Primal survival, good or bad?

DinoDash

So we have primal supposedly coming this month, so what do you guys think it's gonna be likes? I'm talking more on the perspective of a pvp player. Will this be perfect for trolls or people escaping from them? Personally I like the idea of having a super primitive mode of play (can't get much more primitive than being a dinosaur!) where the focus is not building and getting better stuff, rather simply surviving. Where you have little to lose. On the other hand I would be utterly terrified to live in a world with player controlled dinos. Where dinos were just as unpredictable as people. Of course until we get a chance to play it we have no idea what it's gonna truly be like, but let's make some theoriesa,

At this stage of development I see no need to add this mode to the game owing to the fact it is still in deep alpha and must be finished. Premiere dates are being pushed back constantly. Hiring another development team to finish Primal Survival costs some and that's not little money that could be used to finish ARK. However, I understand many people would like to play as dinosaurs. As how is going to work? You may check out The Isle, it might give you an idea. You cannot balance pvp that every dinosaur has a chance to win a fight, it wouldn't be logical. I think the experience won't be very immersive, because dinosaurs we have now lack of behavioural animations. 

5 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

At this stage of development I see no need to add this mode to the game owing to the fact it is still in deep alpha and must be finished. Premiere dates are being pushed back constantly. Hiring another development team to finish Primal Survival costs some and that's not little money that could be used to finish ARK. However, I understand many people would like to play as dinosaurs. As how is going to work? You may check out The Isle, it might give you an idea. You cannot balance pvp that every dinosaur has a chance to win a fight, it wouldn't be logical. I think the experience won't be very immersive, because dinosaurs we have now lack of behavioural animations. 

Well the isle doesn't have human/Dino interaction.

• Volunteer Moderator

I think it's going to be good!

In regards to whether it will be perfect for trolls or good for people escaping them, well every game that has multiplayer has trolls, they are very good at finding any way to troll. So really it doesn't come down to the game mode, but the fact that official servers will always have trolls at some point.

May I ask where you've gotten this information from? I've looked for any confirmation that it's supposed to be released this month, but so far I've only seen it on the Wiki, but nowhere else and not confirmed by any of the devs. I would love a link to the source if you have one. I've been anticipating this game mode ever since they announced it, so I don't want to get my hopes up in vain. :)

13 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

May I ask where you've gotten this information from? I've looked for any confirmation that it's supposed to be released this month, but so far I've only seen it on the Wiki, but nowhere else and not confirmed by any of the devs. I would love a link to the source if you have one. I've been anticipating this game mode ever since they announced it, so I don't want to get my hopes up in vain. :)

They released an info drop on it a while back

7 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Normal ark, well officials anyway are dead weight. I think they should throw all their money into primal and sotf and just let normal ark die peacefully and with honor.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

I think it's going to be good!

In regards to whether it will be perfect for trolls or good for people escaping them, well every game that has multiplayer has trolls, they are very good at finding any way to troll. So really it doesn't come down to the game mode, but the fact that official servers will always have trolls at some point.

It's going to be awesome! I actually can't wait for it. I don't really like normal ark at all anymore.

primal is going to be awesome because we won't have to worry about huge bases anymore and will actually be able to play the survival part of the game. As for trolls, I never minded them. They blow a small hole in your base and maybe take some stuff. Cool you set me back one day. As where alphas set you back your whole playing time. 

Even if trolls make their way into primal it will be just fine

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

It's going to be awesome! I actually can't wait for it. I don't really like normal ark at all anymore.

primal is going to be awesome because we won't have to worry about huge bases anymore and will actually be able to play the survival part of the game. As for trolls, I never minded them. They blow a small hole in your base and maybe take some stuff. Cool you set me back one day. As where alphas set you back your whole playing time. 

Even if trolls make their way into primal it will be just fine

Well I worry the damage they could do as gigas

9 hours ago, DinoDash said:

So we have primal supposedly coming this month, so what do you guys think it's gonna be likes? I'm talking more on the perspective of a pvp player. Will this be perfect for trolls or people escaping from them? Personally I like the idea of having a super primitive mode of play (can't get much more primitive than being a dinosaur!) where the focus is not building and getting better stuff, rather simply surviving. Where you have little to lose. On the other hand I would be utterly terrified to live in a world with player controlled dinos. Where dinos were just as unpredictable as people. Of course until we get a chance to play it we have no idea what it's gonna truly be like, but let's make some theoriesa,

Even if it doesn't turn out great, which I believe it will, I am just going to be happy that there is going to be any alphas! Praise Jesus.

if they really do have at argy I will definitely pick that dino to become. That way I can build my nest high up on a mountain where land Dinos can't get to me lol

the only chance of getting offlined would be by my other fellow argys which I would try to become alliances with since we would be the same species. Same breeds gotta stick together you know? Lol

either way I can't wait for it. Even if it has more bugs than the original I really won't care, my main problems were the bad people of officials and once primal comes out I will be there to stay and never look back.... well unless they were to bring sotf to Xbox then I would have to do that too.

no more officials and I am sure many many more will do the same

9 hours ago, DinoDash said:

But seriously though it is going to be awesome. I am almost as excited as when ark first came out so yeah I will probably be happy either way

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Yet. It's planned to add them, tribials, survivours and mercenaries. As far as I know you wouldn't be able to play with human and dinosaurs players in Primal Survival. I may be wrong tho.

Primal Survival will have humans playing humans and dinos on the same server.

Archived