Conan Thrives on the FeedBack that Ark Devs Ignored :)

Moradin

Since the beginning of Ark's Alpha Release, most of us have devoted much of their energy to pin point the things that Ark has to fix and/or Develop, and most of us gave such insightful FeedBack to the Devs of Ark, but to our Surprise, it always seemed that they Do NOT take us seriously, even when we did all this for FREE, and actually WE even Payed for the game, TWICE, not only that, the time we Spent on the Suggestions forums (originally on Steam forums for the game) we have not only been posting ideas/suggestions/improvement AND critical features that MUST be added, but also improving and refining the suggestions with all the given feedback, and some of us even created Major Posts to gather All of the Most needed Features, just to find that Ark Devs, dont quite care about any of it.

well now that Conan has jumped in, with a way Better "early alpha" building system/structures & UI among alot of other stuff we have been asking for here in Ark From DAY ONE, or that was promised to us and delayed till who-knows-when, we hope that the Devs will Finally Listen to our FeedBack, and actually Do Something about it.

EDIT: here are some of the major issues with the "Late Alpha" Ark:

This Game is focused mainly on wild life, Dinos and what not, taming and breeding, while little to nothing of the focus is given to the human character each player operates (ex: no bags to increase the carry-able weight, or carts to drag heavy weights around, or any kind of vehicle/transportation to travel/transport without the use of tamed creatures, a very small variety of Armors, early to med game armors look like crap, no matter how good the tools you have are; the gathering ratio of them is horribly unreliable, and outfits only affect weather tolerance and armor, except the Ghillie set which increases the player stealthiness, but they don’t affect other important aspects like Health, Speed, Weight or Damage), so expect to count heavily on tamed creatures to pretty much do anything you need.

{Optimization & Functionality} (i know that the optimization phase comes later, but its still a major issue, so here goes) the game requires a big space on your Drive, and half that space as free space, in order to reduce the errors that might occur during installing updates, though that wont eliminate the errors that will happen every now and then while updating the game in anycase, Moreover, the game runs Poorly on Medium to Low-end gaming PCs, making it almost impossible to enjoy the game or its graphics, which is pretty much the highest & Most developed aspect of the game -though that doesn't mean that the structures or early/mid armors and weapons look any good, they actually look quite.... classic and boring-, to run the game on max settings, you need to have not just any high end PC, but the Highest of the highest.

Personally, my work is graphic design so it requires a Decent Laptop to handle it, my laptop runs every game you could think of on high settings easily, but on Ark it barely runs a mixture of medium/Low settings, to work as smoothly as possible, and as high on settings as possible, yet Still Ark is the ONLY game that drives my laptop to blue-screen-of-death often enough, and I followed the best of guides on how to run Ark smoothly.

{UI & Character Customization} so you get in the game, find a server, and join in, then be taken to the Spawn Screen where you start getting the Feel of how Boring the UI looks, but never-the-less you are still excited about trying the game you just paid for, so you get into the character customization, playing around abit with, gives the feeling of how under-developed it currently is, with very limited options to look around, and honestly, the UI just is making it feel worse than it actually is, thats how boring the UI is, Devs talked about it, and a thread was open and pinned for it, but nothing has been changed about it till now.

{Tutorial & Story} there is no Tutorial in the game, or scenes, or a story to the game, even though the developers promised it almost right after the release of the Alpha game, but till now, its just bits and pieces of nothingness.

Moreover, the newly added Ruins (Design-wise) look like child's play or simply that they do not belong, compared to the atmospheric graphics of the game, obelisks, caves, and the player structures. 

The story is clearly improvised, and was not something planned for from the beginning, even though it was promised from the beginning, like they thought "oh we have Dossier, lets take them and put them on Notes for players to find" "oh we have hair styles, lets add some of those on some new notes aswell" "and while we are at it, lets spice it up abit with some unreadable notes, n mix it up with ancient civilizations' drawings"...... i can tell already that its gonna be a one, epic.... story.

{Spawn Points} if you start on an official Server, you are highly likely to spawn "inside" or "under" the base of someone, cause the developers did not see the need to put any restrictions on spawn points, due to the randomness of spawn points, nor any kind of spawn point protection for newbies, But if you spawned in an area abandoned by other players and structures, you are highly likely to die way more than you should, Cause every wild creature on the island would be so eager to introduce itself to you, to get to know how your insides taste like, since almost everything will kill you just by looking at you, and you cant do jack shiet about it, thanks to how weak and fragile humans are in the game, losing everything on you on each death, till you actually get to build a hut and add a bed to it.

{Item Details & Appearance}  the character and every Tool, Weapon, and Armor that gets crafted early to mid game, looks quite usual (Except the Desert Armor/outfit, it looks pretty neat), there is nothing fancy or stunning about them, and sadly the quality/rarity of an item does not have any effect on its appearance, so the highest rarity of an item sadly looks exactly as the lowest rarity of it, Moreover there are no Meshes till now of all the items, except poop & eggs, if you drop any item out of the inventory, it appears in the shape of a box, or a bag, depending on the quantity of the dropped items, which is kinda tolerable for an Early Access game, though one would think that this would have been resolved when the game is that far in development, anywho, checking the details on weapons and seeing (100%? 200%? 230%? - how is that remotely helpful? why not use solid numbers instead of just giving a percentage? Or even mixing Solid numbers with added percentage according to the rarity of the item??), where are the important and critical details in-game on weapons and tools?

Even though there are higher rarities/Qualities for each armor, tool and weapon, there is no given way to upgrade from one rarity/Quality to the higher one, and crafting the higher rarity/Quality does not even require the lower one, or a basic crafted one, or the engram itself, talk about a flawed system full of gaps.

{Building System & Structures} can’t say its bad, but can’t say its good either, For small builders, its gonna be good enough, but for big builders, its not, its hard to build something that looks good out of it, but not impossible, given the right amount of tolerance, patience, brains, time and effort.

There is no option to click and drag to place a horizontal or vertical set of walls/foundations/fences, it has to be done piece by piece, and the rotate option for structures was added mid-Alpha, though it doesn’t work quite well, leaving gaps between walls & such.

{Level up, progression, Attributes Categorization} one might wonder, how are they gonna pull it off? to make the character on an online survival game, progression dependent? well, instead of making it work, they made it almost useless, since crafting does not depend on level as long as you have the needed BluePrints.

you have built your little hut? Gratz! but before you think that you can run around and dominate the early creatures with no trouble, have a look at the level up system and the 1 point u get to put on a big horrible variety of Minor attributes -Health, Stamina, Oxygen, Food, Water, Weight, Melee Damage, Movement Speed, Fortitude and crafting speed-, Noticing how LITTLE improvement you get by spending a given point on any of the attributes, and how it almost makes no difference what so ever on how long u can last, then you would wonder to yourself (why?? whats wrong with the norm, that wildcard needed so badly to change it up? whats wrong with giving the Normal Major Attributes -Strength, Agility, Endurance and such- and letting them control the other minor ones?  instead of making the minor attributes become Major ones??).ex:

Vitality: Affects Health, "Defense: Resistance to Physical Damage" & "Health Regeneration"

Strength: Affects Melee Damage & Torpor

Agility: Affects Stamina, Movement Speed, Crafting Speed & "Stamina Regeneration"

Endurance: Affects Weight, Oxygen & "Resistance to Diseases & elemental damage"

Tolerance/Survivability: Affects Food, Water and Fortitude 

{Taming, Max Level Hunting & Creature stats} you realized that taming a creature is crucial to your survival, its not quite as fun without it, so u start on wondering which ridable creature you should Begin with taming, u figured it out after some digging into guides and Videos, and started your first tame, you knocked out a creature after abit of running here n there, n then u realized how fudged you are if just stay out in the wild next to that unconscious creature u r taming, if you are playing on PvE that is, and u would start wondering (how come there is no way to drag your unconscious creatures to your base), then u figure out that u just have to build around your unconscious dino, to secure the tame, and after u do so, u just wait around, doing nothing but force feeding it stuff, and then again think to yourself (man, this is quite boring as hell, if this was in my base, i could do some other stuff while taming it, and not just stay there in some sort of a trap that i built, bored to death till the unconscious creature gets tamed).

Taming max level early to mid game creatures takes an average of 1.30hour, with its kibble (favorite food) and 3 hours at least if you don’t have its kibble, and taming max level end game creatures, with their kibble, does not take less than 3 hours, and at least 6 hours if you don’t have the kibble aswell, so expect a lot of waiting hours out in the wild till your creature is tamed, doing almost nothing in game other than feeding it every now and then till its tamed.

Hunting for max level creatures can often prove to be very time consuming and unrewarding, thus frustrating, usually when I went on a hunt for a few max level creatures, it rarely ever took me less than 2 hours flying around and checking every wild one of those creatures, till I get my hands on one, I never keep on looking for more than 2 hours, if its takes longer, I take a break then continue looking later, and 50% of the hunts took more than a week to find the max levels im looking for, since there are no Hive-like places for each creature, or a certain place with guaranteed max level creatures.

And now that I finally got my hands on one of the Max level creatures on my list, I go in its inv and check the stats of it, just to often find that its majorly leveled up attribute is the most useless for its kind, like when you get a poop load of level-ups on the Oxygen stat for a mountain creature that rarely ever gets close to water, knowing that Oxygen is how long you can last underwater, which then makes that whole hunt a big waste of time.

If you feed the tame its favorite kibble, it doesn’t only tame faster than the ridiculously long normal taming periods, but it also secures a good amount of bonus levels that will be spent on the creature when its fully tamed, known as taming effectiveness, so one would think it’s a great addition to compensate for the randomness of the wild creature stats, but to our surprise it usually isn’t, and instead of letting the hunter distribute the bonus levels according to their wish as a reward, it automatically get distributed as soon as the creature is tamed, which more-or-less proves to be another big waste of level points, and hunting time.

{Survival?} oh you got your first tamed pet and got a saddle on it? now u can climb up the chain of food quite easily, thats if you find the extremely boring taming system acceptable, noticing how the earliest ridable creature can survive everything at least 10 times better than you can, and as long as you are not on foot, you probably wont ever die again in the game, unless you jumped off a cliff or got glitched in a cave or fell in an unescapable hole in the ground, Congratz, you-have-survived.

The most common deaths in mid/end game are from one or a combination of: Disconnection/Lag Spike/Screen Freeze. 

{Cooking & Recipes} cooking recipes can be found by looting the corpses of killed creatures, however, it always seems rather useless, since these recipes can not be learned (and then automatically be found in the cooking pot/industrial), and are not needed to actually cook the recipe, since one can cook any desired output, without having to have the recipe needed for it, unless it’s a custom made recipe, which is another system that rarely is used (according to those whom I know on the servers I play(ed) on, and to my self), specially since there usually is no point in creating a custom recipe, and eventually one will end up checking the wiki for whatever recipe that they need to cook, in order to get the ingredients of it to cook it.

Why even bother investing time in developing the recipes that can be looted off dead creatures, when it can not be learned and are usually thrown away -due to how uncrucial they are-!

{Engram & Blueprint System} an Engram system that often is rendered useless thanks to the Blueprint system that overrides it and acts totally independently from it, and is better than it in almost every possible way, the lowest BP is better than the limited & progress earned Engrams, and you can craft Any BP u want without having to have the Engram Prerequisite of it, and there is No Given way for one to Evolve the rarity of the Learned Engrams, not by how often the engram has been crafted, nor by spending more engram points into it, Moreover Blueprint rarity grades are so random in stats, to the point that often enough a lower rarity Blueprint would be better than 1-2 higher rarities that are way harder to find, even though the higher the rarity of the Blueprint grade is, the much higher amount of materials it would require to craft it, and as in end game Blueprint grade quality, you will get used to hear about Blueprints that are Impossible to craft, cause there is no crafting table that have enough slots to carry all the materials required to craft it, which goes without saying, an INSANE amount of materials, as if it was not challenging enough to actually acquire the highest rarity Blueprints, Ascendant.

{Caving and Loot Crates} the caves are shared with the entire server on one instance, meaning that if a player or a tribe clears out a cave, all other tribes and players would have to wait till everything in the cave has respawned/Reset, which can get quite annoying, but what makes it tolerable is that the loot crates of caves usually are not worth caving for, and the main reason players currently do caves for is to collect the artifacts, one might have thought that a red loot crate (highest) would guarantee high quality loot, specially that you had to do a cave for it, but no, it can give as bad of a loot as you can get on the lowest loot crate, when it comes to cave loot crates and Blueprints in general, its always random as fudge with no limitation whatsoever, to how good or bad it could be, moreover the upper south cave has a narrow path that often randomly teleports players out of the cave and not even to the cave entrance, and the teleportation under the artifact of the Central cave, is totally out of order, I used it one time, and it ended up killing me and my previously max tamed favorite Direwolf.

{Events - Supply Beacons} the most horrible Christmas events and Supply loot Crates that are made for the pleasure of Alpha Tribes and Ninja looters, and most of those whom I know on official servers do Not take part in the Christmas event, including me, since it only enrages anyone who is not a ninja looter, and the Developers seem to be pretty happy with it, and are not doing anything about it, kudos to those of them who thought that a good way to celebrate Christmas is to throw gifts out in the wild with occasional good loot, and make the players fight to get it, in PVP with dinos and guns, and in PvE with cursing and pillar wars.

The Majority of the players only get some cosmetics out of the events on Ark, if any, like “appearance only” hats and skeletal dino skins, which might be alright for some at first, but repeating it as if it was a good idea to begin with, is not alright. How about making the Events More Festive? and Less Competitive? At least on PvE servers where you can't kill those who need killing, and you can't play PvP due to the awful lags and rubber-banding. 

And the supply Beacons/Deep sea loot crates were a total disaster from day one, whats wrong with them you might ask? Umm lets see

- they can be opened by more than one player at the same time & every player sees the same exact loot.

- if there are 3 items inside, and one of them is good, a player can take the good item, leaving the crap two other items behind, without the supply crate disappearing after an item has been looted and its inv has been closed.

- one can loot 2/3 of the items inside a loot crate, then Put a useless Item INTO the supply crate before taking the 3rd item and closing the inv of the crate, making the supply crate stand there, even when it has been fully looted except for one item that has been placed in it.

- there is no cooldown for a player after receiving loot from a crate, so everyone can practically run from one loot crate to the other, and it all becomes a game of rush and ninja loot then repeat, that’s if the loot is worth it.

so instead of fixing the issues with supply drops, they nerfed their loot, so no one would care, and no one would fight over it - another feature made useless.

{Fishing & Mating} when you start fishing, the fish gets super hyped and often enough run out of the range of the bait instead of staying close to it or running in circles around it, almost same happens when you set a female and male of any creature on wander to mate, (if you don’t use whistles or cage them), they often run out of mating range, instead of moving towards eachother, and how shall I say this to the devs, umm, this is not how babies are made?

Its great that they added fishing into the game, and made it almost the Most rewarding system in the game, then they nerfed it to hell, and made it almost impossible to find a good fishing rod, and no way to upgrade the bad rods.

They made chairs, and realized they are useless, so they thought it would be a good idea to make it a must to sit down on a chair in order to start fishing? Whoever thought this is a good idea, should clearly be fired, I mean, what the hell, if you want to make chairs useful, u could make it regenerate health/stamina faster, not make it a must for fishing.

Moreover, they added different kinds of fish, but not different kind of bait for each kind of fish, nor did they utilize the cooking in making different kinds of bait for different SIZEs of fish, to guarantee the Size of fish that would get attracted to your bait, unless you kill every other fish except the one u need, which cant be kept up with if a player is playing solo.

Catching a fish that is as big as the player or twice as big, with a fishing rod? Are you for real? Instead of adding a fishing boat, or some kind of a custom made/premade structure that can be built on rafts, which would reduce the difficulty of catching small to medium sized fish, and make it possible to catch large fish?

{Roars & gunshot noise} yeah its amazing that some creatures can roar, Though, the Roar sound is weak, and more importantly, its not done by wild creatures nor does it have any effect on the surrounding creatures what-so-ever, as well as gunshot noise.

One would think that a Rex’s Roar would boost the stats of surrounding allied creatures, and send the enemy & weaker creatures fleeing in terror, but no, in the game it does nothing, no buffs or debuffs, and same goes for every other roar.

One would also expect that a gunshot would trigger the fight-or-flight mechanism of the surrounding wild creatures, so those that fight when aggro-ed will rush to fight the shooter, and those that flee when aggo-ed would actually just starting running away.

Drums and musical instruments can NOT be Auto-Played Nor Do they have any effect on allies, like running speed & crafting speed, and for incubation and babies it would boost growth speed and add imprinting %, so why even Add them in the game if they are just gonna be another Useless Feature? and why not make the Useless Features... Useful? 

Oh you have read all this? Thank you for your time! And sorry for the long post! ^.^

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Moradin said:

Since the beginning of Ark's Alpha Release, most of us have devoted much of their energy to pin point the things that Ark has to fix and/or Develop, and most of us gave such insightful FeedBack to the Devs of Ark, but to our Surprise, it always seemed that they Do NOT take us seriously, even when we did all this for FREE, and actually WE even Payed for the game, TWICE, not only that, the time we Spent on the Suggestions forums (originally on Steam forums for the game) we have not only been posting ideas/suggestions/improvement AND critical features that MUST be added, but also improving and refining the suggestions with all the given feedback, and some of us even created Major Posts to gather All of the Most needed Features, just to find that Ark Devs, dont quite care about any of it.

well now that Conan has jumped in, with a way Better UI among alot of other stuff we have been asking for here in Ark From DAY ONE, we hope that the Devs will Finally Listen to our FeedBack, and actually Do Something about it.

It's rather dishonest of you to say that, considering that player feedback is what prompted Wildcard to create SOTF, player feedback is what implemented diseases (of which we presently only have swamp fever), player feedback is what gave players the terrorbird, basilosaurus, and several other creatures, player feedback is what gave the various weather phenomena found on scorched, alliances,  and so on and so forth.

In summation, Wildcard does indeed listen to feedback. Just because you nitpick and gloss over the ones that they do, does not mean that feedback falls on deaf ears.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

It's rather dishonest of you to say that, considering that player feedback is what prompted Wildcard to create SOTF, player feedback is what implemented diseases (of which we presently only have swamp fever), player feedback is what gave players the terrorbird, basilosaurus, and several other creatures, player feedback is what gave the various weather phenomena found on scorched, alliances,  and so on and so forth.

In summation, Wildcard does indeed listen to feedback. Just because you nitpick and gloss over the ones that they do, does not mean that feedback falls on deaf ears.

not Dishonest when the feedback WildCard listens to is less 10% of the entire "Most Requested Features", and they often enough pick the least important of the "Most Requested Features" to implement, i have personally seen it all first hand, cause Previously the time i spent on the Suggestion and feedback Forums was more or Equal to the time i played the game.

and personally i like that some of the npcs that you can talk to that tell you about the world around you and if they even read this form because i swear the only read half of the forms but they need to add npcs that tell you about the island and then you have the question and if people are righting these dossier were are they and what about the villages the dossier  talk about because i am not seeing any of those around. this is what Conan did right 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Moradin said:

not Dishonest when the feedback WildCard listens to is less 10% of the entire "Most Requested Features", and they often enough pick the least important of the "Most Requested Features" to implement, i have personally seen it all first hand, cause Previously the time i spent on the Suggestion and feedback Forums was more or Equal to the time i played the game.

The problem with this is you're acting like some grand arbiter that decides what features should and shouldn't be prioritized in a game that someone else is developing. I mean, you're complaining about having "a better ui" when it's been stated several times that due to things being in the alpha phase, the UI serves as a placeholder.

Make your suggestions, but ultimately (as has been stated in a previous interview), Wildcard decides which suggestions to implement based on criteria that they use, like if a feature makes use of a  mechanic that isn't in the game yet, how feasible it is with the game engine, how quick it can be developed, etc. etc.

1 hour ago, dinoboy00 said:

and personally i like that some of the npcs that you can talk to that tell you about the world around you and if they even read this form because i swear the only read half of the forms but they need to add npcs that tell you about the island and then you have the question and if people are righting these dossier were are they and what about the villages the dossier  talk about because i am not seeing any of those around. this is what Conan did right 

yeah one of the many things Conan Did right, a good story Feel from the beginning, and i believe that by time, Conan is gonna have the community Ark has, if not More, and most of their players would have came from Ark, Conan is finally a Game that stands up to Ark in its own genre, and hopefully the competition between them would benefit them both.

the UI

the Building system

the Story

few of many things conan Did right, even when its JUST starting, and ALSO an Alpha phase game, those things have been asked for by many of ARK's players, which has been ignored by the Devs often enough. 

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

The problem with this is you're acting like some grand arbiter that decides what features should and shouldn't be prioritized in a game that someone else is developing. I mean, you're complaining about having "a better ui" when it's been stated several times that due to things being in the alpha phase, the UI serves as a placeholder.

Make your suggestions, but ultimately (as has been stated in a previous interview), Wildcard decides which suggestions to implement based on criteria that they use, like if a feature makes use of a  mechanic that isn't in the game yet, how feasible it is with the game engine, how quick it can be developed, etc. etc.

yeah we have heard all the reasoning of WildCard, it became common sense to most to not waste our time or efforts into suggestions or feedback, and im not a grand arbiter nor i intend to be one, im just quite experienced when it comes to feedback and suggestions to WildCard, like many other players in the community with more than 2000 h of play time.

like when WildCard announces that there will be a patch in 1 hour, then players know for sure that its gonna be delayed at least 2 or 3 times till it actually happens.

like when WildCard writes down the new coming patch content, then players know for sure that they will do one of two things, delay the entire patch when it hits deadline, or shift all of the "most wanted content of the patch" till next patch or till who-knows-when.

like when a new patch is applied, even though they have their own testers, we know for sure that its gonna be flawed and will need a dozen fixes over a week, even if the announced patch content barely includes anything more than a few more creatures with more-or-less the same "quite smart" AI.

these are common sense topics for anyone who has been there since the release of Alpha Ark.

and what bothers me personally that most of the "most requested features" "in the major threads on the suggestion & feedback forums here and on steam" are made already As mods, by people who got fed up of waiting for the Ark Devs to listen to them, which still doesnt solve the problem on the neglected official servers, and which proves that those features are easily doable with the current Devkit, its just that the devs dont want to apply it, no matter how often it has been requested by the official servers' players, for whatever reason they have, wish still displeases the community.

anywho, i hope that Conan plays out a good competition to Ark, in hopes for Ark Devs to Apply some more of the most needed Features and give less attention to adding more creatures to our Ark Zoo, which makes Ark more of an Animal Farm and Less of Survival.

• Volunteer Moderator

first off, lets keep it reasonable here--no mud slinging, name calling stuffz mmtay?

15 hours ago, Moradin said:

the Story

on this subject one has to realize that the "story" of Conan has been around since 1932, written by Robert E. Howard. there have been hundreds of Conan stories told, there is already established lore, etc. this means there is alot to "borrow from" for another Conan story. i plan on buying Conan this weekend, so after i have 100 or so hours in i will have a reasonably informed opinion.

Just because the devs don't implement every single suggestion (or even most of the suggestions) that players are making, doesn't mean that they aren't listening.  The devs know what general direction they want the game to go.  I'm sure they have their reasons for not implementing certain suggestions, be it issues with coding or otherwise, but to say that they are ignoring the players is complete BS.  There have been quite a few suggestions that players have made that have made it into the game. They can't possibly add every suggestion, or it would be complete chaos.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, Moradin said:

well now that Conan has jumped in, with a way Better UI among alot of other stuff we have been asking for here in Ark From DAY ONE, we hope that the Devs will Finally Listen to our FeedBack, and actually Do Something about it.

I read your post, twice, but I don't see anything about Conan thriving? In fact you mention Conan once right at the end.

Quite often new games like Conan will potentially thrive because it is new. Hell i've even bought Conan myself to play, but for no reason to do with ARK. It's not very logical to state Conan thrives on the feedback that ARK ignored. To be fair Conan is not thriving right now. It had a much worse launch than ARK did, I mean did you see how the AI in Conan was teleporting from spot to spot when you chase it, or when you attack the AI it sits there and takes its punishment until its dead. Very poor start.

They've pushed out fixes for it, i'm sure there will be issues they won't be able to fix any time soon too. Just like ARK have pushed out fixes for many issues, but some issues can get fixes out for whatever reason.

Stating another game that has been out in EA for less than one week is going to thrive on feedback that ARK has ignored is really not making sense.

So a game came out with better UI, wow. ARKs UI will improve, they are working on it. But if I was to compare ARKs current UI against Conans buggy AI then ARK wins hands down. Note I didn't compare the UI against the UI because it makes as much sense as you comparing a 1 week old game to another established game and at the same time ignoring the extremely poor launch that Conan had that caused it to get Mixed reviews from day one.

RE Conan Exiles
While I like the building aspect MUCH more than how it works in Ark, I find the gameplay to be lacking in what I'd like.  Ark does a much better job here in my opinion.  At least in my watching of gameplay of Conan Exiles as it's not yet on Xbox for me to play it.

RE Game Suggestions
I agree and I don't.  While they've made a few threads and have gotten feedback it does seem like at times that the forums here don't get as much attention.  In fact at least one response from someone at WildCard basically said they (the individual) didn't read the suggestions here which I found surprising when exactly the feedback they were looking for has already been put out there here on the forums.  [EDIT: To clarify/amend my statement here.  They will however look at threads in the suggestions when they are pointed out to them elsewhere.] It did also seem like reddit and steam got a lot more attention in this regard as far as WildCard employees giving feedback on suggestions and implementing those suggestions.  Perhaps those are easier to respond to for them and that's why.  But I REALLY hope that they write down these suggestions here on the forums and discuss them as there are some great (and not so great I will admit on my part) suggestions for how to improve the game.

RE Responses to Bugs/Issues
Here it's hit or miss.  I've seen Stark/Rob respond to PC issues, but I haven't seen too much here from other devs/testers etc and I cannot recall any for the Xbox issues/bugs.  I'm really even uncertain as to whether someone from WildCard looks at the issues and triages them.  I REALLY hope they do.  Many a time I've only seen response when I or someone else directly mentioned them to WildCard folks and pointed out the threads here.  I'm going to sound like a broken record, but an external bug tracking system would help out the customers and employees much more as they would both be able to better track them and their status.

I will admit I've recently been a bit disheartened with some of the communication and I'm probably taking it all a bit too personally.  They're a VERY small team from what I've seen and VERY busy with getting the game and fixes and features out to us.  In fact I'm surprised given the number that I think I see that it's works as well as it does, not a disrespectful comment here more that they've been as successful as they have given the limited resources.  Which is also a reason I'm happy they outsourced the development on the PS4 to another company.  Not only do they have more people working on it, they also have a new set of eyes on the code and design which helps all the more.

The sense of frustration from users here, me included, is that at times it feels like we're not heard.  I know that's a false expectation on my part given what I said about earlier about limited time and people.  It also drives from the fact that we LOVE this game, probably a bit too much at times for myself.  LOL

Finally, don't get me wrong, I really love this game, want it to succeed, want the developers and WildCard to have success which means us players get a better game.  This is just me venting a frustration and giving a bit of constructive, I hope, feedback.  From what I can can tell the WildCard employees I've talked to directly are a great bunch of folks who really do care about what we think and listen to the feedback, it's just at times it doesn't seem like that's true and we get frustrated.

Wow, enough of me rambling on.  Sorry about that.  Didn't mean for it to be this long as I'm usually one who doesn't say much.  LOL

All the best.

44 minutes ago, Casanova said:

I'm guessing the OP missed the huge thread in which we asked the community to give us feedback on the UI, as we are building a new one.

nope, i have actually been there, though by the time it was created, i was already fed up with giving feedback and/or suggestions, specially after the major Pinned thread that gathers the most needed/requested features on steam has died.

and on those requested features, most of their threads are detailed as much as possible and/or needed, so you pretty much would find anything you would need on there, without creating entire new major threads to gather opinions on something that hasnt been created yet, which can be considered as a way to stall.

36 minutes ago, Kreatyve said:

Just because the devs don't implement every single suggestion (or even most of the suggestions) that players are making, doesn't mean that they aren't listening.  The devs know what general direction they want the game to go.  I'm sure they have their reasons for not implementing certain suggestions, be it issues with coding or otherwise, but to say that they are ignoring the players is complete BS.  There have been quite a few suggestions that players have made that have made it into the game. They can't possibly add every suggestion, or it would be complete chaos.

agreed to the point that it cant be that "all suggestions" are added, but it can be that most of the "Most requested features" are added, there is a big filtering difference between those two.

and as for saying "The devs know what general direction they want the game to go.  I'm sure they have their reasons for not implementing certain suggestions, be it issues with coding or otherwise", we all have been thinking like that for the first few months when the game was out, but by each passing month we got more n more frustrated, back when they had a big patch every week, and on each of these patches, one or two new creatures get added, with a few minor fixes, and thats it, none of the Most requested features get applied, and nothing Major gets added "that the players were looking forward to", thats when it became common knowledge to all of the Ark players i have ever talked to in game, or on suggestion forums, that the Devs just don't care about our feedback.

checking some of the most requested features i do find that they have actually been applied, and thats rather remarkable, though though the time it took to apply those few things, quite killed the anticipation joy of having them.

like they added Jousting with a lance, while saying about many other good features that it would better be left for modding?.. yeah but a lance is very important and should not be left to Mods..

thats exactly what we have been long waiting for on official servers, a Lance! no we dont need structure placement improvements, we dont need more critical details on items, specially weapons and armors, we can handle well seeing a weapon that does 259% damage, u know, cause thats all what we need to know, when u hold a club with 259% u know that u can knock out a Rex with 1 smack to the head, and no there is no need to give a more detailed Weight system that shows when ur weight starts slowing u down and by how much, no no, all these are un-important and un-needed features, that would definitely Alter the course of the game, who wants them, a lance is a time well spent on development than all of these useless stuff -ofc among many other more important fixes n improvements that i didnt even mention, like optimization n such-, im just laying down some examples.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

I read your post, twice, but I don't see anything about Conan thriving? In fact you mention Conan once right at the end.

Quite often new games like Conan will potentially thrive because it is new. Hell i've even bought Conan myself to play, but for no reason to do with ARK. It's not very logical to state Conan thrives on the feedback that ARK ignored. To be fair Conan is not thriving right now. It had a much worse launch than ARK did, I mean did you see how the AI in Conan was teleporting from spot to spot when you chase it, or when you attack the AI it sits there and takes its punishment until its dead. Very poor start.

They've pushed out fixes for it, i'm sure there will be issues they won't be able to fix any time soon too. Just like ARK have pushed out fixes for many issues, but some issues can get fixes out for whatever reason.

Stating another game that has been out in EA for less than one week is going to thrive on feedback that ARK has ignored is really not making sense.

So a game came out with better UI, wow. ARKs UI will improve, they are working on it. But if I was to compare ARKs current UI against Conans buggy AI then ARK wins hands down. Note I didn't compare the UI against the UI because it makes as much sense as you comparing a 1 week old game to another established game and at the same time ignoring the extremely poor launch that Conan had that caused it to get Mixed reviews from day one.

do they have an extremely poor launch? indeed they do

can i say that Conan is better than Ark? hell no, that's as you stated, the most illogical thing one could do is to compare the "state" of a just released alpha phase game, to a an almost out of Alpha phase game.

does Conan has Features that were long asked for in Ark? Hell yea, even though it is "just starting"

is Conan starting worse than Ark did? oh well, "more-or-less" would be a quite good answer to that, cause even though Ark didnt quite have AI issues "that bad" it had alot of other issues with other stuff, and ------> till now <----- people still fall in ground holes and get stuck in a falling phase with no stamina or food or water drop down, and cant eat anything cause "stuck in a falling phase", so no suicide option, and then u get left with only 1 hope out of this, report and wait till u get a reply from support and hopefully after a decent amount of waiting hours, u would get unglitched and out of that hole, but does that solve the root of the problem? NO, people still fall and get stuck.

one would have thought that a game this well established wouldn't be suffering from issues such as these any longer.

when im looking at the features of Conan there is one sentence that keeps repeating in my mind, "Oh Man! sweet! i wish Ark had this!..." 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Moradin said:

when im looking at the features of Conan there is one sentence that keeps repeating in my mind, "Oh Man! sweet! i wish Ark had this!..." 

There's tons of content and features in games that I wish other games would have. If every game had the same features and content then there would be nothing that sets them apart.

So Conan has some features that ARK players have long wanted and Conan has it from day 1, still doesn't mean that is bad for ARK, because that is one feature. Conan doesn't have everything else that goes with ARK.

15 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

There's tons of content and features in games that I wish other games would have. If every game had the same features and content then there would be nothing that sets them apart.

So Conan has some features that ARK players have long wanted and Conan has it from day 1, still doesn't mean that is bad for ARK, because that is one feature. Conan doesn't have everything else that goes with ARK.

well that is one big point of Alpha Phase, isnt it? i mean, aside from getting feedback on your current plans of the game as a developer, also get to know what your community needs to see in the game, in order to enhance the experience of the game, and make it more entertaining and fulfilling to the current and new players to come, listening to the community and giving something back, anything back, is major in an Alpha phase.

1. From day one, we asked for a story feel to the game, not just a wake up on a beach with a weird thing on the left arm and out of nowhere there are those 3 obelisks floating in midair, along with supply crates falling down, it is well designed graphic-wise, but as the game goes on it becomes infuriating that there is no story to back it all up, and till now, we do not have a story feel to the game, more-so, it feels that we are far from ever having one, and adding random notes by other survivors only makes it worse, and by time it feels that there is no plan for it what-so-ever, and that Wildcard only makes things up as they go, but they dont have something specific planned to begin with.

2. an Engram system that often is rendered useless thanks to the Blueprint system that overrides it and acts totally independently from it, and is better than it in almost every possible way, the lowest ramshackle BP is better than the hard earned Engrams, and you can craft Any BP u want without having to have the Engram Prerequisite of it, and there is No Given way for one to Evolve the rarity of the Learned Engrams, not by how often the engram has been crafted, nor by spending more engram points into it, which once again shows often enough that WildCard dont seem to know what they are doing, with all do Respect.

3. no items meshes, bad item Details (100%? 200%? 230%? - how is that remotely helpful? why not use solid numbers than giving a percentage?), bad attribute details  (No details are give on Attributes when you hover over them), and why separate the Food attribute from the Water Attribute when leveling up? what Sense does that make?) yeah i get it, Wildcard wants to be different, but there is a good different and a bad different, and this definitely is a Bad Different.

4. we asked for an option to Auto Sort Inventories, to Auto fill Stacks instead of having to do it manually, over and over and over, and since WildCard loves listening to what we need but then apply it in such a "Different" way, Different enough to take a good idea and make it horribly Useless and unfulfilling to the purpose it was asked for, they gave us something quite useless instead, does not auto sort items in a permanent manner, nor does it Auto Rearrange and Fill Stacks.

i could go on forever, these are just few examples once again, and this is one of the reasons why major suggestion threads have died, and those things if fixed and made in a proper way, are Highly unlikely to affect or alter the direction of the game, these are quite "Basic" stuff. 

thank you for your time.

FYI i got Banned on the Ark's Steam Forums for no acceptable reason, other than some Ark Fan boys reporting me, the Ban was a day, never-the-less it was a Ban.

i do know the reason though i do also see it as a bad joke and/or an excuse to ban me for no real reason.

for writing +1 while quoting what others said to show my support, and i do see this all over every forum, and never once was anyone banned for it, it has also been used by someone posting in my thread for this topic, but he wasnt supporting me, he was supporting someone who doesnt agree with me, and did he get a ban for that? no, he did not.

• Volunteer Moderator

Alright, real talk here. Above all else, the duty that we moderators have is to the community. If you got a one day ban (as steam does not really do posting restrictions like these forums do), then it's because people of the community have reported you. If that said people proves to not just be a lone entity, then clearly that means you are not good for the community. Just like how a tumor is not good for the body, you get excised from the community. It can only be for a few days though if your negative impact proves malignant, then more permanent measures are taken.

I mean, we get it. You love Conan. But rather than play on their official servers (if they found a new host for them by now) or playing with pirates on private ones (because these better than Wildcard devs forgot to include their DRM tech in one of their updates), you're sitting here soapboxing and trying to make a dead horse out of this. I mean, is it really that hard to grasp that two different development teams handle things differently? Human beings aren't a hivemind y'know.

23 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Alright, real talk here. Above all else, the duty that we moderators have is to the community. If you got a one day ban (as steam does not really do posting restrictions like these forums do), then it's because people of the community have reported you. If that said people proves to not just be a lone entity, then clearly that means you are not good for the community. Just like how a tumor is not good for the body, you get excised from the community. It can only be for a few days though if your negative impact proves malignant, then more permanent measures are taken.

I mean, we get it. You love Conan. But rather than play on their official servers (if they found a new host for them by now) or playing with pirates on private ones (because these better than Wildcard devs forgot to include their DRM tech in one of their updates), you're sitting here soapboxing and trying to make a dead horse out of this. I mean, is it really that hard to grasp that two different development teams handle things differently? Human beings aren't a hivemind y'know.

and i thought for a moment that we achieved something here, my bad, for the record it was never about me loving conan, it was about me giving feedback once and for all to Ark, about how much i would love for them to enhance the quality of the gaming experience we have, not by adding content that was never there, but rather by improving content that we already had, as mentioned above.

to be banned just cause Ark's fan boys are easily offended when they are faced with the opposite opinion to theirs, is still no excuse, and thats the kind of cancer that should be looked into, not the other way around, Never-the-less, thanks for your time, and Goodluck.

Archived