Enemy Dinos Won't Attack my structures why!?

getgcs33

So I have noticed a big problem with the games AI. If you are playing against the environment (PVE), how can you make the Dinos more aggressive so they attack your structures on site? What is the purpose of a base in single player for example if the enemy Dinos won't attack your structures?? This lack of AI basically stops the feeling of survival imo. No reason for a base if you can just make wooden spiked walls and the enemies like Therizinosaurus for example won't attack the wall they just get stopped by it.

Is there a quick setting to change? in the server settings? 

Is this the case with all enemy Dinos? So far it happens with all Ive seen except Gigas (I havent had one approach the base yet)

They will attack your structures if they are aggrod into you.

The whole PVE mechanic is kind of messed up, born of the want of people who didn't want full blown PVP. The official servers are full of areas pillared off with no way of clearing the area if the owner chooses not to demolish them, and massive kibble farms that mean server dino spawns are badly affected.

So you are telling me they do not attack my structures? Unless I piss them off? That renders the base useless because now I feel like im not surviving.. Is there a way to make enemy Dinos attack my base without me aggroing them. The base is mine so therefore the base alone should aggro the enemy Dinos no??

Is there a mod to make them attack the base (having the base aggro them not the player) 

Or is there a mod where they will just come and get you from everywhere? With settings to say up to how many at once? This will create a need to survive.

• Volunteer Moderator

You can set spiked walls to damage wild dinos. I can't remember what it is called in the INI, but it's something like "Passive Defenses Damage Riderless Dinos" if that is set to true then it will injure and agro wild dinos when they touch it. Of course they would only agro if the walk in to it.

As for dinos agroing near your base, I believe the only reason they would do that, besides being attacked is if they either see you, or see your tames. So if your walls are high enough to cover the height of your tames then they are less likely to agro.

12 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

You can set spiked walls to damage wild dinos. I can't remember what it is called in the INI, but it's something like "Passive Defenses Damage Riderless Dinos" if that is set to true then it will injure and agro wild dinos when they touch it. Of course they would only agro if the walk in to it.

As for dinos agroing near your base, I believe the only reason they would do that, besides being attacked is if they either see you, or see your tames. So if your walls are high enough to cover the height of your tames then they are less likely to agro.

hmm interesting I wonder if there is a way to increase the range of sight from the wild dinos? Or a setting to allow aggro by sight? doing this will make it harder yes but more like you are surviving because truthfully the way it is now (*With no mods) I feel invisible. The wooden spiked walls are only half the hieght of a rex or bronto and I have them in my base.

Also what Ini are you talking about? Thanks very much for your input!

12 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

All settings available by editing the .ini files: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Anything not in that list you'd typically have to mod to achieve though, such as wilds aggroing structures on sight.

hmm thanks! Do you personally feel that this is needed? I do. I found the setting GamerPerfection was talking about. its in Game.ini  bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=<value>  This should help agro dinos if I place some spiked walls in random spots. as far as the wild dinos I still feel like they need to come after you when in range. I also played for 200 hours or so and havent seen a Rex more than once spawn right near the base. I think the spawning of harder creatures right near you dont happen as much? 

Is there a spawn setting? for certain wild dinos? not this  DinoCountMultiplier  this will change all dinos I only want to increase the more difficult ones but more important is where... they dont usually spawn near.

This is simple though, a few more settings for the server to allow change with the following:

1 Range of sight on Wild Dinos (Radius number).

2 Wild dinos are aggressive (hunt you within radius) or Neutral (Attack you when seen) setting (On/Off).

3 Number of maximum of Dinos that will come after you per spawn period. (Again all within the radius you specify)

3 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

Yea, let dinos attack your base all day and see how much you enjoy the game lol. Building up a safe house and dino collection is part of the survival... lol

I know silly but listen If you dont have wild dinos trying to break your base or trying to kill your tames or trying to kill you because they just dont... where is the survival game??

It sounds like you have set up in a relatively safe zone, probably on the beach. if you want the survival game base defence experience try setting up in the snow or mountains on the island, the lava or half burnt island on the center. I think some of the problem is single player. ark is balanced around an always on persistent world and it is dangerous when a wild giga or alpha rex wanders by your base. there are plenty of zones where this will only happen once or twice a week at most, in single player you may never experience it because the game doesn't persist, but on a server even one giga a week could lead to you spending half your time rebuilding damage you took while offline. even in the most dangerous areas it's not too hard to build a base that is simply untouchable by wild creatures. very few dinos can damage stone and only the titanosaur and a few event dinos can damage metal.

On 2/6/2017 at 1:29 PM, getgcs33 said:

I know silly but listen If you dont have wild dinos trying to break your base or trying to kill your tames or trying to kill you because they just dont... where is the survival game??

You had to survive to get to that point right? And if its pvp then you are always having to think about surviving and defending your safe spot against other players, which is the survival concept this game was built upon :P

I completely agree with the OP's desire. I've been playing PvE for a week, I've tamed my first rex and now the challenge is gone! Surely someone has thought of this and has built a mod to deal with it?

OP, the closest thing I've found so far is the Bush Peoples mod, check it out. There's also the Annunaki Genesis mod, or Dino Overhaul X. I'll try them out tonight.

Archived