How do I keep my base safe?

you cant really. most pvp servers have tribes that just demolish anyone whose base gets too big so they can grab whatever resources you have farmed up. and frankly any time your offline your at risk,.  we had a nice hidden base in the jungle, were fine for a while.  a huge bronto took down all the trees around us, exposed us and the very next day we were demolished.  its not worth pvp if your playing solo, unless you wanna stay small and not have dinos or valuables.  

my suggestion woul dbe go on pve and enjoy the game for what it has to offer, because youll never get there in pvp.  once you have your fill on pve, then try pvp and see if you can make it

The best thing you can do at your level is grind xp as much as possible focus on getting those levels either that or join somebody who can help build metal for you then a good amount of plant x turrets and auto turrets is the basic thing to do. if you dont have anybody to help with metal just get some blueprints and a anky i personally would not relax on a sever till i had my base down and ready

at a low level another thing you could do if you're playing solo is create a wall of spikes circling your base so its a lot more difficult to get to with land dinos, also you can layer your base in walls. so that if you were attacked and they broke into the your base, they would have to break through another layer of walls before they can get to the core. Best thing though would be to tribe up in my opinion and build up those turrets and plant x. 

On 2/1/2017 at 6:06 PM, woytanb said:

Hi,

New player here, level 35 and I play on a PvP server. Not in a tribe, but thinking about it...

Looking for tips on how to make a secure base at my level. Want to keep dinos safe and protect my valuables. Wall building tips, best locations, and any useful strategies would help!

Thanks! :)

Find a server with offline raid prevention.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey woytanb,

there ist no safety on a PvP server. You can make it expensive to raid you, but there is always a tribe that can demolish your base and steal your stuff.

Forcing intruders to blow through a lot of metal helps. It's like looking your bike. It can be stolen but if your look is strong they might simply steal an other bike. Also it helps to be on good therms with your neighbours. But still, one day you will be raided. So prepare! have some resources in an other base, so you can keep going.

On ‎02‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 1:06 AM, woytanb said:

Hi,

New player here, level 35 and I play on a PvP server. Not in a tribe, but thinking about it...

Looking for tips on how to make a secure base at my level. Want to keep dinos safe and protect my valuables. Wall building tips, best locations, and any useful strategies would help!

Thanks! :)

Hi New Player

At lvl 35 its not much you can do, i will recommend you to build alot of spikes on the roof and around your base. they are easy to destroy with explosivs, but its one more c4 or rocket to waste for the attackers.

I will list some tips for you.

1. Turn your base into metal asap. (cementing paste you can get from beaver dams)

2. Layer your base in stone walls and cellings. ( metal is to expensive when you are alone)

3. Get X seed plants, alot of them. ( make sure you dont but them to close to eachother)

4. Always haw layers with doors, since the door is the most common place to place the C4 and it haw less HP.

5. make tons of narcotics for a easy way to lvl 60 and kill spinos.

Talk with the Alpha of the server and be communicative. We have a few solo players on our server that are listed as protected by the Alpha tribes because of this. It all depends on the environment of your server and how well the political system is managed. Trying to stay low and off radar and not talking at all will cause suspicion, especially on a PVP server. This is due to the server raiding and if your name is something they haven't seen before/ seen in chat a lot of tribes will wipe as a precaution. 

I would not suggest that you build in a cave. On almost every server the caves are a no build area because people like to go into them to gather artefacts and those building in them are wiped. My recommendation is to either stay small and hidden in unpopulated areas while you learn and enjoy the game, or another option is to join a respectablee tribe where you can show if you are an honest hardworking individual. The advice of being diplomatic with people around you is very sound advice. When people come across someone they don't know(especially if they build quick) they become nervous and suspicious which leads to being raided. Whereas a friend, they will go out of their way to help out.

You will also earn a lot more respect if you handle problems like trolls on your own instead of crying for help, you will earn respect if you show people that you are honest and hard-working. I would also recommend that you have a hidden cache were you have everything you need to rebuild and retame in case you are hit. One last point of advice if you are wiped ask them why and then move on. I know for a fact that other tribes watch for people to see how one reacts after being wiped to see if you are worth keeping around or worth recruiting. Do you freak out and quit, or are you willing to sort it out and move on.

In the end it is just a game and I wish you well in whatever you choose to do.

• 6 months later...

Me and a buddy of mine are hosting a PvP ps4 PC hosted server with offline raid protection. Helps players keep their progress when they sign off while still having the PvP element added to it. Not sure if anyone on this post is interested but my server is pretty peaceful if anyone wants to join. Search "kings landing x5"

Archived