Auto Turret Warning

Crows

Enemies can use the warning system to test boundaries without fear of damage or death, making it a high security risk.

You could post billboards around the perimeter of "your area" with something like: "Warning - Turrets Ahead." It serves the same purpose without giving enemies a chance to map out your turret coverage.

I hear ya.'.

Generally, whenever I'm on a new server and/or don't know where bases are, I explore slowly.  VERY slowly.

I start with running a perimeter circle around my own base, moving progressively outward.

And when I need to go hit resource spawns outside my area, I do recon slowly. Chances are a large base is not going to pop up overnight. (It does happen, of course, but usually not.)

Once you make a resource run a few times, you'll learn the areas to avoid. 

TLDR: Recon slowly and follow known paths to limit deaths.

The warning sounds like a super high tech machine winding up.  Terrifying when you first hear it.  If your turrets are medium or high there's almost no chance for them to hear it from the outskirts of turret range since sound doesn't carry that far.

It's useful if you're in a high flyover area to save on bullets.

I find the warning is useful on scorch where we have a couple turrets dedicated to wilds only.  Lets us know it's a wild wyvern triggering our turrets and not our impending doom from attack.

Yea in my own opinion, warnings are a total sham.  People will just take advantage of your warning and some will consider it a challenge to get past your defenses.

I rarely ever set my turrets up to anything other than long range, no warning.  What you may want to consider though is setting a turret in a cluster of turrets to players only.

Archived