Official Servers: Max Tamed Dinos Reached: Solutions/Suggestions

JetJaguar

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Sky.NET said:

Kibble revamp?

Already in the game!
Ever killed a sheep with a chainsaw? Enough special meat to tame 15 150 gigas the same speed like kibble and only getting a couple of levels less after tame compared to kibble.
1.5x taming on weekends makes you tame everything REALLY fast, except dinos that are worth the pain, like the giant Squids, Wyvern you can only hatch or Golems that are a "knockout and forget" anyways.
The only dinos that is worth making a kibble farm is the following chain:
Giga~>Oviraptor~>Megalo~>Therizino
So you can get high lvl Therizinos.
And Mantis for Golem, tho you will never need more than 3 150 golems per tribe ever in your life and you can kill all mantis eggers after those 3.

With breeding you only need a couple good 150 tames, in case of PVE i would even say: socialize, transfer, get mate partners for your high lvl dinos on other servers (sometimes its even worth to pay for it).

Dino storage?
Planned (cloning machine in TEK tier) PLUS Jeremy is begging constantly at steam stuff to add custom data for player inventories:
Source:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/133256240736318437/#c133256240736361866

Reproduction stat?
Good idea but not really needed.

Aging dinos?
VERY good idea, i would love it, with one exception:
There MUST be an item that prevents dinos from dying (must be very expensive, like requiring element as main ingredient, or it must be regulary used on your favourite dinos) and dinos should live at least 6 reallife months!

Simply Asking People to ditch dinos?

Nope, they are greedy, devs need to delete all those low lvl early days old crap like trikes, stegos, carbos, parasaurs etc.
Everything that has knockout-tame-method and takes less than 1 hour to tame at the current rates should be deleted if its older than 150 days.
Bred dinos should stay tho.

Very good reply. Thank you for the link to Jeremy's post. I wish this was done a long time ago though :/ 

The TEK tier item for storage though shouldn't be Tek imo. It should be accessible to anyone for storing.

oh hey once again our llustrious forum mods felt the need to merge my post into this thread, thanks guys, greatly appreciated. Youre on top of your game!

At any rate, I see the usual tried and true arguments are out: Goto an unofficial server, the Devs said.. and thank you Cap for showing me my previous posts. Ill post 100x if I have to so the point is made. One common theme on the internet in general is posting a discussion multiple times vs posting it once. Google it; posting similar discussions multiple times generates more views, responses, and interest. Its easy to avoid/ignore topics that don't interest you and takes more time to respond then just ignoring it.

I think the big thing people are missing here is that PVE is just breeding/taming, building, or killing bosses if your tribe(s) are big enough. That's it. So if you reach dino cap, and you don't have the dinos/people to do bosses, you're just playing Minecraft with building. Spin it however the hell you want. The bottom line is: The game was sold and designed around dinos. When you cant do anything more with dinos, its not as fun.

Instead of "The Devs said..." or making the same broken record suggestion of going to unofficial, why not simply get servers that can handle bigger loads for PVE servers? If lag is the reason behind the dino cap, get better servers? You cant tell me money is an issue?

There are 70 active players per server. That doesn't mean the server is limited to 70 people. There can be hundreds. Again: Imagine if those hundreds want to tame just 2-3 dinos each? And there are hundreds of dinos to pick from. The game even steers you towards certain dinos you will want.

No I think in the end here, Devs are trying to please too many people and have this grand idea that in reality cant be put into play: lets add literally, 100s of dinos, anything you suggest, its coming. We'll also let hundreds of people play on the server.. BUT, the catch is you cant own all these dinos. You want to play Zoo tycoon? Wrong game. If you want that Stego, you're not getting that Giga.

I want to log in and not have to think: Hmm, what dino that I spent hours looking for and taming do I want to kill off so I can get a different one now? Did I really just waste time over the past 2 years of this game taming/getting stuff only to have to kill it now to get the new stuff? Can you imagine if Blizzard told WoW people their old achievements or mounts had to go in order for them to get any new ones? People would be livid.

Why aren't there some type of caps on PVE servers with regards to player populations? You cant expect PVE and PVP servers to work the same way at all. Why aren't PVE servers are better/bigger hardware? Why wasn't this crap thought of back in 2015? Why is the kibble system forcing players to obtain dozens of one type of dino in order to tame another one? Why should one player get 500 dinos and another is stuck at 50 dinos because of the cap? How fair is that?

Wildcard has created kibble system, which is nothing else than grinding and encourages hoarding dinosaurs to make taming new one less tedious. 

There is a serious gameplay design flaw, which prevents new players to experience all dinosaurs game has to offer, because of taming cap, decreases server and client performance siginificantly.

People tame lots off kibble dinosaurs to get as many eggs as possible in the shortest amount of time.

In my opinion Wildcard ought to redesign kibble tree in 3 ways:

-Rethink if some dinosaurs really should have that very rare egg to create kibble.

-Reduce amount of eggs/kibbles required to tame dinosaurs with the same taming time to keep current balance level.

-Unclaimed dinosaurs despawn after X days.

However, what if people would still hoard dinosaurs still? Maybe make a system that the more dinosaurs of certain species you have, the more difficult it is to keep them alive. (increased damand of food etc, decreased statistics of an animal, because a pen is overcrowded) 

40 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

oh hey once again our llustrious forum mods felt the need to merge my post into this thread, thanks guys, greatly appreciated. Youre on top of your game!

At any rate, I see the usual tried and true arguments are out: Goto an unofficial server, the Devs said.. and thank you Cap for showing me my previous posts. Ill post 100x if I have to so the point is made. One common theme on the internet in general is posting a discussion multiple times vs posting it once. Google it; posting similar discussions multiple times generates more views, responses, and interest. Its easy to avoid/ignore topics that don't interest you and takes more time to respond then just ignoring it.

I think the big thing people are missing here is that PVE is just breeding/taming, building, or killing bosses if your tribe(s) are big enough. That's it. So if you reach dino cap, and you don't have the dinos/people to do bosses, you're just playing Minecraft with building. Spin it however the hell you want. The bottom line is: The game was sold and designed around dinos. When you cant do anything more with dinos, its not as fun.

Instead of "The Devs said..." or making the same broken record suggestion of going to unofficial, why not simply get servers that can handle bigger loads for PVE servers? If lag is the reason behind the dino cap, get better servers? You cant tell me money is an issue?

There are 70 active players per server. That doesn't mean the server is limited to 70 people. There can be hundreds. Again: Imagine if those hundreds want to tame just 2-3 dinos each? And there are hundreds of dinos to pick from. The game even steers you towards certain dinos you will want.

No I think in the end here, Devs are trying to please too many people and have this grand idea that in reality cant be put into play: lets add literally, 100s of dinos, anything you suggest, its coming. We'll also let hundreds of people play on the server.. BUT, the catch is you cant own all these dinos. You want to play Zoo tycoon? Wrong game. If you want that Stego, you're not getting that Giga.

I want to log in and not have to think: Hmm, what dino that I spent hours looking for and taming do I want to kill off so I can get a different one now? Did I really just waste time over the past 2 years of this game taming/getting stuff only to have to kill it now to get the new stuff? Can you imagine if Blizzard told WoW people their old achievements or mounts had to go in order for them to get any new ones? People would be livid.

Why aren't there some type of caps on PVE servers with regards to player populations? You cant expect PVE and PVP servers to work the same way at all. Why aren't PVE servers are better/bigger hardware? Why wasn't this crap thought of back in 2015? Why is the kibble system forcing players to obtain dozens of one type of dino in order to tame another one? Why should one player get 500 dinos and another is stuck at 50 dinos because of the cap? How fair is that?

You are obviously missing a point:

- The dino limit is not a problem if the people on your server (including you) show some basic cooperation. The best example forthat would be our official server, where once the biggest tribes knew that there is a max dino limit on official servers they built a large public egg farm for everybody. There are multiple signs for new players in different areas, so making your own egg farm in addition to the already largest one on the server would be kind of pointless. If the top tribes in your server can´t come together, create an egg farm in one location and kill all egg dinos except 20 of each species, then the problem is not the Max Dino Limit.

- The devs said in multiple posts that the dino limit will not be increased anytime soon. Ranting about that or trying to create multiple threads for the same issue won´t change that or increase the capability of their servers. 

- You can always outsource to other servers F.e. Transfer all your rexes to a less populated island server, since having Rexes on the Center is pretty pointless anyway at the moment.

Arrange yourself with the rules of this game. They are there for a reason.

Edit: They even introduced the Ovis, Event-based chocolate and increased the rate of dino taming. There are a lot of ways to tame dinos without the need of massive amounts of kibble. The only dinos that you need kibble for are herbivores and having one place on the server with 10-20 dinos of the same type is enough for everyone.

21 minutes ago, Dreads said:

You are obviously missing a point:

- The dino limit is not a problem if the people on your server (including you) show some basic cooperation. The best example forthat would be our official server, where once the biggest tribes knew that there is a max dino limit on official servers they built a large public egg farm for everybody. There are multiple signs for new players in different areas, so making your own egg farm in addition to the already largest one on the server would be kind of pointless. If the top tribes in your server can´t come together, create an egg farm in one location and kill all egg dinos except 20 of each species, then the problem is not the Max Dino Limit.

- The devs said in multiple posts that the dino limit will not be increased anytime soon. Ranting about that or trying to create multiple threads for the same issue won´t change that or increase the capability of their servers. 

- You can always outsource to other servers F.e. Transfer all your rexes to a less populated island server, since having Rexes on the Center is pretty pointless anyway at the moment.

Arrange yourself with the rules of this game. They are there for a reason.

Edit: They even introduced the Ovis, Event-based chocolate and increased the rate of dino taming. There are a lot of ways to tame dinos without the need of massive amounts of kibble. The only dinos that you need kibble for are herbivores and having one place on the server with 10-20 dinos of the same type is enough for everyone.

Im not missing any point; please don't be condescending to me with my thoughts.

-Our server does cooperate and we also have a public egg farm. That's not the point. Its a server thats been there from the start. Its extremely populated averaging 30 people a night with new people signing up daily. A big tribe, and there aren't really "big" tribes on our server, killing off 50x dinos will only open the door for a few new people to get their trikes or parasaurs, etc. Last night a chunk of players did kill off dinos. Not the point. Point is PVE and PVE are different. No thought was put into the results of PVE over time and now everyone is paying the price. Our server, and others, are hitting the cap.

Again: I sincerely doubt in 2015 the thought process was completely there about PVE servers and hundreds of dinos, kibble, mutations, etc. Even WC hinted at kibble potentially being problematic..hindsight..

-The devs also increased the limit before when it was hit back in 2015:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/535151589901264565/

The game changes and so do development goals. Regardless what the "devs said", they can change their mind and the purpose of posts are to get points across from their playerbase. Its an Alpha, we're testers, we're giving feedback. If it irks you so much, don't read the multiple posts and move on. More time spent responding then ignoring it.

-I have been on this server since day 1. its home. Like many others, people have spent COUNTLESS hours building bases and laying things out. The solution isn't on the customers; its on the company to come up with one.

-The sheep is a good start. something that should have been there since day one. Rules of the game change as the game evolves and expands. What worked 2 years ago for a small game just starting out that has now expanded into one of Steam's top selling games, cannot and do not all work or apply at this point. Anyone whos played since June 2015 can see just how much things have changed and improved. Not everything, but some things have.

Posts from players DO get heard and thats the very reason for multiple posts and from multiple people.

I totally disagree with the OP, the max dino limit MUST NOT be set to a higher value.

It would just makes the servers lag even more than they already are !

The issue here on PVE servers is that players are keeping tons of poop/useless dinos in their base.

On my server for example, two tribes are keeping a poop load of useless dinos (like 50 ptera under lvl 100, 70 dilos, etc.) they have claimed all over the map for no reason cause they will NEVER use them.

There is only negative results for such behavior:

1. They consume lots of food => More dinos hunted for their meat => less wild dinos available on the map
  2. They are the cause of reaching the max dino cap
  3. They make the server lag like hell

The best way to avoid reaching the max dino limit by server is to set a max number of dino by tribe/player to force people to discard useless low level dinos.

@b0ender Quick fix for your server: ask everyone to sort their dinos out, stack useless dinos in one spot, place C4 on them and kaboom ! (Don't want to use c4 ? Just use a thunder wyvern)

5 minutes ago, Darkbibou said:

I totally disagree with the OP, the max dino limit MUST NOT be set to a higher value.

The issue here on PVE servers is that players are keeping tons of poop/useless dinos in their base.

On my server for example, two tribes are keeping a poop load of useless dinos (like 50 ptera under lvl 100, 70 dilos, etc.) they have claimed all over the map for no reason cause they will NEVER use them.

1. They consume lots of food => More dinos hunted for their meat => less wild dinos available on the map

The best way to avoid reaching the max dino limit by server is to set a max number of dino by tribe/player to force people to discard useless low level dinos.

@b0ender Quick fix for your server: ask everyone to sort their dinos out, stack useless dinos in one spot, place C4 on them and kaboom ! (Don't want to use c4 ? Just use a thunder wyvern)

its 633 server

you come and tell people to kill their own dinos

thank you bud

4 minutes ago, b0ender said:

its 633 server

you come and tell people to kill their own dinos

thank you bud

I didn't said it's an easy task ;)

It's being discussed on my own server for weeks.

Some players have understood that it's in their best interest and a lot of dinos has been deleted.

However, some don't listen (and will probably be the first to wine when the dino cap will be reached) and we keep trying to convince them..

Your server reached cap aswell and u have no problems with the fact that u can no longer tame / breed?

I cant believe that sorry

Which server are you on?

How can u say that cap is fine when i nicely explained above that only kibble farmed dinos with 3 fem and 1 male is total fo 170 dinos per tribe for kibble farm, x 10 tribes 1800 wich is already half of server limit, u cant be serious

9 minutes ago, Darkbibou said:

Yeah so lets discuss this:

1) Why don't the devs get better servers that can handle the loads on PVE ones?

PVP = Dinos killed daily/constantly. Its pvp...

PVE = Dinos tamed/bred daily. its pve...

You don't need dinos kept in the bases? tell that to the company that created the game and told you to use kibble to tame them. Revamp the kibble system. Make it cost less. Tons of ideas to fix this; none implemented. Sheep is as close as it gets.

2) Tell people to kill off dinos. So hows that decided? Lets say a tribe or two tribes kill off 100 dinos. With new people joining the server EVERY DAY, what difference will 200 less dinos make? we'll be back to dino cap in a week or two.

I agree, I think its ridiculous, even outrageously greedy some people have hundreds and hundreds of dinos. Why not put a counter so the server CAN SEE who has the stupid amount of dinos? I think on Official PVE 441 people have an idea of the 3 or 4 big bases with outrageous amounts of dinos but most of these people think its the other tribe who has the bigger amount and will kill off 25 or 50 and say "ok, I did my share!".. So policing your own server isn't easy nor to be honest, should it be on ME the customer to log in after a work day and have to deal with managing people? I mean really? Im logging into a video game about dino taming and I now have to play social worker with 30 people in the game. That's absolute BS..

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Yeah so lets discuss this:

1) Why don't the devs get better servers that can handle the loads on PVE ones?

PVP = Dinos killed daily/constantly. Its pvp...

PVE = Dinos tamed/bred daily. its pve...

You don't need dinos kept in the bases? tell that to the company that created the game and told you to use kibble to tame them. Revamp the kibble system. Make it cost less. Tons of ideas to fix this; none implemented. Sheep is as close as it gets.

2) Tell people to kill off dinos. So hows that decided? Lets say a tribe or two tribes kill off 100 dinos. With new people joining the server EVERY DAY, what difference will 200 less dinos make? we'll be back to dino cap in a week or two.

I agree, I think its ridiculous, even outrageously greedy some people have hundreds and hundreds of dinos. Why not put a counter so the server CAN SEE who has the stupid amount of dinos? I think on Official PVE 441 people have an idea of the 3 or 4 big bases with outrageous amounts of dinos but most of these people think its the other tribe who has the bigger amount and will kill off 25 or 50 and say "ok, I did my share!".. So policing your own server isn't easy nor to be honest, should it be on ME the customer to log in after a work day and have to deal with managing people? I mean really? Im logging into a video game about dino taming and I now have to play social worker with 30 people in the game. That's absolute BS..

Im pretty sure it's the engine not the servers. Either way they aren't going to upgrade servers just because people are selfish and think they need ever Dino in the game and breeding farms. It's your own mess pve players created you guys sort it out... I'm a firm believer in the Dino cap being lowered in tribes and single players. Dino's are tools to be used.

Just now, Captnmorgan said:

Im pretty sure it's the engine not the servers. Either way they aren't going to upgrade servers just because people are selfish and think they need ever Dino in the game and breeding farms. It's your own mess pve players created you guys sort it out... 

Fairly ridiculous reply. The game was created 2 years ago without thought process put into how PVE will work instead of PVP for dinos. You cannot and do not kill off dinos in PVE. Its a mess that wasn't properly thought through. Lets play it this way:

Lets say everyone has 25x tames. No more, no less. Now lets say the server has somewhere around 100+ players. We average 30 a night. A NIGHT. With new players joining daily. With just 100 people at 25 tames each thats 2500 tamed dinos right there. We cant stop people from joining the server. When do you cut it off? Why bother with new dinos? If I played since day 1 should I now kill all 25 dinos so the new 10 guys joining can tame too? You offer absolutely no solutions. None.

Here take a look: https://arkservers.net/official/ - See how many new people are joining daily/weekly. People post how awesome the game is doing on Steam: big seller! Game on sale for $10, even more new people!! What the hell do you think is going to happen on official PVE servers? More people = more tames.

Sure theres going to be the two or three big tribes with even a lot more tames but hello!! It wont stop even more people from joining the already crowded server and wanting more tames. So yeah, theres no solution being offered here then: Go sort it out yourselves.

Companies like Blizzard host servers that hundreds upon hundreds of people play on. Im sure WC can muster up funds to setup different machines for PVE servers. How hard of a concept is it for people to comprehend the difference between PVE and PVP server/playstyle? Further, who is anyone to sit here and say: Well you shouldn't be taming this dino, its useless OR: well you shouldn't be taming that many dinos. You're gonna tell me how to manage my money, school, work and stuff next?

The biggest deterrent for me killing off dinos is that most of my egg layers are breed dinos from 145 and 150 tamed stock because I enjoy breeding and pike off the trash i tame the first time around ASAP so once I get fully set up you are hard pressed to find a dinos under 200 with my brand even in my egg barn. Then i fly over the bases of people who will not pike ANY dinos under any circumstances, and its trash dinos for days, dinos i wouldn't even bother taming that they very often claimed from people who quit anyway.

19 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Im pretty sure it's the engine not the servers. Either way they aren't going to upgrade servers just because people are selfish and think they need ever Dino in the game and breeding farms. It's your own mess pve players created you guys sort it out... I'm a firm believer in the Dino cap being lowered in tribes and single players. Dino's are tools to be used.

then its again their fault, why did they gave us 100 slots, out of which only 30 are in use and even out of 30 there are maybe 10 people that know what they are doing, i mean breeding

if engine cant handle bigger ammount of dinos then put only 20 slots on each server

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, JetJaguar said:

Fairly ridiculous reply. The game was created 2 years ago without thought process put into how PVE will work instead of PVP for dinos. You cannot and do not kill off dinos in PVE. Its a mess that wasn't properly thought through. Lets play it this way:

Lets say everyone has 25x tames. No more, no less. Now lets say the server has somewhere around 100+ players. We average 30 a night. A NIGHT. With new players joining daily. With just 100 people at 25 tames each thats 2500 tamed dinos right there. We cant stop people from joining the server. When do you cut it off? Why bother with new dinos? If I played since day 1 should I now kill all 25 dinos so the new 10 guys joining can tame too? You offer absolutely no solutions. None.

Here take a look: https://arkservers.net/official/ - See how many new people are joining daily/weekly. People post how awesome the game is doing on Steam: big seller! Game on sale for $10, even more new people!! What the hell do you think is going to happen on official PVE servers? More people = more tames.

Sure theres going to be the two or three big tribes with even a lot more tames but hello!! It wont stop even more people from joining the already crowded server and wanting more tames. So yeah, theres no solution being offered here then: Go sort it out yourselves.

Companies like Blizzard host servers that hundreds upon hundreds of people play on. Im sure WC can muster up funds to setup different machines for PVE servers. How hard of a concept is it for people to comprehend the difference between PVE and PVP server/playstyle? Further, who is anyone to sit here and say: Well you shouldn't be taming this dino, its useless OR: well you shouldn't be taming that many dinos. You're gonna tell me how to manage my money, school, work and stuff next?

I'm not going to read that. Like I said I'm a firm believer in lowering Dino limits. Heck even wiping servers every 6 months pvp and pve.  You keep beating a dead horse making the same posts every week you got your answer seversal times. Raising limits won't work. Pve players don't want sickness or old age you can't please everyone or any other thing that might kill a Dino. The only one being rediculouse is you whining and crying once a week on the subject. Dino's are tools to be used not sit in a barn collecting dust. Not saying u do that but really games do grow but there is a limit to engines servers we are about at that limit. You can't honestly want lag crashes. Think logically. It's a small percentage of servers that have these problems that may even get wiped on release. Or didn't u consider that. Maxed Dino limits couple tribes. Tell that to your server maybe it will work itself out. FYI I have no idea if that will get wiped nor do I care.

Just now, b0ender said:

then its again their fault, why did they gave us 100 slots, out of which only 30 are in use and even out of 30 there are maybe 10 people that know what they are doing

if engine cant handle bigger ammount of dinos then put only 20 slots on each servers

Because it was not planned that people get thousands of dinos?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, b0ender said:

then its again their fault, why did they gave us 100 slots, out of which only 30 are in use and even out of 30 there are maybe 10 people that know what they are doing, i mean breeding

if engine cant handle bigger ammount of dinos then put only 20 slots on each server

You don't need hundreds of Dino's. It's not a players cap it's a Dino problem it should be lowered per tribe.

1 minute ago, Jostabeere said:

Because it was not planned that people get thousands of dinos?

What was planned then? Like seriously, what was the entire plan and thought process? What amount of dinos SHOULD people have? With weekly Extinction Events to encourage taming, mutations added so people can experiment with breeding, bosses so people need bred/beefed up dinos, a multitude of dinos added with more on the way, dinos specialized to serve a purpose (Even tells you in the login how dinos make life easier..so go get them), what was planned???

Again: Imagine a server where there are 100 people. Not all online at once of course but officials CAN hold up to 70 players active at once. Now lets say all 100 people have only 25 tames. That right there is over half the tame limit already.

Steam sales at $10 and Ark being one of the bigger games on Steam means tons new people joining. So thats even more tames. So again, what was planned in 2015? That 200 dinos would be put into game but only 25 dinos per player? or less? Come on..

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, b0ender said:

what u on about?

whats not planned? they plan relasing even more dinos

read the news, read the dossiers, go check wiki 

Yeah and raising the limit will do what? It will be maxed out in a day. Oh and now your servers run like crap they crash and u can't play with your special Dino's .... just because u think u need Dino limits increased... hahahaaa oops now u need it increased again... 

@JetJaguarI don't know what they planned. That's why I asked. I mean. on Officials every player can have 57 dinos. If you form Tribes, and you should form tribes, you can get a smaller amount. But even if you breed, you don't need to keep everything alive.

I saw the argument about bosses and that people Breed up to 20 Rexes. Do you really need to keep hundreds of Rexes you won't use in the bossfight?

I'm pretty sure people do not get an egg farm for every dino. Some you just don't need. If you're in endgame. What do you need?

Archived