[EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS] PVP 120 Players, Increased Rates, Capped Tribes & No Tami

Jatheish

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hep48085 said:

I have yet to try this server out. Can anyone tell me there experiences with this? I am curious to know how this effects raiding. If there are still plant defense it seems difficult to approach bases without mounts.

Dude you don't even know. This server is awesome. If you have seen my other posts then you will see my experiences, I just don't want to repeat stuff and people think it is spam. Anyway, it's always better to build multiple bases which we did. I have already had a couple of them be raided but it doesn't really matter because I have other bases all around the map. That being said raiding has gotten so much better because people are just breaking in and taking your stuff it took a couple of days to get. 

Now with officials you spend weeks or even months taming Dinos, then breeding them continuously and making massive bases just to get fully wiped and don't want to play anymore.

this will be the future. Once people get a taste of the awesomeness of no tame servers, officials will be a thing of the past. Actually they already are for many people. They should just do away with them and keep the great ideas coming

25 minutes ago, acidwings said:

It would be nice to have a full reset server every month.

But then it would pretty much be extinction without Dinos lol. I get what you are saying though.

so many people can't even play on these fees servers yet. I would be happy if they just made more for now.

plus we can't really build that much in just a month on these servers.

Anyone played on both the Center and the Island maps for the no tame servers?  Thoughts on one map vs the other, specifically thinking about which map someone might set up as a server.

The Center seems to have a better distribution of resources, but more challenging to get to some locations for sure.  Some probably not possible or extremely difficult without tames.

Island map would be easier for getting around, but the distribution of resources is terrible, at least in my thoughts on where I know you can get them.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:34 AM, Volcano637 said:

Sorry man but slow travel is not a con. It's how we are meant to travel in the game. They should never introduce any tames into a no tame server. They can make a different server for another experiment but there should never be even one tame on these servers. Ever. 

Btw their idea is perfect. It is such a huge success. Even on low times there is still 80-90 people on. Well SE does get lower but I think SE sucks anyway lol.

i love that we have to collect our poop and use compost buns as well. We are actually using all of our engrams more. I use the water skins which I never used to. Along with the compost bin. I will never want to get the industrial forge which I almost always wanted so the refining forges will always be used. Cooking pots and the mortar and pestle will also always be used now, I mean unless someone really wants to grind out the industrial stuff which there is nothing wrong with that.

i am placing levels in stats is usually never bothered to do. God this game is so awesome no with no tames. I could easily talk about it all day.

this might seem over the top but with all the tames gone especially the quetz, people are finding out what a hatchet and pick are used for again lol

It definitely has been successful, but keep in mind there is only one server. I hope they keep this server around, but it is still a niche. It's basically just Rust with a better tech tree and more hostile wilderness, and that's fine.

I was just saying that high level dinos and gigas contributed significantly to the zerging. Max level 60 wild dinos and no tameable gigas would have made a much more balanced game. As it stands right now the alpha tribe is just whoever has the most people without jobs that can tame dinos for 24 hours a day. I was in alpha tribe before the difficulty increase in early access, and before gigas. These changes just widened the gap between us and the rest of the server. Plus who the heck wants to tame dino for 5-10 hours, you're just forced into it to stay competitive.

Keep this experiment, but let's get a few more going as well.

10 hours ago, Centrifugal said:

It definitely has been successful, but keep in mind there is only one server. I hope they keep this server around, but it is still a niche. It's basically just Rust with a better tech tree and more hostile wilderness, and that's fine.

I was just saying that high level dinos and gigas contributed significantly to the zerging. Max level 60 wild dinos and no tameable gigas would have made a much more balanced game. As it stands right now the alpha tribe is just whoever has the most people without jobs that can tame dinos for 24 hours a day. I was in alpha tribe before the difficulty increase in early access, and before gigas. These changes just widened the gap between us and the rest of the server. Plus who the heck wants to tame dino for 5-10 hours, you're just forced into it to stay competitive.

Keep this experiment, but let's get a few more going as well.

Yeah you nailed in on the head with officials lol 

and I hope they make more of these no tame servers. Everybody likes them.

dont get me started on gigas. They are the most annoying thing and by owning 10 of them that just shows how much you don't work or have any kind of life. I guess they need something to feel good about so oh well. 

Good convo though. And yeah I wouldn't even mind if they made some normal tame servers but kept the gigas and quetzals out. 

On 3/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, hep48085 said:

I have yet to try this server out. Can anyone tell me there experiences with this? I am curious to know how this effects raiding. If there are still plant defense it seems difficult to approach bases without mounts.

Here's a vid of my tribe raiding a tree platform base on the no tame servers if you wanted to check that out. Ill be uploading more videos like this as well 

On 2/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, Frozenhole said:

Heres the big deal with this mankind gets to get more weapons and vehicles to do more because the ocean would be death to anyone without dinos, at current 1 weapon shoots under water a xbow. You need to make it so we could actually make items to use in all environment and craftable in smithies and fabricators that had the more room. Or increase the stack size of minerals at current is a bad joke.

^ the water bit i couldnt agree with more

been playing a bit on the center server. I think it would be nice to have some no building areas in the high resource places such as skull island. Currently a tribe spamed the skull island with metal foundations, asuming after they got tons of metal first. And its currently imposible to get any metal other than randomly getting some from normal rock stones.

If not, some of this areas could get the x6 damage that structures get in caves or such.

I would have no complain to a tribe fortifying skull island and making it their base and defending it, but this is not the case, they just spamed the foundations that we can only destroy with explosives that are hard to get because there is no metal either. This is just ruining the game experience, because its abusing the spawning mechanic of the game

23 minutes ago, Maaxpax said:

been playing a bit on the center server. I think it would be nice to have some no building areas in the high resource places such as skull island. Currently a tribe spamed the skull island with metal foundations, asuming after they got tons of metal first. And its currently imposible to get any metal other than randomly getting some from normal rock stones.

If not, some of this areas could get the x6 damage that structures get in caves or such.

I would have no complain to a tribe fortifying skull island and making it their base and defending it, but this is not the case, they just spamed the foundations that we can only destroy with explosives that are hard to get because there is no metal either. This is just ruining the game experience, because its abusing the spawning mechanic of the game

I totally agree with you here. If what the foundation spamming tribe wants is for people to quit playing, then they have succeeded. I left that server once I saw that some tribes were going to spam metal foundations to prevent other player's from progressing. I guess that is just how PVP works though, so I'm back to playing PVE.

How about a server with a free-for-all feel? No tames & no tribes. Every player for themselves on a massive server with a maximum of 60 players. Goal of the game is to build your own shelter while surviving the other players & dinos. Build your defenses & raid the other players at your own risk. Will you risk defeat by attacking someone else? or will you gather your supplies first? Your base & body will be protected while offline but anything goes while online

10 minutes ago, TheAgentAflac said:

When will you be releasing try out servers on console?

What do you mean?  

Official servers?  If so then there are some for the consoles already.
More official servers?  If so they haven't yet answered that question, it's been asked directly many times and not answered yes or no.
Better dedicated server support for no tames?  If so, they've mentioned adding a way to do it, but I don't recall a time frame, likely I would guess not the update due today based on their answer.

@Jat

Very dissapointed with the non transfering. My tribe got stuck on another server and couldn't defend our main base. Another member got on and informed us that all of our stuff was destroyed.

Not talking about a wooden hut in the woods either.. 

Really hope you roll this back.

It's one thing to get raided offline or w.e.. but not being able to defend your hard work because your trapped on another server is pretty painful.

So, I have been having a lot of fun with this server, the big issue I've been having with official PvP servers is you get punished by megatribes for, get this, PvP stuff. On these servers, there hasn't been a prominence of Alpha Tribes punishing people for playing PvP, and that's made it enjoyable. Right now I haven't run into issue of imbalance, but I've also yet to run into people armed with C4 or Rockets, so I've been pretty lucky in that aspect. The game has been full of hi-jinks fun and some good natured PvP, none of this full scale wiping stuff, just a bit of raiding, taking some resource, but not overall screwing the other group over. My philosophy is playing the game for PvP in the long run, letting the guy you raided build up so that they have a chance to get back at you. It makes the game more exciting when you get to fight off a payback raid, and you get some decent rivalry going.

That all said, my only suggestion is that if you add more server, dont make full crossARK transfers, have each server pair with another server. I.E. on Cluster One is Island One, Center One, and Scorched One. and you can travel between those server, almost as if it were it's own world. Then have Cluster two the same thing, but transfer can only be between cluster two servers. Right now while Megatribes and crossark wars being itneresting to some, they are just too large scale, and too taxing for even a semi-casual ARK player. keeping these NoTame servers to minimal transfer would be the best way to keep the expereince challenging, but not hopeless, and therefore still rewarding.

Final Word: Great Job, Keep up the good work WildCard! :D

22 minutes ago, TheMapleRush said:

So, I have been having a lot of fun with this server, the big issue I've been having with official PvP servers is you get punished by megatribes for, get this, PvP stuff. On these servers, there hasn't been a prominence of Alpha Tribes punishing people for playing PvP, and that's made it enjoyable. Right now I haven't run into issue of imbalance, but I've also yet to run into people armed with C4 or Rockets, so I've been pretty lucky in that aspect. The game has been full of hi-jinks fun and some good natured PvP, none of this full scale wiping stuff, just a bit of raiding, taking some resource, but not overall screwing the other group over. My philosophy is playing the game for PvP in the long run, letting the guy you raided build up so that they have a chance to get back at you. It makes the game more exciting when you get to fight off a payback raid, and you get some decent rivalry going.

That all said, my only suggestion is that if you add more server, dont make full crossARK transfers, have each server pair with another server. I.E. on Cluster One is Island One, Center One, and Scorched One. and you can travel between those server, almost as if it were it's own world. Then have Cluster two the same thing, but transfer can only be between cluster two servers. Right now while Megatribes and crossark wars being itneresting to some, they are just too large scale, and too taxing for even a semi-casual ARK player. keeping these NoTame servers to minimal transfer would be the best way to keep the expereince challenging, but not hopeless, and therefore still rewarding.

Final Word: Great Job, Keep up the good work WildCard! :D

You explained everything perfectly man ? Good job for that. The one thing you were luckily incorrect on is that you haven't seen anyone with rockets yet because rockets are not allowed on no tame servers and I love that they aren't, along with auto turrets. Those two single weapons would ruin no tame and just make it another official with without Dinos.

love your description of officials too by the way, you described them perfectly. Official pvp servers are by far the worst part of the game. Every one wants to complain about kibble farms but now everybody is just multi breeding these super Dinos which were even more op then they are before. It's just ridiculous now.

anyway I am glad you are enjoying your "true" pvp experience as much as I am.

i would also like to say how right you are as far as making more no tame servers and keeping them closed. So many people still want to play on these servers but there just isn't enough room. Atleast 2 more clusters are needed but 3-4 would be optimal.

you heard it wildcard. You know it is a success, now please let more people be able to enjoy it by making more servers. Some players are still forced to play fake pvp on officials when all they want is some real pvp experiences on the no tame servers.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived