menu and remind everyone to kill theirs unneeded dino to free slot  for everyone.  

May be we need a Tek Converter that can transform dino into other material , we need to encouraging everyone to sacrifice theirs dino in PvE for greater good , right now people still reluctant to kill theirs dino .

58 minutes ago, TR-8R said:

What WC should do right now is put a message at the main menu and remind everyone to kill theirs unneeded dino to free slot  for everyone.  

May be we need a Tek Converter that can transform dino into other material , we need to encouraging everyone to sacrifice theirs dino in PvE for greater good , right now people still reluctant to kill theirs dino .

There was mention of a tek tier device that combines two dinos making a new one with slightly better stats. Chances are higher than 50% of losing both dinos. I'm likely off on the numbers though.

OK let’s straighten out a few things, I play on PVE just as a prefix and I’m solo.

Changing Kibble Requirements:
Changing the requirements (less eggs, more kibble made) will not help. All that will happen is players will tame/breed the same amount in order to have MORE kibble for high levels.

Urgency:
This needs to be top priority on your whiteboard. What you’re essentially doing to players on PVE right now is telling us we can’t tame dinosaurs in a dinosaur taming game. 

Valentine Event:
Who’s bright idea was this? A mating multiplier right in the midst of an epidemic on PVE of hitting the dino cap. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Look at the problem first:
Why do I tame 15 scorpions? Because even that amount only really nets me the eggs to tame a high level rex maybe once every few weeks. (Not including events). If I had 1 male and female that laid that amount that would work, but you then have to stop the spam from greedy folks. So how about this, only 1 male and female can drop eggs, so in a pen only 2 of them are dropping eggs (at a much higher rate) and the others are unaffected/don’t lay. You’ve just solved the problem.

Tribe Dino limit: 
That works out about 12 tribes, this won’t work without a player limit, and down that rabbit hole is not where you want to go. 

The Cull:

Lastly, so your in a tribe with 200 or 50 or X amount of dinos over the limit, you patch and add the Cap, which ones disappear? Your on a dangerous line here. 

If we assume that they will not make major changes to the kibble system yet, then you have to look at what minor changes will help, even if they don't solve the issue.

Multiple kibble per egg will help but not solve the egg farm dino limit problem.  There becomes a point where you generate more kibble than you can possibly ever use which makes extra females pointless.  This would be temporarily helpful.

With your scorpion example, why even have a male at all?  Real chicken egg farms don't have males, all you want is unfertilized eggs.

So a typical egg farm of 1 male and 3-4 females becomes 1 female.  Again, it's not a final solution but it does make a massive temporary improvement and gives them time to come up with a real solution.

The cap per tribe however only act as a temporary fix .

Yes , it is for now force certain alpha tribe to kill off theirs dino and reduce theirs farm to 400 dino . However , know this , there is no tribe limit per server and one day the server will be flooded with tribe which have 400 dino and push that 4000 dino cap limit again .   

Archived