[EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS] PVP 120 Players, Increased Rates, Capped Tribes & No Tami

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

We've just launched some new experimental Official Servers on PC! These are a bit different to our standard servers as they do not allow players to tame, ride, or breed creatures. ARK has a lot of core survival elements to it, and we wanted to see how players would find playing the game without the help of their trusty tames. Of course, this doesn't mean we're moving to a non-dino focused environment, it's just another customisation we've introduced for everyone ;) So give it a go, let us know what you think! Features:

- 120 Players

- No Taming

- Boosted Harvesting and EXP Rates! (2x rates of normal -- so with the current event, it's pretty much 6x OLD-ARK!)

- Titanosaur has been removed

- Auto Turrets have been removed

- Difficulty Level is currently set to 2.0

- Tribes are limited to 10 players

- Isolated Cluster

- 50% Higher Base Weight and 50% increase per level too

- No alliances

So we're interested in the dynamic that this experiment brings, please keep in mind that it is EXPERIMENTAL so there's a chance that the servers do not stay online / saved data could be wipe -- though our intention is to keep it online! 

To find the server, just search for this in your server filter:

[120 Players] NoTamingExperiment

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, EliteZ said:

13 October 2015. Ive said it. You guys ignored it.

2 February 2017. Another game who copied your graphics did it.

Well played guys.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/481115363877630962/?tscn=1446241582

What? You want a cookie for being 1 in a million suggestions being able to say "I MADE THAT SUGGESTION!"?

1 hour ago, EliteZ said:

13 October 2015. Ive said it. You guys ignored it.

2 February 2017. Another game who copied your graphics did it.

Well played guys.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/481115363877630962/?tscn=1446241582

"No taming" is very different to "no saddle".  And ... there's tribes in this experimental server, so... you didn't say it, sorry.

2 hours ago, Lionheart said:

The idea should be no taming, but all eggs found in the wild are fertilized. 

Maybe not ALL eggs, but make eggs more common to find & there should be the rare one that IS fertilized. However that still contradicts the "No Breeding" aspect. So eggs would be pretty useless. However if they added in primitive & semi advanced vehicles such as bicycles & mopeds/motorcycles. maybe even a truck, in to the game. Then you'd have faster ways of moving from 1 side of the map to the other without a dino. This would also increase the need for items such as carts & wheelbarrows. Caravans would also be an interesting thing if you could find a way to move them. Perhaps have the new horse as the only animal you can tame for use, such as transportation & pack animal.

2 hours ago, Varunastra said:

Maybe not ALL eggs, but make eggs more common to find & there should be the rare one that IS fertilized. However that still contradicts the "No Breeding" aspect. So eggs would be pretty useless. However if they added in primitive & semi advanced vehicles such as bicycles & mopeds/motorcycles. maybe even a truck, in to the game. Then you'd have faster ways of moving from 1 side of the map to the other without a dino. This would also increase the need for items such as carts & wheelbarrows. Caravans would also be an interesting thing if you could find a way to move them. Perhaps have the new horse as the only animal you can tame for use, such as transportation & pack animal.

Beautiful ideas here, devs please take a look.

4 hours ago, Varunastra said:

You've got a jet pack what do ya need a moped for lol

I hope some will share how this type of server could be played on and people have fun. Is it only meant for pvp type play? I am 100% pve so I am having a bit of trouble trying to imagine playing on one of these kinds of servers, but I am probably not looking at the big picture. I look forward to hearing and seeing the type of play that comes from these servers. It could be a whole new world! :Torpor:

When I read limited tribes, I was thinking more of a way to limit the number of new players stealing slots for already existing "customers" on said server. Would it be possible to implement a 120 player server where everyone unconscious (or dead) count as a slot on the server, so that when its full, its full.

Having 240 or more players on one server at different times, trying to log on at the same time on the weekend, having tamed dinos all over the place isnt that great when there's no queue to enter.

Lots of people are leaving the game alone because of the fact that playing when you want on the server you spent weeks to build up is almost impossible. I have to actually log on at 4pm just to reserve my slot for 8pm and that sucks for everyone.

Anyway, on topic, good idea, but I would also add more servers where transfering in with your stuff/dino is impossible, so that it's a fresh start for everyone and no alpha tribe from another server can transfer their wyverns to destroy everything in one evening.

15 minutes ago, Poltron said:

Anyway, on topic, good idea, but I would also add more servers where transfering in with your stuff/dino is impossible, so that it's a fresh start for everyone and no alpha tribe from another server can transfer their wyverns to destroy everything in one evening.

This!

And in case you are interested I made a topic on how new server could be possible:

This looks really interesting. I love it when devs recycle their existing content and make new ways to play their game to make it more replayable. Although I'm not sure bossing is really possible without tames so tech tier would be practically inaccessible.

I'd be very interested in seeing a modified game mode more catered toward pve survival, but I think this would be much cooler after dino sleeping gets implemented (for sneaking around at night for resources and traveling safely).

8 hours ago, Varunastra said:

I like these ideas. Maybe a wee bit Far Cryesque but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

12 hours ago, BLiNNeMaNS said:

nice, this will significantly increase raft use
although i personally wouldn't go as far as excluding all tames.
(allowing phiomia for fertilizer production/mule, maybe disabling the saddle engram)

I wanted to say "What do you need fertilizer for? You're not growing veg for kibble" but then I remembered the Rockwell consumables (Lazarus Chowder, Mindwipe etc) and no auto turrets means plant X.

These servers might benefit from the Bonemeal Fertilizer engram from prim+, otherwise, we're following wild Bronto and phiomias and other dinos hoping for poop to drop in a compost bin.

16 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys!

We've just launched some new experimental Official Servers on PC! These are a bit different to our standard servers as they do not allow players to tame, ride, or breed creatures. ARK has a lot of core survival elements to it, and we wanted to see how players would find playing the game without the help of their trusty tames. Of course, this doesn't mean we're moving to a non-dino focused environment, it's just another customisation we've introduced for everyone ;) So give it a go, let us know what you think! Features:

- 120 Players

- No Taming

- Boosted Harvesting and EXP Rates! (2x rates of normal -- so with the current event, it's pretty much 6x OLD-ARK!)

- Titanosaur has been removed

- Auto Turrets have been removed

- Difficulty Level is currently set to 2.0

- Tribes are limited to 10 players

- Isolated Cluster

So we're interested in the dynamic that this experiment brings, please keep in mind that it is EXPERIMENTAL so there's a chance that the servers do not stay online / saved data could be wipe -- though our intention is to keep it online! 

To find the server, just search for this in your server filter:

[120 Players] NoTamingExperiment

Heres the big deal with this mankind gets to get more weapons and vehicles to do more because the ocean would be death to anyone without dinos, at current 1 weapon shoots under water a xbow. You need to make it so we could actually make items to use in all environment and craftable in smithies and fabricators that had the more room. Or increase the stack size of minerals at current is a bad joke.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived