[EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS] PVP 120 Players, Increased Rates, Capped Tribes & No Tami

Jatheish

I'm liking the boosted rates however, 6x farming = 2 hits on a metal ore with a pick and I'm encumbered :( I would love to have some sort of wagon or a pack mule, since Tek Armor would be out of reach.

EDIT: How about a special backpack for the survivor that counts metal, crystal, wood, stone, etc as 50% the weight cost?

EDIT #2: Or complete the miner armor set that has the reduced weight perk. I mean, we already have the Miner's Helmet! :Helmet:

EDIT #3: If this was a thing, this could bring back the viability of cave mining. I would totally start mining the crap out of the land caves in my miner outfit! :Jerbfat:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaDolceMercy said:

I'm liking the boosted rates however, 6x farming = 2 hits on a metal ore with a pick and I'm encumbered :( I would love to have some sort of wagon or a pack mule, since Tek Armor would be out of reach.

Ya, seems like 2x level up on the player stats is needed here, since weight and some other stats are going to just be too low without dinos to help.

I dont know if anyone important will read this but PLEASE do something with this rock golems.... you disabled titanosaurs which is totally fine and i like it but on SE are no titans and rock golems are kinda the same if you think about how easy they can crush a non metal building... We build in a 3 player tribe a base for 6 hours and after 6 hours 3 level 6 guys came over and lured a golem to our base which just destroyed all the 6 hours of farming... since u cant tame them anyway maybe disable them or just make them as can not damage adobe/stone? I really like and enjoy the kind of ark but this rock golems are not fair when lvl 6 guys just lure them to your house and everything is gone. 

I think this sounds fun although I don't know about the high rate boost.  The lower levels of the game go by so fast now already, the early days of spear and bow + arrow battles were a blast and they are completely skipped over now.  Seems like it'd be fun to slow it down, at least the levelling part so you could enjoy each stage more.   

3 hours ago, Pommer said:

@JatAn official no flyer experiment server would be amazing

And I fully support this idea.  An official no flyer map would be awesome(on xbox!).  Get to really utilize all those egg layers for  their actual purpose for once.

I made an account just to reply to this. This is a fantastic idea! taming dinosaurs for pve if GREAT! you can tame, build, eat lots of BERRIES! BUT taming is unbalanced for pvp and it will most likely never be balanced for pvp, alpha tribes are at the top because they have extreme amounts of unstoppable dinos and usually a significantly larger amount of time to spend on the game, I am not saying that you should not get what you put into a game. If you spend hundreds of hours on a game you should get significant results. That being said it is not viable for anyone that has a job and has to work 8 hours of the day because it takes extremely long to tame a powerful dinosaur. This is partially fixed by the increased rates but the tribes that have the most time will still be ahead as they also get the boost ,but it is definitely good for pve. Not being able to tame is perfect for pvp/survival based gameplay.

Why is this good for PvP:

• Extreme time is not necessary to progress. There are no God tier alpha dinos owned by other players that can send people back to the "stone age". You cannot tame dinos so there is no longer 5-10 hours spent on taming 1 dino or 12 to farm for eggs. 
  • Less likely to be completely wiped. There is no reason to completely wipe someone since you would only need their resources (plus if you wipe them they will definitely move and then you cannot steal from them again ;))
  • Wild Dinos are extremely dangerous now. It provides more challenge for survival and makes spy glass even more valuable to make sure you don't agro a lvl 150 spino.
  • Less revenge will ensue. Since you cannot just travel across the map in 5 seconds with a bird going to kill someone across the map is very time consuming.
  • If you die you only loose materials. You cannot lose levels or high time spent dinos.
  • Overview: Less time is wasted, More time is spent surviving/exploring. PvP is more fair as the cap will be player level based and equipment based.
  • Tree house bases are actually somewhat viable now because you cannot just fly up to it and throw bombs at it.(rockets will still wreck it but rockets wreck everything.)
  • Update: Large tribes will still have problems with wild dino's so alpha tribes will likely not be as much of a problem.
  • We will all be battling the elements more so it will be much more of a survival game.

Negative side effects PvP:

• underwater is now extremely dangerous to traverse with low reward.(minus late game with underwater loot crates)
  • It is extremely difficult to get fertilizer so soups and other special consumables are near impossible to get.
  • No dank flying dinos(grappling hook still helps for travel though.)
  • No more cool dino abilities.
  • getting beacons is now 10x as important because high tier weapons an armor is extremely valuable/op
  • Boss battles require extreme cooperation and time to fight as it is mostly mass item based now, aka a billion rockets required now.

Over all I think this is very good from a pvp aspect and will be very fun as well as being much better for people who do not have as much time to play. This was an awesome idea and I look forward to trying it out.

Im a big fan of the 120 player server. There's a few things i would like to see implemented though.

Like perhaps be able to tame more domestic animals like dodos, sheep, mesopithecus, and the horse that will be out soon. Then limit them to a certain amount per tribe.

Along with that, a pull-able sled or carriage would be nice for collecting resources. Thanks for reading my comment and continue the good work.

26 minutes ago, TheOmnist said:

Im a big fan of the 120 player server. There's a few things i would like to see implemented though.

Like perhaps be able to tame more domestic animals like dodos, sheep, mesopithecus, and the horse that will be out soon. Then limit them to a certain amount per tribe.

Along with that, a pull-able sled or carriage would be nice for collecting resources. Thanks for reading my comment and continue the good work.

Good point about the cart. You have a boat on water to haul stuff around, but what about on land?

Not being able to tame dinos removes the single biggest reason to play ARK.  

The problem is established tribes wrecking newer people with super dinos right?  Ill be the second person then, to suggest that lower level dinos remain tamable while the larger of them are always wild. 

It makes sense that the biggest and meanest wouldn't respect us weak little things regardless of how much food we stuff in them. Not only that, but the wilds of an ark would retain a degree of fear even after you have the largest tamable mount.  

I love the idea; I've played like this in solo already and had a lot of fun doing it. Man against nature, and running away like a little girl when a carno barrels down on you. Disappointed to find that it only covers pvp servers. Giving it a shot, even though I generally avoid pvp servers like the plague. With nature like that, who needs players murdering you on repeat anyway?

I'd like to see a pve trial server please.

1 hour ago, OlFart said:

I love the idea; I've played like this in solo already and had a lot of fun doing it. Man against nature, and running away like a little girl when a carno barrels down on you. Disappointed to find that it only covers pvp servers. Giving it a shot, even though I generally avoid pvp servers like the plague. With nature like that, who needs players murdering you on repeat anyway?

I'd like to see a pve trial server please.

Me too. I'd play a PVE like this. Or possibly an ORP PVE of this type.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived