Why does everyone keep destroying out base as soon as we build it

efarley

On 2/6/2017 at 1:56 PM, MaHaBe said:

Whoa no need to argue, It is a game after all.

To me it makes no sense how it can be fun to jump to another server just to say you wiped out a bunch of smaller tribes or weaker or newer tribes. 

I mean the guy who did it to me, was level 85 with a 252 Ptera. I was level 28 with a boat and nothing more. Hell he didn't even take everything, just destroyed it. Whats the point if you cant have things to take with you. And if you do cross server, wouldn't it make more sense to try to come home with something better than you have, so destroying a low level on a boat wont get you much more than stone, wood or thatch. 

I understand what PVP is, but wouldn't it be better if you were fighting people more your level, the treasure would be better and you could strut yourself on the boards, not much to brag about in what happened to me. 

And other than that one time, all my wipes have come when I wasn't there, Maybe we should have offline protection in place. Would keep everything a little better. I just hate waking up in the morning to a wiped base, ruins the day.

If the guy came from another server and griiefed you for no gain to himself, then that has no justification and doesnt pertain to volcanos issue of wiping low lvl tribes

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, efarley said:

My friends and myself are trying to get into this game but every time we try to build a house within a couple of hours players show up and destroy everything. What do you all find so fun about destroying a noobs first house and ruining the game for them and preventing them from ever getting anything done besides restarting a character and house every 2 hours?!?! Aren't there other players your own level out there that would be more fun to raid? You know people that actually have things of value to you since I know you assholes on your trex with big tribes and huge stone and metal bases don't need my cloth armor, stone pickaxe/axe and wooden spear.

DO NOT go to PVE. Stick with PVP. It's worth the challenge once you get a foothold. It takes time, and you will lose everything on more than one occasion.

With that said, find a nook somewhere. Build small, build fast and build hard. Beef up your security. Make their return of investment not worth the effort.

OP, do not be so quick to write off the raiders.  You have no idea what they have been through.  

Yes, there is a good chance that they were just griefers from the start hell bent on ruining your day regardless of their day or who you are.

For myself, I went on a griefing spree once.  It was the final straw to the server zerging that would destroy WEEKS of work building a fully entrenched metal base.  I was going around my area trying to find someone - anyone that may have seen the zerging tribe who wiped me.  When I saw a band of noob survivors lighting campfires and torches like there were no tomorrow, I admit, I was livid.  Livid at the fact that these noobs survived the zergers unscathed.  I was literally about to run into the ocean to kill myself and move on when I turned tail just when I was getting suffocated.  I emerged from the water to see 2 of them waiting likely wondering what the heck I was doing.  Rather than say I word, I landed a good one-two knocking one of them out.  The other was as shocked as I was - I'd never attacked unprovoked before.  Adrenaline and instincts kicked in and I immediately stripped that player of all his belongings granting me access to some clubs and spikes.  Knocked the other one out, stripped him of gear, and also stripped a passed out tribemate inside their wooden shack.  I could hear one of the guys outside screaming at me that if I wanted to be part of his tribe, all I had to do was ask.  I was livid even more!  How could such a noob even dare to invite me into his noob tribe??  So I began to narc him while I ransacked his place.  When I ran out of (his) narc, I started bashing him in to keep his torpor up.  I got over-zealous and ended up killing him instead.  So this was it, time to go, right?  Not so much.  I took an ambush position waiting for them to come back!!  LOL.  I must've waited at least half an hour before I finally did logout.

This was how I became a griefer albeit shortlived.  So far ;)

Some people have very serious emotional issues, real life problems and deep personal insecurities and failings that they take out on others around them. They do it to you because you are defenseless - people like this are always cowards. And they do it on the internet and Ark because if they acted like who they really are inside, irl, they would get punched in the mouth regularly. They hide behind anonymity and project / take everything out on everyone around them. Got a group like this on my server - they try to upset people in any way they can, from having a lame "offensive" names, to spamming people with mocking after they just took / destroyed what little they had, or ruined their fun in other ways. 

In the end, its a guarantee your life is better than these sad, aggressive people who lash out and who can only have fun through a knockoff brand of sadism wherein the sadist is weak. 

On 06/02/2017 at 5:49 AM, Sofe said:

Because they can. You not safe from this on PvE either... however, in PvE likelyhood your base getting destroyed by other actions is much, much lower. As people are more friendly there, but even there if someone doesnt like you...

Not on the server me and my boy are on. Took him ages taming Dilos  and dodos. Along comes a guy. Plonks a tree house right next to his base. Kills off the lot. Dismantles his cooking stations and beds at the same time 

cheers PVE for making my kids miserable this morning. This is a small father son thing 

Other than my previous suggestions, I think people should raise their defenses ASAP. I see a lot of people building nice big houses completely defenseless, and usually they are raided the day after. Then they rebuild, exacly in the same spot and again without defenses, which is a bit baffling to be honest.

Better a small house with spikes and xplants than a defenseless mansion.O.o

On 2/5/2017 at 8:50 PM, efarley said:

My friends and myself are trying to get into this game but every time we try to build a house within a couple of hours players show up and destroy everything. What do you all find so fun about destroying a noobs first house and ruining the game for them and preventing them from ever getting anything done besides restarting a character and house every 2 hours?!?! Aren't there other players your own level out there that would be more fun to raid? You know people that actually have things of value to you since I know you assholes on your trex with big tribes and huge stone and metal bases don't need my cloth armor, stone pickaxe/axe and wooden spear.

It's so salt

rkrz7b.jpg

"Why does everyone keep destroying our base as soon as we build it?"

Because you're playing on a pvp server. If they let you build, you might tame a dodo, if you tame a dodo you might tame a ptera, if you tame a ptera you might grab them and drop them from really high up. They can't let that happen, because letting others have fun is not in their nature.

Some official pvp servers have communities that are willing to let people stay if they are friendly/helpful. 

Either way get X plants and turrets up asap. A base without any defenses is always gonna get raided by someone looking for free resources or looking to grief.

You'll notice a drastic decrease in the amount you're raided thru a combination of decent defenses and not hoarding.  

Until you're confident in your ability to protect it, don't hoard resources.  If a raider has to blow thru turrets and a well constructed base for little/ no payoff odds are they won't return.

• 8 months later...

If said players that raided you are within your level or just overall set up, fair game. But yes it's  true that most ark pvp servers are toxic, especially on console. Some servers on pc have rules And  etiquette such as killing no passive Dino's, no destroying bases that are lesser quality than yours. That's way everyone has equal competition... but no today I had just finished a wood home on a noob beach with my friend first time he'd ever played on ark. We were on the island map, after 3 and a half hours of work a man with a Wyvern he transferred over from another map flies over and kills our passive berry collecting Dino's, c4's our house entirely and kills us with wyvern, dumps our food and tools and hide ( all we had ) And leaves. And this happens every other day to me when I play, never people my level, always extremely over powered players obliterating nakeds and noobs. It's so toxic. Wish console had servers with custom rules and bans like pc.

1 hour ago, Ryangthemang said:

If said players that raided you are within your level or just overall set up, fair game. But yes it's  true that most ark pvp servers are toxic, especially on console. Some servers on pc have rules And  etiquette such as killing no passive Dino's, no destroying bases that are lesser quality than yours. That's way everyone has equal competition... but no today I had just finished a wood home on a noob beach with my friend first time he'd ever played on ark. We were on the island map, after 3 and a half hours of work a man with a Wyvern he transferred over from another map flies over and kills our passive berry collecting Dino's, c4's our house entirely and kills us with wyvern, dumps our food and tools and hide ( all we had ) And leaves. And this happens every other day to me when I play, never people my level, always extremely over powered players obliterating nakeds and noobs. It's so toxic. Wish console had servers with custom rules and bans like pc.

NECROMANCER!

Just incase someone does read this resurrected topic, the OP's gripe is the nature of ark and why many new players will quit it. On my server red is dead, that generally includes everyone not in the server alliance. So yea you and your lvl 8 buddies can come,  and yes we will kill you along with destroying all your stuff. But why?! you ask, because its in the realm of common sense. What sort of alpha/mega tribe would let you build up to become a threat? Why bother taking the chance when wiping you over and over till you leave the server is easier and risks far less? This isn't even to mention the fact that no, we don't want to share the resources such a metal/pearls/obsidian etc with another tribe. There is still a limited number of resource spawns on a map, no sense is splitting that up more than you have to.

On 06/02/2017 at 6:35 PM, DinoDash said:

Why do alpha tribes need to destroy thatch huts and kill dodos to survive? 

Because more people on the server = worse server performence and there is only slots for 70 players at once.

Most servers already run like poop so more players buildings stuff and tameing dinos is the LAST thing the poor people already living there want or need.

They wipe you out and thats one less group of people taking up server slots, dino cap slots and in general less people = better server performence.

There are other reasons outlined above my post that contribute but speaking as someone who was wiped off 2 different servers by chinese players and finally merged with an English-speaking ragnarok alpha : serverside issues is THE primary reason we regularly cleaned house just like the OP described.

• 6 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, JacyKoi said:

Give PVE a try for a break in the senseless destroying/killing. Once you figure out what you're doing, maybe head back to PVP. Or stay in PVE if you prefer it.

lol no that is the worst way to teach someone how to learn the game. PVE teaches players bad habits that they then try and implement on PVP servers and it only ends in tears.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, Jostabeere said:

Here we go again. If someone plays PvP on a PvP server, he must be cancer, toxic Alpha or "an asshole".

OP, I beg you not to listen to the kind of users here who just push Alpha Tribe-hate agenda because those players actually do what everyone on PvP should do. Survive and eliminate all competition. It's just a simple, primitive food chain. And when you start, you're at the feet of this chain. People eliminate you because that's what keeps them alive.

All I can tell you is that you should probably go to PvE if you and your tribe is not ready for a constant fight for survival. If you learned more about them game, you can try yourself at PvP, but be prepared for cold-hearted fight for survival.

Very true. You know what is even more interesting is that when I start on a server in my small tribe it is not the large tribe that I try to raid immediately but rather I will go around the map and find some small-medium tribes that I can raid easily and give my a tribe a quick boost in resources. If you are half decent at diplomacy and know a thing about being sneaky then you can work it so the alpha doesn't bother you even if your raiding every other tribe on the server.

The same is true of my own tribe. I am more worried about the other small tribes rather then the alpha because first off I know if the alpha comes to raid my base there is not much I can do other then respawn stuff so if it happens it happens but with the other small tribes I have a decent chance of beating them. Also they are likely in the same predicament as me, short on resources and time and like a good hunter will seek out easy prey when they see it. They are my main source of competition at that point. If my base is going to be raided its more likely to be these other small tribes trying to steal my poop then an alpha/mega with resources galore. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, ken81 said:

Other than my previous suggestions, I think people should raise their defenses ASAP. I see a lot of people building nice big houses completely defenseless, and usually they are raided the day after. Then they rebuild, exacly in the same spot and again without defenses, which is a bit baffling to be honest.

Better a small house with spikes and xplants than a defenseless mansion.O.o

That is what you call a solid PVE design. I once saw a clown build what resembled a mini castle complete with crenelated towers. He put a turret in the top of each one but because of his crenelated design the turrets mostly hit the wall instead of me. That was probably one of the easiest raid's I've ever done. I just walked up the front of the base I didn't even need to run, the turrets shot 2 or 3 times that was it. ☺️

Archived