Tamed Calculator

PermabanThis

Updated to 1.0

Tamed Calculator is a simple tool that is able to be used to find what level the creatures you have tamed or bred have tamed out at or what they were born at. This is mostly useful for finding what creatures of yours are best for breeding. The functionality of the program is simple by design. This is because not everyone likes to use all-in-one tools. As far as I know there are no bugs, however, I am the only one who has tested this version, so alas, a bug may creep up when used by others.

In order to use this program, you must have Java 1.8 or later. (Latest version being 1.8.121) If you do not have the required Java version, you will be given a message on program startup saying you need to download Java.

How to use:

1. Download the zip file
  2. Extract the content of the file to any place of your choosing.
  3. Run Tamed Calculator.exe
  4. The rest is straightforward. (Please note: You must use the buttons to continue in the program, hitting enter will do nothing. Hopefully I'll be able to add it in soon.)

Enjoy!

Tamed Calculator.zip

Just from taking a quick glance at that, it's not exactly what I'm going towards with this. As far as I can tell, that program will only really work for PC. This can be used for all three platforms. As well this gives you the level of which the creature was tamed at in a relatively short time, compared to finding the correct stats to be placed in that program. By the time I did one dino, specifically from Xbox, on that program, I could probably do 10 or more using mine for this rather simple tool. As I said I don't see me making this much more complex apart from possibly adding in a name field and perhaps making it into a program with an interface compared to strictly console.

Now as I was the only one who was testing my program, for which it worked fine for me, I was wondering if anyone could tell me on rather or not they have run into an issue with the program at all?

Although that may be true, not everyone is able to get the full version of the Dododex. I for one, am one of those as I own a windows phone, which still has yet to receive the app.

Another thing, some people may like using all-in-one tools (I generally do), but some people prefer using separate tools for specific functions. This was mainly designed for those people along with a few of my friends because they were always asking me to find out what level one of the tribe's creatures was tamed at.

Now for an update regarding the actual tool:

I have decided to make it into a full program with an interface that you can interact with (Mostly because I'm sure a lot of you would prefer an interface over a console program). Granted it's still basic, but that's how I want it for now. For the most part, this update is done, just having one small issue that I'm working on fixing. Once it is fixed, I will post the updated program here. 

Updated to 1.0

Changelog: 

• Removed console version of Tamed Calculator
  • Added in user interface
  • No longer relies solely on user input
  • Changed directory of some files

To do:

• Add in the ability to use the enter key to submit creature level data.
  • If wanted by the community, make the program a one step and done rather than a two step process.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be good if we could get a calculator that would SPECIFICALLY indicate how many arrows/darts it takes to successfully knock out a wild dino.
I know thats a real hit and miss subject due to the time gaps between shots and the melee damage on your crossbow or rifle but nothing sucks more when your trying to knock a Giga or something of equal annoyance out and you run out of rounds.

I know most calculators go along a 5 second window but that is not always an applicable figure as some tames lose torpor almost as fast as one person can supply it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived