WHY DONT ALL THE ITEMS HAVE IDS?!?!

Dodorius

The ark is a wonderful place, for survivors and adventurers alike, but theres one type of ark player that has an okay time doing stuff, but longs for one thing...

This person is the builder, and what they need.. are every item id(but a creative mode with immortality, super fast flight, unbreakable and ammo-full weapons, and… a creative inventory).

So Devs, please help the builder to make grand houses with titans with platform saddles, oil pumps and Tek replicators, without spawning all the items and crafting the item(sometimes even stuff required to make stuff haven't an id).

(Or maybe they do all have one, but they aren't shown on the wiki.)

2 minutes ago, Dodorius said:

The ark is a wonderful place, for survivors and adventurers alike, but theres one type of ark player that has an okay time doing stuff, but longs for one thing...

This person is the builder, and what they need.. are every item id(but a creative mode with immortality, super fast flight, unbreakable and ammo-full weapons, and… a creative inventory).

So Devs, please help the builder to make grand houses with titans with platform saddles, oil pumps and Tek replicators, without spawning all the items and crafting the item(sometimes even stuff required to make stuff haven't an id).

(Or maybe they do all have one, but they aren't shown on the wiki.)

As of right now, not everything has been assigned an ID.   

All you need is the Survive Ark Companion and Xbox App. Copy from SA Companion, open cheat console in game with Xbox App open, paste, enter code, repeat. No more writing out long codes. Both are also available for iPhone. Plus you have a taming, breeding, resource, raiding calculator right at your finger tips. 

2 hours ago, ThomasRiordan said:

All you need is the Survive Ark Companion and Xbox App. Copy from SA Companion, open cheat console in game with Xbox App open, paste, enter code, repeat. No more writing out long codes. Both are also available for iPhone. Plus you have a taming, breeding, resource, raiding calculator right at your finger tips. 

I am not in need of the survive ark companion app. The devs should just give all the items have ids. Plus, my PS4 is very tricky to copy and paste with, so No. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, Dodorius said:

yeah, but its a bit of a pain to either always have to copy and paste(its tricky on consoles)long commands. So, never mind about that idea.

I admin on xbox and have been using the phone app SA Companion. You can search your item, click it, and it copies it. Then I open up xbox app and paste it in. Definitely would be nice to have number IDs, but this is a good workaround for me. My phone also saves recent clipboard activity, so I have a "list" of my 10 most recent.

The Devs have never gone back and worked on unfinished stuff, they just move on to the next shiny thing. Hair, sheep, a new cool dino, etc. are all things that have impeded the players getting the things they need and the fixes we all seem to want. Fixing the snap point system, finishing old dinos that were never completed like an Alpha for the Direwolf, sorting out why dinos just disappear forever are all things that should have been fixed by now. Instead we get hair that grows and more things pushed back in development.

Having a dev go thru and assign a number to all of the items is actual big boy work that will probably not get done any time in the foreseeable future sadly.

1 hour ago, Grimm said:

I'm not 100% positive, but I do know from the wiki, and even looking through a few things, not all of them have an ID #.   Some of them just have the Blue prints

Well, I kinda meant the blueprint as ID. OP asked for every item to be spawnable, which it kinda is. With the blueprint ID, isn't it?

4 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

I admin on xbox and have been using the phone app SA Companion. You can search your item, click it, and it copies it. Then I open up xbox app and paste it in. Definitely would be nice to have number IDs, but this is a good workaround for me. My phone also saves recent clipboard activity, so I have a "list" of my 10 most recent.

I said in another quote, I don't wanna download an app to summon items. Just give us the ids.

Just now, Jostabeere said:

Well, I kinda meant the blueprint as ID. OP asked for every item to be spawnable, which it kinda is. With the blueprint ID, isn't it?

Yeah, but the blueprints still need to be crafted with all the resources, and the only point of it in survival is that you don't need to spend engrams.

Just now, Dodorius said:

Yeah, but the blueprints still need to be crafted with all the resources, and the only point of it in survival is that you don't need to spend engrams.

You know if you spawn the blueprint ID, there are 3 numbers. First is the amount, 2nd is the quality and third is the blueprint. If you type the blueprint as a 0, you get the item and not the blueprint.

If you spawn "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Thatch/PrimalItemStructure_ThatchWall.PrimalItemStructure_ThatchWall'" 1 1 1, you get a blueprint.

But if you spawn "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Structures/Thatch/PrimalItemStructure_ThatchWall.PrimalItemStructure_ThatchWall'" 1 1 0, you get the wall itself.

16 minutes ago, Dodorius said:

I said in another quote, I don't wanna download an app to summon items. Just give us the ids.

Right, I got that! Maybe you should move this to the game suggestions then.. Or post in one of the other topics there about it. 

I guess your only options until they add item id to everything are to use a perfectly good work around,  that takes almost no time.... Or actually work for your Items by playing the game.  Scary thought! 

Just now, NebraskARK said:

Right, I got that! Maybe you should move this to the game suggestions then.. Or post in one of the other topics there about it. 

I guess your only options until they add them is to use a perfectly good work around that takes almost no time.... Or actually work for though Items. Scary thought! 

THIS IS IN THE GAME SUGGESTIONS !MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST PUT THIS IN THE DIGEST(WHO CARES ANYWAY THEY NEVER AWNSER ANYTHING)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

Yeah, that is true.  But from what I was interpretting on it, was they wanted ID #'s so they didn't have to input the BP string.   I've been wrong before, and could be wrong again.   :) 

Archived