Community Crunch 82 and ARK Digest 46!

Jen

My only question (right now) is when will Primitive + and Scorched Earth/Server Transfers start playing nice with each other. Otherwise, I don't think it's possible to tame a Megalosaurus and that leads to an eight-plus hour Theri tame. Unless you tame a lower level, at which point it becomes a three-plus hour tame. 

12 hours ago, xmrmeow said:

When I saw the question about shoulder mount snails I thought of having a mini-snail, and now I just want mini versions of all the dinos. Tek shrink ray anyone? Who wouldn't want a shoulder mount t-rex?

That would be awesome but I'm not sure how well that fits in. I know there's a mod for mini animals but it only has a few

Amazing stuff :D

Must be really interesting without all the tames and stuff, will definitely try it someday. Also love the stuff that you are planning to implement. Marketing system would be really good idea. But I also don't like that game still has a lot of bugs and crashes, and instead of fixing that you are just adding more stuff. Maybe make a month without new stuff or just little bit and put all your man power to fixing problems on hand and are well known.

Keep the good work!

15 hours ago, casperpretbek said:

can we get security camera's on Ark that should be really nice!:D

Yeah...not bad idea...We had an ally tribe that was raiding allies at night. Ofcourse turrets and xplants doesn't shoot...so they just throw few grades and steal everything.

Edited by sklemen

15 hours ago, spiritpaw said:

You guys are doing great! I love this game! Can't wait for the horse!

I personally like my Dino's looking at me. Can't we fix that problem a different way? I love that when I walk up to my creatures they check me out l poking for goodies or attention. Makes it feel more real. 

So how about that hot bar whistle for consoles? Please? 

I have been saying for sometime now it would be nice to have a Stop Looking At Me whistle. As for whistles on the hotbar for console, I agree. Please.

First Queston

Can we get a DinoCountMultiplier added it's needed badly the spawn ratio is out of control or can we have a DinoCountMultipler added so we can choose what Dinos we want to spawn to help limit the ones that spawn more types than others.

Second Question
Dino wipes are great but can we get a new wipe feature that doesn't affect TAMING while its nice to wipe the server perodictly it's not fun hearing players get upset a wipe was processed and their current tame was wiped along with it.

Third Question 
Any ETA or news about 3rd party hosting using real servers rather than using a console as a server.

Fourth Question
Can we have a Spear Gun or a Harpoon added to the weapon list for underwater use.

Fifth Question

Will you add player count multiplier added to private server to limit the amount of players that connect.

Sixth Question 
Hosting a server in the USA is their away to add an option of a country filter to deny connections to the server and or by ping rates that we can set that if the ping is not within an excepted range they'll be auto denied if not this is something we can do as a user using a firewall.

Seventh Question
When adding new NPC items to the game and the website can we go back to using Item ID rather than having to type out the long blueprint path to obtain the item or at least have a function in the system to remember the history of whats been typed in to the console on PLAYSTATION

Eigth Question
The most asked thing on a server can we get a scroll feature added to the chat box to look at past typed chat history if possible

Just an off the wall question what do these all mean when SetPlayerCheat is set to true you get this values

NPC
ACTIVE
DEAD
HIBERNATED
STASISED
PLAYER ACTOR

Thank you for allowing us to have this section to talk with you developers this game is the best game to ever hit console.

Love the Q and A part. I have a question/suggestion as well. When transferring servers on PS4, would you consider making it so Saddles and costumes do not have to be removed from the dino before uploading? I transfer a lot from the island to SE and back and most of the time my inventory is quite packed as it is. Having to lug a 20weight saddle just to reequip it again on the other side is quite annoying. To be clear, I'm just talking about the items that go in the top right corner of the dino inventory pane, not the actually inventory itself. To add to this, it would be nice if there was an extra slot up there for the tracking device to go. I've lost so many tracking devices on dinos because I'm always doing something that requires a quick march and only grab the saddle. Or make tracking devices permanent like the implant. Just a few ideas :) keep up the great work.

14 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

No ANSEL this week? I'll re-submit next week, I suspect there was not enough people submitting this week.

I am thinking this wasn't the case as at least three of us entered who commented here entered, then there are at least three more who typically do, in addition to some newer entrants. I get the feeling they just didn't want to download, upload, and post all the images. I personally feel it to be somewhat inconsiderate to those of us who spent the time to take/upload/email that they couldn't spend two seconds to write a sentence as to what happened and just sweep it under the rug and ignore those who asked what happened, especially when many of us are regular contributors. Definitely a bit disappointed that they also choose to ignore those who asked what happened to it and that they don't feel guilty with ignoring or just sweeping it under the rug.  If it was me, I would include a sentence just to not leave things out in the dark. I am sure those who were waiting on the Digest would feel the same way as a single sentence as to the situation from their last comment three weeks ago would go a long way rather than making them appear like they ignore their player base and not care. It's just a bad business practice and I can't say they exactly get a passing grade on many aspects of their business management practices on the public relations components. I do hope they re-evaluate their PR and communications some day as in the long run, this is one of the most critical elements for long term business success and what separates those who have a short run, and those who last long. That is especially true in a market with many survival games that all feel the same, where individual qualities will be the stand-out point.

Just something interesting for thought. False advertisement of a contest is against legal business practices, regardless of the purpose as the wording currently makes it a legally binding invitation and promotion. As contests are considered under marketing laws, they would be in trouble for having falsely advertised said contest and not honoring it. The problem comes from having honored three of the advertised contest and leaving the fourth out as it would be seen as sort of a "package" in simple terms. Just something interesting to think upon, some courses in business law really shed some light as to legal issues for even simple things that are innocent at face value but can have consequences. Even simple things that may seem innocent can have legal complications.

To be honest , i have complicated feeling for the dev , they did awesome jobs but on the other hand i dislike how they treat PvE badly as well as some of the worst customer service i have ever seen .

Like my question about grabbing attack in PvE , dev too scare to give a clear answer cus someone gonna make a fuss about it ( don't look at me , i gonna accept theirs judgement ) . However , better let the player know the reason as well as theirs final verdict , rather than making player hope that they will change ( which likely not happen ) .

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Wolf Angelus said:

I am thinking this wasn't the case as at least three of us entered who commented here entered, then there are at least three more who typically do, in addition to some newer entrants. I get the feeling they just didn't want to download, upload, and post all the images. I personally feel it to be somewhat inconsiderate to those of us who spent the time to take/upload/email that they couldn't spend two seconds to write a sentence as to what happened and just sweep it under the rug and ignore those who asked what happened, especially when many of us are regular contributors. Definitely a bit disappointed that they also choose to ignore those who asked what happened to it and that they don't feel guilty with ignoring or just sweeping it under the rug.  If it was me, I would include a sentence just to not leave things out in the dark. I am sure those who were waiting on the Digest would feel the same way as a single sentence as to the situation from their last comment three weeks ago would go a long way rather than making them appear like they ignore their player base and not care. It's just a bad business practice and I can't say they exactly get a passing grade on many aspects of their business management practices on the public relations components. I do hope they re-evaluate their PR and communications some day as in the long run, this is one of the most critical elements for long term business success and what separates those who have a short run, and those who last long. That is especially true in a market with many survival games that all feel the same, where individual qualities will be the stand-out point.

Just something interesting for thought. False advertisement of a contest is against legal business practices, regardless of the purpose as the wording currently makes it a legally binding invitation and promotion. As contests are considered under marketing laws, they would be in trouble for having falsely advertised said contest and not honoring it. The problem comes from having honored three of the advertised contest and leaving the fourth out as it would be seen as sort of a "package" in simple terms. Just something interesting to think upon, some courses in business law really shed some light as to legal issues for even simple things that are innocent at face value but can have consequences. Even simple things that may seem innocent can have legal complications.

It was just a question, I don't really care about the answer to be honest because I'll just enter the work I did next week, no big deal!

You act as if people wasted time taking their ANSEL shots.... no time has been wasted, just submit next week.

Jeez, when people miss the opportunity to win a bit of money y'all go crazy with false advertisement and such.

I prefer the days when people submitted for fun.

13 hours ago, casperpretbek said:

can we get security camera's on Ark that should be really nice!:D

12 hours ago, sklemen said:

Yeah...not bad idea...We had an ally tribe that was raiding allies at night. Ofcourse turrets and xplants doesn't shut...so they just throw few grades and steal everything.

yeaah even on pve its usefull to see what's around your base and if someone is knocking on your door you can see who it is

I only don't think it possible to watch it back 

but I think to just see it straight on a screen is possible 

hope I get answer soon haha:D

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, Murkingamers said:

First Queston

Can we get a DinoCountMultiplier added it's needed badly the spawn ratio is out of control or can we have a DinoCountMultipler added so we can choose what Dinos we want to spawn to help limit the ones that spawn more types than others.

Second Question
Dino wipes are great but can we get a new wipe feature that doesn't affect TAMING while its nice to wipe the server perodictly it's not fun hearing players get upset a wipe was processed and their current tame was wiped along with it.

Third Question 
Any ETA or news about 3rd party hosting using real servers rather than using a console as a server.

Fourth Question
Can we have a Spear Gun or a Harpoon added to the weapon list for underwater use.

Fifth Question

Will you add player count multiplier added to private server to limit the amount of players that connect.

Sixth Question 
Hosting a server in the USA is their away to add an option of a country filter to deny connections to the server and or by ping rates that we can set that if the ping is not within an excepted range they'll be auto denied if not this is something we can do as a user using a firewall.

Seventh Question
When adding new NPC items to the game and the website can we go back to using Item ID rather than having to type out the long blueprint path to obtain the item or at least have a function in the system to remember the history of whats been typed in to the console on PLAYSTATION

Eigth Question
The most asked thing on a server can we get a scroll feature added to the chat box to look at past typed chat history if possible

Just an off the wall question what do these all mean when SetPlayerCheat is set to true you get this values

NPC
ACTIVE
DEAD
HIBERNATED
STASISED
PLAYER ACTOR

Thank you for allowing us to have this section to talk with you developers this game is the best game to ever hit console.

There is a thread for you to post questions for the digest.

Is it me or is this Ark Digest just a cake to keep us looking away from a certain game that just ''released'' ???

Seems like elements (Dynamic-Length Briges) have been in the work for about a year, a year and half...but there is like 20 items the developers just said yes to like it was really no big deal...once again, just to keep players hoping, believing and staying on Ark while more and more competition is out there.