Moradin

Conan Thrives on the FeedBack that Ark Devs Ignored :)

51 posts in this topic

Since the beginning of Ark's Alpha Release, most of us have devoted much of their energy to pin point the things that Ark has to fix and/or Develop, and most of us gave such insightful FeedBack to the Devs of Ark, but to our Surprise, it always seemed that they Do NOT take us seriously, even when we did all this for FREE, and actually WE even Payed for the game, TWICE, not only that, the time we Spent on the Suggestions forums (originally on Steam forums for the game) we have not only been posting ideas/suggestions/improvement AND critical features that MUST be added, but also improving and refining the suggestions with all the given feedback, and some of us even created Major Posts to gather All of the Most needed Features, just to find that Ark Devs, dont quite care about any of it.

well now that Conan has jumped in, with a way Better UI among alot of other stuff we have been asking for here in Ark From DAY ONE, we hope that the Devs will Finally Listen to our FeedBack, and actually Do Something about it.

Edited by Moradin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Moradin said:

Since the beginning of Ark's Alpha Release, most of us have devoted much of their energy to pin point the things that Ark has to fix and/or Develop, and most of us gave such insightful FeedBack to the Devs of Ark, but to our Surprise, it always seemed that they Do NOT take us seriously, even when we did all this for FREE, and actually WE even Payed for the game, TWICE, not only that, the time we Spent on the Suggestions forums (originally on Steam forums for the game) we have not only been posting ideas/suggestions/improvement AND critical features that MUST be added, but also improving and refining the suggestions with all the given feedback, and some of us even created Major Posts to gather All of the Most needed Features, just to find that Ark Devs, dont quite care about any of it.

well now that Conan has jumped in, with a way Better UI among alot of other stuff we have been asking for here in Ark From DAY ONE, we hope that the Devs will Finally Listen to our FeedBack, and actually Do Something about it.

It's rather dishonest of you to say that, considering that player feedback is what prompted Wildcard to create SOTF, player feedback is what implemented diseases (of which we presently only have swamp fever), player feedback is what gave players the terrorbird, basilosaurus, and several other creatures, player feedback is what gave the various weather phenomena found on scorched, alliances,  and so on and so forth.

In summation, Wildcard does indeed listen to feedback. Just because you nitpick and gloss over the ones that they do, does not mean that feedback falls on deaf ears.

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

It's rather dishonest of you to say that, considering that player feedback is what prompted Wildcard to create SOTF, player feedback is what implemented diseases (of which we presently only have swamp fever), player feedback is what gave players the terrorbird, basilosaurus, and several other creatures, player feedback is what gave the various weather phenomena found on scorched, alliances,  and so on and so forth.

In summation, Wildcard does indeed listen to feedback. Just because you nitpick and gloss over the ones that they do, does not mean that feedback falls on deaf ears.

 

not Dishonest when the feedback WildCard listens to is less 10% of the entire "Most Requested Features", and they often enough pick the least important of the "Most Requested Features" to implement, i have personally seen it all first hand, cause Previously the time i spent on the Suggestion and feedback Forums was more or Equal to the time i played the game.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conan did a lot of different but i would say the same stuff as ark like building "taming" system for thralls and a a better engram system but they definitely don't have the community like ark dose but in time the devs will fix things

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and personally i like that some of the npcs that you can talk to that tell you about the world around you and if they even read this form because i swear the only read half of the forms but they need to add npcs that tell you about the island and then you have the question and if people are righting these dossier were are they and what about the villages the dossier  talk about because i am not seeing any of those around. this is what Conan did right 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moradin said:

not Dishonest when the feedback WildCard listens to is less 10% of the entire "Most Requested Features", and they often enough pick the least important of the "Most Requested Features" to implement, i have personally seen it all first hand, cause Previously the time i spent on the Suggestion and feedback Forums was more or Equal to the time i played the game.

The problem with this is you're acting like some grand arbiter that decides what features should and shouldn't be prioritized in a game that someone else is developing. I mean, you're complaining about having "a better ui" when it's been stated several times that due to things being in the alpha phase, the UI serves as a placeholder.

Make your suggestions, but ultimately (as has been stated in a previous interview), Wildcard decides which suggestions to implement based on criteria that they use, like if a feature makes use of a  mechanic that isn't in the game yet, how feasible it is with the game engine, how quick it can be developed, etc. etc.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dinoboy00 said:

and personally i like that some of the npcs that you can talk to that tell you about the world around you and if they even read this form because i swear the only read half of the forms but they need to add npcs that tell you about the island and then you have the question and if people are righting these dossier were are they and what about the villages the dossier  talk about because i am not seeing any of those around. this is what Conan did right 

yeah one of the many things Conan Did right, a good story Feel from the beginning, and i believe that by time, Conan is gonna have the community Ark has, if not More, and most of their players would have came from Ark, Conan is finally a Game that stands up to Ark in its own genre, and hopefully the competition between them would benefit them both.

the UI

the Building system

the Story

few of many things conan Did right, even when its JUST starting, and ALSO an Alpha phase game, those things have been asked for by many of ARK's players, which has been ignored by the Devs often enough. 

Edited by Moradin
Typo
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

The problem with this is you're acting like some grand arbiter that decides what features should and shouldn't be prioritized in a game that someone else is developing. I mean, you're complaining about having "a better ui" when it's been stated several times that due to things being in the alpha phase, the UI serves as a placeholder.

Make your suggestions, but ultimately (as has been stated in a previous interview), Wildcard decides which suggestions to implement based on criteria that they use, like if a feature makes use of a  mechanic that isn't in the game yet, how feasible it is with the game engine, how quick it can be developed, etc. etc.

yeah we have heard all the reasoning of WildCard, it became common sense to most to not waste our time or efforts into suggestions or feedback, and im not a grand arbiter nor i intend to be one, im just quite experienced when it comes to feedback and suggestions to WildCard, like many other players in the community with more than 2000 h of play time.

like when WildCard announces that there will be a patch in 1 hour, then players know for sure that its gonna be delayed at least 2 or 3 times till it actually happens.

like when WildCard writes down the new coming patch content, then players know for sure that they will do one of two things, delay the entire patch when it hits deadline, or shift all of the "most wanted content of the patch" till next patch or till who-knows-when.

like when a new patch is applied, even though they have their own testers, we know for sure that its gonna be flawed and will need a dozen fixes over a week, even if the announced patch content barely includes anything more than a few more creatures with more-or-less the same "quite smart" AI.

these are common sense topics for anyone who has been there since the release of Alpha Ark.

and what bothers me personally that most of the "most requested features" "in the major threads on the suggestion & feedback forums here and on steam" are made already As mods, by people who got fed up of waiting for the Ark Devs to listen to them, which still doesnt solve the problem on the neglected official servers, and which proves that those features are easily doable with the current Devkit, its just that the devs dont want to apply it, no matter how often it has been requested by the official servers' players, for whatever reason they have, wish still displeases the community.

anywho, i hope that Conan plays out a good competition to Ark, in hopes for Ark Devs to Apply some more of the most needed Features and give less attention to adding more creatures to our Ark Zoo, which makes Ark more of an Animal Farm and Less of Survival.

 

Edited by Moradin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good go play conan and get your sour puss attitude out our way of enjoying Ark :) Also... Conan is a completely different game, there is no real basis of comparison. You are just a self entitled little squat ;D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first off, lets keep it reasonable here--no mud slinging, name calling stuffz mmtay?

15 hours ago, Moradin said:

the Story

on this subject one has to realize that the "story" of Conan has been around since 1932, written by Robert E. Howard. there have been hundreds of Conan stories told, there is already established lore, etc. this means there is alot to "borrow from" for another Conan story. i plan on buying Conan this weekend, so after i have 100 or so hours in i will have a reasonably informed opinion.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because the devs don't implement every single suggestion (or even most of the suggestions) that players are making, doesn't mean that they aren't listening.  The devs know what general direction they want the game to go.  I'm sure they have their reasons for not implementing certain suggestions, be it issues with coding or otherwise, but to say that they are ignoring the players is complete BS.  There have been quite a few suggestions that players have made that have made it into the game. They can't possibly add every suggestion, or it would be complete chaos.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Moradin said:

Since the beginning of Ark's Alpha Release, most of us have devoted much of their energy to pin point the things that Ark has to fix and/or Develop, and most of us gave such insightful FeedBack to the Devs of Ark, but to our Surprise, it always seemed that they Do NOT take us seriously, even when we did all this for FREE, and actually WE even Payed for the game, TWICE, not only that, the time we Spent on the Suggestions forums (originally on Steam forums for the game) we have not only been posting ideas/suggestions/improvement AND critical features that MUST be added, but also improving and refining the suggestions with all the given feedback, and some of us even created Major Posts to gather All of the Most needed Features, just to find that Ark Devs, dont quite care about any of it.

well now that Conan has jumped in, with a way Better UI among alot of other stuff we have been asking for here in Ark From DAY ONE, we hope that the Devs will Finally Listen to our FeedBack, and actually Do Something about it.

I read your post, twice, but I don't see anything about Conan thriving? In fact you mention Conan once right at the end.

Quite often new games like Conan will potentially thrive because it is new. Hell i've even bought Conan myself to play, but for no reason to do with ARK. It's not very logical to state Conan thrives on the feedback that ARK ignored. To be fair Conan is not thriving right now. It had a much worse launch than ARK did, I mean did you see how the AI in Conan was teleporting from spot to spot when you chase it, or when you attack the AI it sits there and takes its punishment until its dead. Very poor start.

They've pushed out fixes for it, i'm sure there will be issues they won't be able to fix any time soon too. Just like ARK have pushed out fixes for many issues, but some issues can get fixes out for whatever reason.

Stating another game that has been out in EA for less than one week is going to thrive on feedback that ARK has ignored is really not making sense.

So a game came out with better UI, wow. ARKs UI will improve, they are working on it. But if I was to compare ARKs current UI against Conans buggy AI then ARK wins hands down. Note I didn't compare the UI against the UI because it makes as much sense as you comparing a 1 week old game to another established game and at the same time ignoring the extremely poor launch that Conan had that caused it to get Mixed reviews from day one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

Good go play conan and get your sour puss attitude out our way of enjoying Ark :) Also... Conan is a completely different game, there is no real basis of comparison. You are just a self entitled little squat ;D

how is this allowed on the forum?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE Conan Exiles
While I like the building aspect MUCH more than how it works in Ark, I find the gameplay to be lacking in what I'd like.  Ark does a much better job here in my opinion.  At least in my watching of gameplay of Conan Exiles as it's not yet on Xbox for me to play it.

RE Game Suggestions
I agree and I don't.  While they've made a few threads and have gotten feedback it does seem like at times that the forums here don't get as much attention.  In fact at least one response from someone at WildCard basically said they (the individual) didn't read the suggestions here which I found surprising when exactly the feedback they were looking for has already been put out there here on the forums.  [EDIT: To clarify/amend my statement here.  They will however look at threads in the suggestions when they are pointed out to them elsewhere.] It did also seem like reddit and steam got a lot more attention in this regard as far as WildCard employees giving feedback on suggestions and implementing those suggestions.  Perhaps those are easier to respond to for them and that's why.  But I REALLY hope that they write down these suggestions here on the forums and discuss them as there are some great (and not so great I will admit on my part) suggestions for how to improve the game.

RE Responses to Bugs/Issues
Here it's hit or miss.  I've seen Stark/Rob respond to PC issues, but I haven't seen too much here from other devs/testers etc and I cannot recall any for the Xbox issues/bugs.  I'm really even uncertain as to whether someone from WildCard looks at the issues and triages them.  I REALLY hope they do.  Many a time I've only seen response when I or someone else directly mentioned them to WildCard folks and pointed out the threads here.  I'm going to sound like a broken record, but an external bug tracking system would help out the customers and employees much more as they would both be able to better track them and their status.

I will admit I've recently been a bit disheartened with some of the communication and I'm probably taking it all a bit too personally.  They're a VERY small team from what I've seen and VERY busy with getting the game and fixes and features out to us.  In fact I'm surprised given the number that I think I see that it's works as well as it does, not a disrespectful comment here more that they've been as successful as they have given the limited resources.  Which is also a reason I'm happy they outsourced the development on the PS4 to another company.  Not only do they have more people working on it, they also have a new set of eyes on the code and design which helps all the more.

The sense of frustration from users here, me included, is that at times it feels like we're not heard.  I know that's a false expectation on my part given what I said about earlier about limited time and people.  It also drives from the fact that we LOVE this game, probably a bit too much at times for myself.  LOL

Finally, don't get me wrong, I really love this game, want it to succeed, want the developers and WildCard to have success which means us players get a better game.  This is just me venting a frustration and giving a bit of constructive, I hope, feedback.  From what I can can tell the WildCard employees I've talked to directly are a great bunch of folks who really do care about what we think and listen to the feedback, it's just at times it doesn't seem like that's true and we get frustrated.

Wow, enough of me rambling on.  Sorry about that.  Didn't mean for it to be this long as I'm usually one who doesn't say much.  LOL

All the best.

Edited by mleii
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Casanova said:

I'm guessing the OP missed the huge thread in which we asked the community to give us feedback on the UI, as we are building a new one.

nope, i have actually been there, though by the time it was created, i was already fed up with giving feedback and/or suggestions, specially after the major Pinned thread that gathers the most needed/requested features on steam has died.

and on those requested features, most of their threads are detailed as much as possible and/or needed, so you pretty much would find anything you would need on there, without creating entire new major threads to gather opinions on something that hasnt been created yet, which can be considered as a way to stall.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kreatyve said:

Just because the devs don't implement every single suggestion (or even most of the suggestions) that players are making, doesn't mean that they aren't listening.  The devs know what general direction they want the game to go.  I'm sure they have their reasons for not implementing certain suggestions, be it issues with coding or otherwise, but to say that they are ignoring the players is complete BS.  There have been quite a few suggestions that players have made that have made it into the game. They can't possibly add every suggestion, or it would be complete chaos.

agreed to the point that it cant be that "all suggestions" are added, but it can be that most of the "Most requested features" are added, there is a big filtering difference between those two.

and as for saying "The devs know what general direction they want the game to go.  I'm sure they have their reasons for not implementing certain suggestions, be it issues with coding or otherwise", we all have been thinking like that for the first few months when the game was out, but by each passing month we got more n more frustrated, back when they had a big patch every week, and on each of these patches, one or two new creatures get added, with a few minor fixes, and thats it, none of the Most requested features get applied, and nothing Major gets added "that the players were looking forward to", thats when it became common knowledge to all of the Ark players i have ever talked to in game, or on suggestion forums, that the Devs just don't care about our feedback.

checking some of the most requested features i do find that they have actually been applied, and thats rather remarkable, though though the time it took to apply those few things, quite killed the anticipation joy of having them.

like they added Jousting with a lance, while saying about many other good features that it would better be left for modding?.. yeah but a lance is very important and should not be left to Mods..

thats exactly what we have been long waiting for on official servers, a Lance! no we dont need structure placement improvements, we dont need more critical details on items, specially weapons and armors, we can handle well seeing a weapon that does 259% damage, u know, cause thats all what we need to know, when u hold a club with 259% u know that u can knock out a Rex with 1 smack to the head, and no there is no need to give a more detailed Weight system that shows when ur weight starts slowing u down and by how much, no no, all these are un-important and un-needed features, that would definitely Alter the course of the game, who wants them, a lance is a time well spent on development than all of these useless stuff -ofc among many other more important fixes n improvements that i didnt even mention, like optimization n such-, im just laying down some examples.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

I read your post, twice, but I don't see anything about Conan thriving? In fact you mention Conan once right at the end.

Quite often new games like Conan will potentially thrive because it is new. Hell i've even bought Conan myself to play, but for no reason to do with ARK. It's not very logical to state Conan thrives on the feedback that ARK ignored. To be fair Conan is not thriving right now. It had a much worse launch than ARK did, I mean did you see how the AI in Conan was teleporting from spot to spot when you chase it, or when you attack the AI it sits there and takes its punishment until its dead. Very poor start.

They've pushed out fixes for it, i'm sure there will be issues they won't be able to fix any time soon too. Just like ARK have pushed out fixes for many issues, but some issues can get fixes out for whatever reason.

Stating another game that has been out in EA for less than one week is going to thrive on feedback that ARK has ignored is really not making sense.

So a game came out with better UI, wow. ARKs UI will improve, they are working on it. But if I was to compare ARKs current UI against Conans buggy AI then ARK wins hands down. Note I didn't compare the UI against the UI because it makes as much sense as you comparing a 1 week old game to another established game and at the same time ignoring the extremely poor launch that Conan had that caused it to get Mixed reviews from day one.

do they have an extremely poor launch? indeed they do

can i say that Conan is better than Ark? hell no, that's as you stated, the most illogical thing one could do is to compare the "state" of a just released alpha phase game, to a an almost out of Alpha phase game.

does Conan has Features that were long asked for in Ark? Hell yea, even though it is "just starting"

is Conan starting worse than Ark did? oh well, "more-or-less" would be a quite good answer to that, cause even though Ark didnt quite have AI issues "that bad" it had alot of other issues with other stuff, and ------> till now <----- people still fall in ground holes and get stuck in a falling phase with no stamina or food or water drop down, and cant eat anything cause "stuck in a falling phase", so no suicide option, and then u get left with only 1 hope out of this, report and wait till u get a reply from support and hopefully after a decent amount of waiting hours, u would get unglitched and out of that hole, but does that solve the root of the problem? NO, people still fall and get stuck.

one would have thought that a game this well established wouldn't be suffering from issues such as these any longer.

when im looking at the features of Conan there is one sentence that keeps repeating in my mind, "Oh Man! sweet! i wish Ark had this!..." 

 

 

Edited by Moradin
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Moradin said:

when im looking at the features of Conan there is one sentence that keeps repeating in my mind, "Oh Man! sweet! i wish Ark had this!..." 

There's tons of content and features in games that I wish other games would have. If every game had the same features and content then there would be nothing that sets them apart.

So Conan has some features that ARK players have long wanted and Conan has it from day 1, still doesn't mean that is bad for ARK, because that is one feature. Conan doesn't have everything else that goes with ARK.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

There's tons of content and features in games that I wish other games would have. If every game had the same features and content then there would be nothing that sets them apart.

So Conan has some features that ARK players have long wanted and Conan has it from day 1, still doesn't mean that is bad for ARK, because that is one feature. Conan doesn't have everything else that goes with ARK.

well that is one big point of Alpha Phase, isnt it? i mean, aside from getting feedback on your current plans of the game as a developer, also get to know what your community needs to see in the game, in order to enhance the experience of the game, and make it more entertaining and fulfilling to the current and new players to come, listening to the community and giving something back, anything back, is major in an Alpha phase.

1. From day one, we asked for a story feel to the game, not just a wake up on a beach with a weird thing on the left arm and out of nowhere there are those 3 obelisks floating in midair, along with supply crates falling down, it is well designed graphic-wise, but as the game goes on it becomes infuriating that there is no story to back it all up, and till now, we do not have a story feel to the game, more-so, it feels that we are far from ever having one, and adding random notes by other survivors only makes it worse, and by time it feels that there is no plan for it what-so-ever, and that Wildcard only makes things up as they go, but they dont have something specific planned to begin with.

2. an Engram system that often is rendered useless thanks to the Blueprint system that overrides it and acts totally independently from it, and is better than it in almost every possible way, the lowest ramshackle BP is better than the hard earned Engrams, and you can craft Any BP u want without having to have the Engram Prerequisite of it, and there is No Given way for one to Evolve the rarity of the Learned Engrams, not by how often the engram has been crafted, nor by spending more engram points into it, which once again shows often enough that WildCard dont seem to know what they are doing, with all do Respect.

3. no items meshes, bad item Details (100%? 200%? 230%? - how is that remotely helpful? why not use solid numbers than giving a percentage?), bad attribute details  (No details are give on Attributes when you hover over them), and why separate the Food attribute from the Water Attribute when leveling up? what Sense does that make?) yeah i get it, Wildcard wants to be different, but there is a good different and a bad different, and this definitely is a Bad Different.

4. we asked for an option to Auto Sort Inventories, to Auto fill Stacks instead of having to do it manually, over and over and over, and since WildCard loves listening to what we need but then apply it in such a "Different" way, Different enough to take a good idea and make it horribly Useless and unfulfilling to the purpose it was asked for, they gave us something quite useless instead, does not auto sort items in a permanent manner, nor does it Auto Rearrange and Fill Stacks.

i could go on forever, these are just few examples once again, and this is one of the reasons why major suggestion threads have died, and those things if fixed and made in a proper way, are Highly unlikely to affect or alter the direction of the game, these are quite "Basic" stuff. 

thank you for your time.

 

 

 

Edited by Moradin
Typos
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI i got Banned on the Ark's Steam Forums for no acceptable reason, other than some Ark Fan boys reporting me, the Ban was a day, never-the-less it was a Ban.

i do know the reason though i do also see it as a bad joke and/or an excuse to ban me for no real reason.

for writing +1 while quoting what others said to show my support, and i do see this all over every forum, and never once was anyone banned for it, it has also been used by someone posting in my thread for this topic, but he wasnt supporting me, he was supporting someone who doesnt agree with me, and did he get a ban for that? no, he did not.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, real talk here. Above all else, the duty that we moderators have is to the community. If you got a one day ban (as steam does not really do posting restrictions like these forums do), then it's because people of the community have reported you. If that said people proves to not just be a lone entity, then clearly that means you are not good for the community. Just like how a tumor is not good for the body, you get excised from the community. It can only be for a few days though if your negative impact proves malignant, then more permanent measures are taken.

I mean, we get it. You love Conan. But rather than play on their official servers (if they found a new host for them by now) or playing with pirates on private ones (because these better than Wildcard devs forgot to include their DRM tech in one of their updates), you're sitting here soapboxing and trying to make a dead horse out of this. I mean, is it really that hard to grasp that two different development teams handle things differently? Human beings aren't a hivemind y'know.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Alright, real talk here. Above all else, the duty that we moderators have is to the community. If you got a one day ban (as steam does not really do posting restrictions like these forums do), then it's because people of the community have reported you. If that said people proves to not just be a lone entity, then clearly that means you are not good for the community. Just like how a tumor is not good for the body, you get excised from the community. It can only be for a few days though if your negative impact proves malignant, then more permanent measures are taken.

I mean, we get it. You love Conan. But rather than play on their official servers (if they found a new host for them by now) or playing with pirates on private ones (because these better than Wildcard devs forgot to include their DRM tech in one of their updates), you're sitting here soapboxing and trying to make a dead horse out of this. I mean, is it really that hard to grasp that two different development teams handle things differently? Human beings aren't a hivemind y'know.

and i thought for a moment that we achieved something here, my bad, for the record it was never about me loving conan, it was about me giving feedback once and for all to Ark, about how much i would love for them to enhance the quality of the gaming experience we have, not by adding content that was never there, but rather by improving content that we already had, as mentioned above.

to be banned just cause Ark's fan boys are easily offended when they are faced with the opposite opinion to theirs, is still no excuse, and thats the kind of cancer that should be looked into, not the other way around, Never-the-less, thanks for your time, and Goodluck.

Edited by Moradin
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites