ovis spawn Ovis / Sheep spawn location revealed?

MrJonesDK

Hi everyone

Our tribe and I have just tamed our 4th Ovis / Sheep today and I kinda have an idea about, that it might spawn in the same location as the Megaloceros but as an rare spawn, just like the alpha raptor shares the same spawns as the raptor.

What do you guys think about that? Am I right for wrong?

Btw, I just made an video on how to tame the Ovis / Sheep and where I found it:

https://youtu.be/bNBH5z5aJFA

I've tamed 2 of them today, both at Winter's Mouth. They are very rare, they spawn in a region that is full of dangerous predators. They have the same walking and running animation as megaloceros, which might be a problem when you are trying to spot a female ovis from a distance. However, they are tamed passively and taming them is very easy, as a single sweet vegetable cake is enough to instantly tame one, regardless of its level. Also, dont even think about taming one then leaving the are by riding it. They are slow, they have low health and stamina, their stamina depletes quickly and takes forever to refill, and they cannot defend themselves any better than a kairuku. Just make sure to hunt them with an argi, quetz or wyvern, and ride into the sunset with your wooly friend.

The wiki was recently updated to show the locations.

It says the most common (Rare) location is Whitesky Peak. I did look there a bit, but not that much. Didn't find any.

The Northern Plains where I looked the most is a very rare spawn location. I've found 3 there.

Also Winter's Mouth peak is also very rare, and I did search there a bit, didn't find any.

• 1 month later...

Archived