steam sale noobs killing spawns

perseaus1977

this is really becoming BS, all the new players keep joining low number servers and killing off spawns cause nothing can un-render long enough to respawn new dino's so our server if stuck with no dino's. no word from wildcard about fixing this issues either other than " everything is working as intended" i think its time for them to stop with the content crap and start looking at what players that have been playing since day 1 are needing to be done. this is an issue that need to be address and resolved before ever thinking about another steam sale .

30 minutes ago, perseaus1977 said:

this is really becoming BS, all the new players keep joining low number servers and killing off spawns cause nothing can un-render long enough to respawn new dino's so our server if stuck with no dino's. no word from wildcard about fixing this issues either other than " everything is working as intended" i think its time for them to stop with the content crap and start looking at what players that have been playing since day 1 are needing to be done. this is an issue that need to be address and resolved before ever thinking about another steam sale .

Hmm, you might be over-reacting a bit, I think.

WC needs money if they are going to finish this game, so ya, they care about the noobs that are paying them money for a new copy of the game. When was the last time you bought a new copy of the game?

I support anything they can do to stay in business as long as it doesn't completely break my game. I'm expecting at some point they will find a revenue stream that doesn't include just new sales,. Maybe subscription servers where you are guaranteed a reliable and mostly noob free game :D

42 minutes ago, perseaus1977 said:

For business standpoint, new players are number 1 priority, so they wont see things at old player point of view. Give it week or two, most of them will be gone.

4 minutes ago, theronin said:

No offense, but that is the worse friggin idea I have ever heard.  Frankly, subscription anything = bye Ark.

I'm not saying eliminate the free servers. Add some subscription ones. 

I for one (and I know of others too) would pay like $5 a month to play on a server that would be free of griefers and no lifers. Yes it would eliminate a large group of people that can't pay for it, but that large group also includes that small group of undesirables that I would pay to get away from. Not only that, but with a subscription they could afford to have an admin that actually can respond in a reasonable amount of time.

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

I'm not saying eliminate the free servers. Add some subscription ones. 

I for one (and I know of others too) would pay like $5 a month to play on a server that would be free of griefers and no lifers. Yes it would eliminate a large group of people that can't pay for it, but that large group also includes that small group of undesirables that I would pay to get away from. Not only that, but with a subscription they could afford to have an admin that actually can respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Im so down for this. Id pay a monthly.sub fee 

On 2/3/2017 at 3:59 PM, wildbill said:

Hmm, you might be over-reacting a bit, I think.

WC needs money if they are going to finish this game, so ya, they care about the noobs that are paying them money for a new copy of the game. When was the last time you bought a new copy of the game?

I support anything they can do to stay in business as long as it doesn't completely break my game. I'm expecting at some point they will find a revenue stream that doesn't include just new sales,. Maybe subscription servers where you are guaranteed a reliable and mostly noob free game :D

This is just ridiculous. Wild Card has made so much money off of the PC and both Console versions of the game being launched, but this isn't what OP is referring to per se.
The major problem with WC and this game is the way development and fixes are handled. I've conversed with numerous players, even of some of the largest Tribes in the game, and most players agree that Wild Card needs to halt new content production temporarily and work on fixing and polishing the game.

Look at it this way, from a coder's stand point;
Currently, Wild Card is almost never fixing bugs or glitches in the game, this is obvious because there are bugs / glitches / exploits that have been present in the game since the first day it released as Early Access on Steam. ARK is also above 3 years of release time, with the "full release" of the game having been pushed back twice already.

At the rate they are currently going, when they do decide to finally fix the bugs and flaws in the games coding, it will be too late. There is so much old coding with new coding piled on top, that they won't be able to properly isolate and fix old bugs without creating - literally - millions of new ones along the way.

Wild Card is not a large company by any means, they only have a couple people specialized in particular departments, and half of their team is community managers, who don't almost never post, talk or convey any useful information regarding a lot of the problems this game has and that are glaring.

Subscription Servers are not the way to go, this has literally never worked for any other company.
Revenue streams also won't work unless they plan on doing microtransactions in terms of cosmetics.

Honestly, at the rate WC is going with the game, the company is going to drown itself. This project is becoming too large for them, and I personally believe that they know this. I personally think, that what they're doing, is trying to push out as much content, DLC and sales as possible so that they can take the money and start another game or just run all-together. I honestly do not see ARK ever being finished properly.

5 hours ago, Orion said:

This is just ridiculous. Wild Card has made so much money off of the PC and both Console versions of the game being launched, but this isn't what OP is referring to per se.
The major problem with WC and this game is the way development and fixes are handled. I've conversed with numerous players, even of some of the largest Tribes in the game, and most players agree that Wild Card needs to halt new content production temporarily and work on fixing and polishing the game.

Look at it this way, from a coder's stand point;
Currently, Wild Card is almost never fixing bugs or glitches in the game, this is obvious because there are bugs / glitches / exploits that have been present in the game since the first day it released as Early Access on Steam. ARK is also above 3 years of release time, with the "full release" of the game having been pushed back twice already.

At the rate they are currently going, when they do decide to finally fix the bugs and flaws in the games coding, it will be too late. There is so much old coding with new coding piled on top, that they won't be able to properly isolate and fix old bugs without creating - literally - millions of new ones along the way.

Wild Card is not a large company by any means, they only have a couple people specialized in particular departments, and half of their team is community managers, who don't almost never post, talk or convey any useful information regarding a lot of the problems this game has and that are glaring.

Subscription Servers are not the way to go, this has literally never worked for any other company.
Revenue streams also won't work unless they plan on doing microtransactions in terms of cosmetics.

Honestly, at the rate WC is going with the game, the company is going to drown itself. This project is becoming too large for them, and I personally believe that they know this. I personally think, that what they're doing, is trying to push out as much content, DLC and sales as possible so that they can take the money and start another game or just run all-together. I honestly do not see ARK ever being finished properly.

You say from a coder's stand point. So just curious, are you a coder?

I've done some coding, but mostly do software testing for a living. Not sure why you think they are not fixing bugs, I see bugs fixed in every patch.

I think subscription servers have worked, most notably for World of Warcraft.

You almost sound like you are hoping WC will fail, I'm a bit more optimistic and think they will succeed and that they are well on the way to creating one of the best if not best in its category.

They are spending a lot of time on new content. But they are fixing bug slowly but surely. Every game has bugs. However the new trend of game designers is to throw out an unpolished game with promises of fixing them, instead they just release new content and DLC's and start on a new game. Would be surprised if a fully polished game ever came out again, that is popular and worth playing. WC just doesnt have enough manpower to handle everything a game like Ark is producing and needs.

Archived