T Rex

bluexminder

17 hours ago, bluexminder said:

What are good base stats a rex should have before you tame it?

The Stats a Wild Rex has are completely up to the RNG Gods.

That being said, there are ideal(rare) chances to get the stats you want on one, or the stats you don't.

Let's say you knock out a Wild Lv.150 Rex, you open it's inventory and look at it's stats. For one, you can calculate the effectiveness of the points spent using dododex.com - type in in the Tame, and then towards the middle of the page, you'll see; "(Creature) Stat Calculator) - Type in the Stats and Level as you see them, and the system is very efficient at telling you if it's a below average, average, or above average tame.

Generally, what you want to see on a Wild Rex is above average Health and Melee Damage, though Average is fine. I wouldn't waste resources on one that has Below Average in both those areas.

Then we come to the fact that post-tame efficiency level ups are also up to the RNG Gods. Under ideal circumstances, you could have a 150 Rex come out with ~12-15k Health and ~300-400% melee. These are super ideal, though, and incredibly rare.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, AleCrows said:

We get rexes with 10k healt and 369melee, later some mutations his babys take 11k hp and 408melee, and some times 140s and 145s take better stats, so your best way is tame all the rexes who are 140-150 and breed the betters to have mutations is his hp and melee. Greetings!

Yeah we just hatched 16 eggs this past weekend from 7 different females and 1 male.  Some of the females were tamed and some were 1st generation bred ones.  The best baby we got for health and melee was from a 145 female we had just tamed.  It also had a pink underbelly color mutation.  So yeah definitely don't count out the 140s or 145s.

1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

I take everything from 130. I tamed a Therizino that level and it came out with 7300 HP which was way better than all the 150s had.

True. Sometimes the 130 will get the roll on a stat you're looking for and sometimes you'll get a terrible roll on 150s. It's all up to the Ark gods. Me personally, I give anything over the old max a chance if Im specifically looking for stats and have the extra kibble on deck. Stack that scorpion kibble and tame like crazy. Good luck survivor.

Ok, I have little to no experience taming (my playing partner does all that, I just help take it down and pen it in and provide food etc). 

I get the picture about taking a 145 once downed and the dino having some stats and that depending on the kibble/food you give it, the further levels it can gain once tamed. I understand that any damage will take some levels off it too. Then I also understand once tamed you can gain another 50 or 70 levels or something like that.

What I really struggle to understand is that unless you are playing on a PvP server and you are going 1 against 1 then yes, these stats having the perfect tame etc make some difference but for the majority of players a 125+ dino with some decent food and then lvlled up about 250 is going to be more than ample at doing what you need. i.e. a 250 Rex is going to take out most things in the areas collecting meat and hide.

Are these stats really all that important when the dino will do what you want it to whether its a 250 or a 350 dino?

As i said, I have no experience of taming so I am asking an honest question here, not looking for a trolling from underprivileged children ;)

14 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Ok, I have little to no experience taming (my playing partner does all that, I just help take it down and pen it in and provide food etc). 

I get the picture about taking a 145 once downed and the dino having some stats and that depending on the kibble/food you give it, the further levels it can gain once tamed. I understand that any damage will take some levels off it too. Then I also understand once tamed you can gain another 50 or 70 levels or something like that.

What I really struggle to understand is that unless you are playing on a PvP server and you are going 1 against 1 then yes, these stats having the perfect tame etc make some difference but for the majority of players a 125+ dino with some decent food and then lvlled up about 250 is going to be more than ample at doing what you need. i.e. a 250 Rex is going to take out most things in the areas collecting meat and hide.

Are these stats really all that important when the dino will do what you want it to whether its a 250 or a 350 dino?

As i said, I have no experience of taming so I am asking an honest question here, not looking for a trolling from underprivileged children ;)

Bosses. 

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

its either one of 2 options,

who has the biggest schlong 

boss fights :)

9 hours ago, Anarki said:

To question that questions the foundations of ark. If we start going that route whats the point of going metal? Of doing much else besides getting the tames u want at any level!

That being said, its all about the old "min maxing" - trying to get the best stats, highest lvls. For high lvl bosses you need real nice rexs with good base stats. Higher melee and health means you need to put less points into melee,which can be pumped into hp (or othrr way around)

Most of us who have been playing since release honestly.. its just something to do lol

My tribemate tamed a Lvl 140 (209 after tame) Female Rex the other day, and it ended up having about 416% Melee after tame. Like 63 points. I about crapped myself. Before then, my best was a 150 Rex (224 after tame) that ended up with 57 points in MD. It's definitely part of my "Tyrant Project" (i give all my Breeding Projects a name) now. Still need a Rex with 40+ in Health though, that's a pain to find.

Archived