raw mutton Raw Mutton faster than Kibble, better than Prime

MrJonesDK

1 hour ago, CTMalum said:

Doing any big tames in raw mutton seems pretty unsustainable.  From what I understand, the sheep are incredibly hard to find, so farming wild mutton for the tame is really not an option.  The only option, then, would be to become a shepherd and breed sheep for mutton.  Since everyone here is denouncing the egg farms, and raising sheep for mutton is pretty much the same thing, except much more resource intensive, it seems pretty pointless.

Everyone here is denouncing having a egg farm with 20 or more different types of dinos. That is a lot different than one type, sheep.

Yes, the sheep are incredibly hard to find, but your other two points don't make sense.

Not sure why you think sheep are resource intensive. You collect some berries, but them in a feeding trough. Do that like once a week, you keep the sheep alive for when you need them. Raising some takes a few minutes to breed them. And then about 4 hours later, hand feeding the lambs for about 5 hours until they eat from the trough. Kind of time intensive, but not resource intensive.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wildbill said:

Everyone here is denouncing having a egg farm with 20 or more different types of dinos. That is a lot different than one type, sheep.

Yes, the sheep are incredibly hard to find, but your other two points don't make sense.

Not sure why you think sheep are resource intensive. You collect some berries, but them in a feeding trough. Do that like once a week, you keep the sheep alive for when you need them. Raising some takes a few minutes to breed them. And then about 4 hours later, hand feeding the lambs for about 5 hours until they eat from the trough. Kind of time intensive, but not resource intensive.

Raising them is quite easy and finding them is not as hard as people are making it out to be. We've had more than enough stock sitting there for when we're ready. You just need to make sure when you see one that you pick it up, go back to your base, tame it (1 x Cake) and then it sits there until you're ready. Once you chop one of them up you whack the remainder in the fridge, go find something else to tame that you've been holding out on and you've suddenly got x5 odd MAX (-1) level tames. Win Win.

37 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

Raising them is quite easy and finding them is not as hard as people are making it out to be. We've had more than enough stock sitting there for when we're ready. You just need to make sure when you see one that you pick it up, go back to your base, tame it (1 x Cake) and then it sits there until you're ready. Once you chop one of them up you whack the remainder in the fridge, go find something else to tame that you've been holding out on and you've suddenly got x5 odd MAX (-1) level tames. Win Win.

Ah, I think part of why we think differently about how easy this is because you say pick it up and tame it (PVP or PVE unofficial) where I say tame it and pick it up (PVE official). Strangely, these sheep are a little harder to deal with in PVE than PVP. Picking them up before something kills them is half the battle with the sheep. Something like 1/4 of the ones I see are killed immediately by some carnivore right next to them.

Really, no reason they couldn't allow these to be picked up in PVE, but right now, that setting is all or nothing, so you can't pick up and wilds in PVE official.

2 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Really, no reason they couldn't allow these to be picked up in PVE, but right now, that setting is all or nothing, so you can't pick up and wilds in PVE official.

Ah I had no idea on that. That's really interesting. We definitely pick things up all the time and take them to taming pens where they're safe.

1 minute ago, Thalantyr said:

Ah I had no idea on that. That's really interesting. We definitely pick things up all the time and take them to taming pens where they're safe.

Ya, the game is just plan easier on unofficials. I used to play those, but got tired of how many mods most of them have installed and also that one day they are up and the next, wiped. I play official now, but it does have its downsides, like no picking up wilds for PVE. You can on PVP, but I don't have the time or desire to deal with all the downsides there. :D

Archived