See Gender/Stats Before Claim?

Airthrow

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to see a baby animal's gender/stats before claiming? I'm a bleeding heart and don't like to kill the baby after it's claimed, plus the death in my tribe log leads to a lot of questions from overly concerned tribemates. Seems silly, I know, but I can't access its inventory not see anything other than Baby-Species after it hatches.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Exemplarisk said:

You have to claim it to be able to see its stats.. how ever, you're not alone with a bleeding heart..  I always unclaim them if i dont want them and just leave them in facility... Atleast i don't have 2 watch em die 

Nuts, I was afraid of that. Ty for the response, tho!

17 minutes ago, Exemplarisk said:

You have to claim it to be able to see its stats.. how ever, you're not alone with a bleeding heart..  I always unclaim them if i dont want them and just leave them in facility... Atleast i don't have 2 watch em die 

I pike them =)

But I lure them away from the other babies because they'll run like mad if a baby dies next to them Lmfao

I play in official PVE and breed argys and currently starting to breed good stats in our color mutated ones. I hatch in batches and this is how our tribe log looks like in a typical hatch day xD.

I usually only keep 3-4 babies from 20 eggs, sometimes even just one xD. I feel the whole deal with having to repair ceilings right after. 

a.jpg

and yes, this is all happened within minutes of each other xD

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, songapalooza13 said:

Might be a noob question but can you spyglass a new born red name to just see the gender before claiming?

No, it will just zoom in on the text displayed over the baby's head, but with a lot of babies, especially low level ones, if you are sitting there trying to look at  it the baby will most likely die before you decide to claim and feed.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:40 PM, tetsu said:

I play in official PVE and breed argys and currently starting to breed good stats in our color mutated ones. I hatch in batches and this is how our tribe log looks like in a typical hatch day xD.

I usually only keep 3-4 babies from 20 eggs, sometimes even just one xD. I feel the whole deal with having to repair ceilings right after. 

a.jpg

and yes, this is all happened within minutes of each other xD

Renaming them disappointment before killing them, you are one evil guy aha 

When doing my breeding waves, If the baby is not desirable I rename it to "RIP - (funny quote or name)"

Like this nobody panics and potentially get a laugh out of it.

Keep in mind when you kill a baby you get XP also.

I hate killing my baby bears, but it is one aspect of being a serious breeder that we all have to accept it is a necessary evil and move forward. 

5 hours ago, ArkRage said:

I couldn't kill some babies either. I just walked them out of the base into a forest. They went on to grow up and have their own babies. Shush, it's true. lmao

A good chunk of the unclaimed populations in the habitats I set up in my "Hatch and Release" series come from random births in the wild.  Unclaimed creatures will mate with other unclaimed creatures, or even with tames from your tribe (or any other tribe).

Basically "Unclaimed" acts as it's own tribe.

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2017 at 7:08 AM, Airthrow said:

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to see a baby animal's gender/stats before claiming? I'm a bleeding heart and don't like to kill the baby after it's claimed, plus the death in my tribe log leads to a lot of questions from overly concerned tribemates. Seems silly, I know, but I can't access its inventory not see anything other than Baby-Species after it hatches.

Thanks!

Yes!  The magnifying glass shows you with the name.  Blue text for a boy, pink for a girl.

Archived