Broodmother impossible?

Sunnnz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrKetchup said:

What a waste of time and resources

The abbreviation of Broodmother is literally BM(Bad Manners). How did you not see this coming? :3

Anyways she's totally killable with several Rexes just chomping away at her for several minutes. Just don't stop and you said you had Gigas? I really can't see how you didn't get her.

When have you been able to see health bars with the Spyglass, is it an Xbox thing or a Boss thing? I thought that was a Magnifying glass thing. So many things!

On Xbox 3 days ago we spawned level 72 bm, took half the pve official server to do it, it had 1.3 mill health, and we put it on YouTube thanks to evo josh she regens her health, so you have to out DPS that regen, during video we had a guy calling out health, was about a 45 minute fight.

Was just 3 tribes on server 125 NA, then whole server showed up, was very nice seeing the entire server come together. I believe no rexes were over 100 in level.

7 minutes ago, Deathbykarma said:

On Xbox 3 days ago we spawned level 72 bm, took half the pve official server to do it, it had 1.3 mill health, and we put it on YouTube thanks to evo josh she regens her health, so you have to out DPS that regen, during video we had a guy calling out health, was about a 45 minute fight.

Was just 3 tribes on server 125 NA, then whole server showed up, was very nice seeing the entire server come together. I believe no rexes were over 100 in level.

See, this is what the bosses are for.

Bringing entire servers to stand together and fight as one!

Hopefully the Dragon and King Kong are added as spawnable bosses at some point.

Can't wait to take on an airborne Dragon with my full quetzal air fleet

Jeez, mine was lvl 8 and it took out 1 lvl 87 giga, 3 lvl 100+ rexes, 2 100+ spinos and 2 90+ carnos....after they fell I went and fabricated as much firepower as I could and shot it for 45 minutes. I was so relieved after it died.

By the way, I didn't get the flag. I got the bionic rex skin, hat, severed head, and trophy though.

I've killed her more than 10 times, you can farm her spiders for infinite chitin, we even let other tribes use our BM cage, this is a friendly tribe of ours farming 4 brood-mothers at once:

6798D4A8FD6D252727D916AD41C7B5A3C6A1F0D6

Anyone who thinks the broodmother is difficult to kill is not at the endgame stage of the game yet and was probably trying to kill her with below average dinosaurs. 

PS-I reported this 'exploit' back in September and a couple of times since but have been totally ignored by the wildcard team so I assume this is totally allowed :)

1 hour ago, JasonB said:

Thats because the problem will be resolved when they release her Arena. The OP did say he used Gigas and Rex's and I know a single Giga can easily destroy a BM, not sure about post nerf patch though.

The arena that was released in November?? oh wait.... Even if they fixed the BM exploit today, right now, all the big tribes on my server have literally hundreds of thousands of chitin from farming her. Also doesnt help that it makes me feel like reporting bugs and exploits is useless because they won't do anything about them, like the infinite weight exploit or going under the map to raid from below etc etc

10 hours ago, DrKetchup said:

My tribe and I went after a lvl 12 BM today. We hit it for about 2 hours. 2 gigas, 2 200+ rexes, and tons of ammo, and rockets. Some other tribes ended up coming in to help. I pulled the gigas eventually (lvl 40-60). We continued on with the rexes. We eventually gave up. I pulled out a spyglass and it just said 700,000/700,000...

How? What a waste of time and resources. Incredible. 

I killed 6 broodmothers at once with 1 giga after the nerf, took me 15 minutes 

1 hour ago, Ceranai said:

The arena that was released in November?? oh wait.... Even if they fixed the BM exploit today, right now, all the big tribes on my server have literally hundreds of thousands of chitin from farming her. Also doesnt help that it makes me feel like reporting bugs and exploits is useless because they won't do anything about them, like the infinite weight exploit or going under the map to raid from below etc etc

Well, the Broodmother is there just to have some kind of endgame with all the artifacts. There would be no point in "fixing" the issue as she's not staying there, even if she's giving out free chitin which I wouldn't even bother farming. I'm drowning in it already.

We decided to try and help out somebody in our server (Xbox) who summoned her and let me tell you we couldn't even dent her. We had 2 rex's and 2 spinos chomping at her for over 10 min straight and she didn't even become the least bit bloody. I unno if it's the damage post nerf but damn we felt like our two high level dinos going at it were useless. We didn't expect much from the 70's but we figured the two around 200 would do some good damage after chomping away for literally 10+ straight.

On 1/22/2016 at 4:42 AM, Bangers said:

I mean.....damn.... Its your server of course and its none of my business what you do there but this is main reason one should not play ARK on private servers. Why somebody would want to set themselves invinc..... never mind. 

I set the players on my servers to be invincible to enjoy the game how we want to enjoy it.  If you don't like playing that way, by all means don't do it.  My clan and I enjoy playing these games for their building aspect, not the survival aspect.  We did the same in Minecraft and played it for years having immense fun.  Don't worry about how other people enjoy their free time, worry about yours.  Life is too short for that mess.

Make a magnifying glass, attack a bit after you summon, check health with magnifying glass.  If broodmother is not taking damage, run away and summon another at another beacon, or wait for that one to despawn.  Or close ark without saving, and reload and try again, thats what i did....also make sure dino health regen isnt over 1, i think that helps.

Archived