Scorched Earth Spawn points are a bad joke

merandoo

What an incredible disappointment through bad design.

Thought I would give scorched earth a try.

Initial spawn was totally surrounded by massive walls and bases - waited to die

Respawned - killer by raptor at respawn point as I was loading

Respawned - managed to find water - killed by flock of level 110 Terror birds in easy zone

Respawned - killed by Titanomyra soldiers at respawn point as I was loading

Respawned - killed by Carno at respawn point

Respawned - tried to leave but can't get to  obelisk as surrounded by Kaprosuchus

What a bad joke. 

How do I return to the island ?

Drops, obelisk. trial and error, and yes, sometimes you die on a spawn but do you think those tribes that had massive walls and bases had it easy walk in the park? You crying of an awesome first time experience, remembering how Island used to be hard when you just started, but naah, its not even that hard for you since you can just transfer everything to the Scorched. You should actually try to learn how to really survive, look ahead of you, get some bolas, some equipments going.

Just now, SasoriJk said:

Drops, obelisk. trial and error, and yes, sometimes you die on a spawn but do you think those tribes that had massive walls and bases had it easy walk in the park? You crying of an awesome first time experience, remembering how Island used to be hard when you just started, but naah, its not even that hard for you since you can just transfer everything to the Scorched. You should actually try to learn how to really survive, look ahead of you, get some bolas, some equipments going.

Well i guess that depends if they transferred anything in or not.

9 hours ago, merandoo said:

I transferred in naked as bringing stuff in defeats the whole purpose of a survival game. As a result the crazy spawn points are a problem. I assume you transferred in with full armor and high end weapons

I transfered in bare once, you just have to be able to run a lot in order to escape everything.  Once you get away, start gathering material to build a thatch hut, then start building adobe.  I wouldn't recommend going in without at least a ptera as the map is very unforgiving.  Not to mention alphas on SE will wipe if you don't tell your intentions.

Scorched Earth is no place for a noob. You should start on the Island first, but even there it is not as easy as it used to be with all the troodons and other new creatures.

I started with a lvl 1 character on Scorched Earth. Had a rough time because I didn't understand at first that there really are no easy spawn points on scorched.

Got to give WC credit though, people wanted a tougher survival experience and that is what you get on scorched. If you want easy, go to a different map.

And yes, I agree, coming in with a Ptera and a character with fortitude of at least 30 will make all the difference in starting out on scorched.

• 2 weeks later...

haha I am stupid because I started off on Scorched as a brand new player. Luckily I was able to find a decent place to build. So whenever someone transfers of starts from Island/Centre I always say: You can get water from chopping cactus (not eating sap, save it for adobe). Morellatops are probably the most important early dino to tame, they carry water, and are great plant harverters. Build fortitude at least to 20 & only run when necessary. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a fresh spawn on SE, prepare to die a lot. It's a much harsher environment than that of the island. It's recommended to get a little experience on the island before creating a character on SE as you wont need to rush through learning the basics of survival as much.

If you are a fresh spawn that's having a difficult time, try to find a small body of water, preferably with fish (water well/oasis will work okay) and build a small thatch base to protect you. Gather resources and grind out until you reach abode and or desert clothing. From here, SE gets a lot easier.

Try to make bolas as these will help you immensely against most of the dangers of SE (raptors, dire wolves, sabers, etc).

Hang in there champ, SE is a great map once you're settled.

Archived