Respawn Traps and Obelisk Traps

Smudge

How has it been allowed that people can stop others from even joining servers by building spikes on respawn points across the map so there is no way to join the server, and you can't leave servers because people build on the obelisk and put defences on them.

There is no way it is enjoyable to anyone have to start a new surviver every server they would like to join.

I do understand this is a PvP game but if you can't even get started then what is the point.

If you want to leave a server you can contact the support, I think they would help you (if you are patient)

The blocking itselve is most likely a result of the Complete Cross-ARK transfer. Alot of big tribes done it to prevent other players from joining their server via transfer.

If you like you can check out a thread I made that is about this problem:

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Smudge said:

How has it been allowed that people can stop others from even joining servers by building spikes on respawn points across the map

It's not allowed:

- You are not allowed to block player spawn locations on any official server. If your base resides on a one spawn point by accident you won't be penalised. This only refers to tribes blocking multiple spawn points for the purpose of not allowing any new players to play on the server, example: using 1x1 locked structures players cannot get out of. 

You can submit a ticket to support to have a GM handle it.

Thank you this information you have posted is of great help to me as i have found a few servers like this so there is only about 30-40 people who use it now as it is the 3/4 main tribes remain. But reference the Obelisks when i have managed to transfer my character i have never spawned it one on the new server. So not sure why they are blocked by people.

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

Thank you this information you have posted is of great help to me as i have found a few servers like this so there is only about 30-40 people who use it now as it is the 3/4 main tribes remain. But reference the Obelisks when i have managed to transfer my character i have never spawned it one on the new server. So not sure why they are blocked by people.

I'd assume it's to stop invaders getting quick access to dinos/items that are uploaded and to stop them running away from server after a raid before they can be punished.I don't get involved in all that nonsense myself so i'm not sure.

35 minutes ago, amorbis said:

You can also transfer out via care drops riggt?

What does "care" drops mean?

You can transfer from every supply crate that spawns on the server (Surface and cave) I've seen tribes even blocking very possible loot drop location, which is why wildcard removed the option to block surface spawns completely.

Archived