ETA on fixing Jerky on P+?

Akkori

Unofficial server. I put 3 cooked meat into each of the three devices, along with 1 each crude oil, fat oil, and seed oil, and finally 20 sparklepowder. The spoil times all the meat was boosted. The tooltip on the meat said it would spoil into 'old' meat. I then checked back an hour later and had zero jerky. A couple other people on the server had the same results. I guess it must be a mod conflict, but I can't imagine what. None of them have anything to do with meat. The admin spawned in a vanilla Ark preserving bin, and that worked great. About 1 jerky every 60 seconds.

1 hour ago, Akkori said:

Unofficial server.

That would have been a good thing to include in the original message.

1 hour ago, Akkori said:

I put 3 cooked meat into each of the three devices, along with 1 each crude oil, fat oil, and seed oil, and finally 20 sparklepowder. 

Sparklepowder made me laugh.  Fat oil and Seed oil are the only things that work.  Crude oil does not.  Furthermore, a regular "Preserving Bin" on Primitive Plus will not make Jerky.  Use a Smokehouse.  They pop them out rapidly.  

1 hour ago, Akkori said:

The spoil times all the meat was boosted. 

They work correctly for that.  They just don't make jerky that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, Akkori said:

The tooltip on the meat said it would spoil into 'old' meat.

Only the Primitive Plus meats will do that.  The Poultry and what not.  Regular meat, (Ark Basic Meat) will only spoil into Rotten Meat

1 hour ago, Akkori said:

The admin spawned in a vanilla Ark preserving bin, and that worked great. About 1 jerky every 60 seconds.

You must have some awesome upticks going on there because it's supposed to take 30 minutes per jerky.

I've been out for a few days, but there should be an admin around most nights. I'm pretty sure the vanilla bins the admin brought in are still working, but none of the P+ ones make jerky. I sat and watched as jerky popped up about every minute. The server has about 18 mods, but they are all about building and cosmetics. No mods that deal with food or consumables.

I will try to test it again tonight to confirm if it is the same.

Currently Jerky (PC) works with either Organic Oil or Crude Oil. I've made well over 100 Jerky with nothing but Spark, Cooked Meat/Prime, Oil (Crude), and Salt (don't have to put salt in, but if you do you get an extra usable "Salted" version each time) in a Preserving Bin and it works just fine.

Hmmm, I think it must be broken. I built a smokehouse about a week ago. Put 200 spark powder, 150 fat oil and a load of cooked meat in it. It has, so far, produced about 20-25 jerky for me but more of the meat rotted than was actually converted. The decay timer was boosted when I dropped the meat in and most of it still rotted before it was converted.

I assumed this was how it worked and was very disappointed by it. But it seems that's not how it's supposed to work no?

On 2/11/2017 at 11:01 AM, skeeta said:

Hmmm, I think it must be broken. I built a smokehouse about a week ago. Put 200 spark powder, 150 fat oil and a load of cooked meat in it. It has, so far, produced about 20-25 jerky for me but more of the meat rotted than was actually converted. The decay timer was boosted when I dropped the meat in and most of it still rotted before it was converted.

I assumed this was how it worked and was very disappointed by it. But it seems that's not how it's supposed to work no?

Just took out the 300+ cooked meat Jerky and 195+ Prime Meat Jerky we made this weekend.  It's working perfectly.

As for how it's supposed to work, it takes 30 minutes to produce 1 jerky.  That's why you should have more than one running at any one time.  We have a "Butcher Shop" with 7 smokehouses running and we use those to make our Jerky.

On 13/02/2017 at 4:17 PM, Plannb23 said:

Just took out the 300+ cooked meat Jerky and 195+ Prime Meat Jerky we made this weekend.  It's working perfectly.

As for how it's supposed to work, it takes 30 minutes to produce 1 jerky.  That's why you should have more than one running at any one time.  We have a "Butcher Shop" with 7 smokehouses running and we use those to make our Jerky.

Maybe it's an xbox thing then because it's taking about 6 hours per jerky for me. 

Archived