Trolls

Stanky

I play on Xbox and there are TONS of trolls on officials. It is ridiculous and something needs to be done. I'm sure I'll get a lot of "you suck, just dont get caught off guard" but it's inevitable. The fact that you can just transfer over hundreds of rockets and a pter, blow up a base, take the goods and drop everything else and leave the server before you even get on to see what happened is crazy. If you're not part of an alpha tribe, you're doomed to be wiped.

9 minutes ago, Stanky said:

I play on Xbox and there are TONS of trolls on officials. It is ridiculous and something needs to be done. I'm sure I'll get a lot of "you suck, just dont get caught off guard" but it's inevitable. The fact that you can just transfer over hundreds of rockets and a pter, blow up a base, take the goods and drop everything else and leave the server before you even get on to see what happened is crazy. If you're not part of an alpha tribe, you're doomed to be wiped.

As much as it is frustrating, it is part of the game right now.   With it being in development still (not using it as an excuse), sadly we are the testers in this and get tout deal with it.  Hopefully down the road there will be balance, as I'm sure that's what they want.  But we aren't to that stage yet, nor will they put the resources into balancing it yet.

I wish you the best in the game, and good luck.

2 minutes ago, Grimm said:

As much as it is frustrating, it is part of the game right now.   With it being in development still (not using it as an excuse), sadly we are the testers in this and get tout deal with it.  Hopefully down the road there will be balance, as I'm sure that's what they want.  But we aren't to that stage yet, nor will they put the resources into balancing it yet.

I wish you the best in the game, and good luck.

Thank you, you as well. I hope it gets resolved somewhat soon. I feel like It's driving a lot of players to PVE and what fun is that?! :P

Yeah I'd say not much can be done at this stage of the game, anyone would argue it's PvP and that's that.

I managed to last a week solo before my first base got raided but I was extremely naive. Since then set up a nice hidden Base with metal inside and stone outside and a few plants

Think I got lucky cause nobody's raided me yet. Had a quetz fly over scoping me out once but I'm guessing they didn't see value in raiding me as the base still stands :)

They cannot just download dinos, hit someone then leave the server. There is a cool down on uploading dino's that had been previously downloaded to that server. I believe it is 12 hours so unless they downloaded, waited 11 hours and spent an hour raiding before uploading they cannot be too far away. Hunt them down and kill them.

Just now, DinoMinions said:

They cannot just download dinos, hit someone then leave the server. There is a cool down on uploading dino's that had been previously downloaded to that server. I believe it is 12 hours so unless they downloaded, waited 11 hours and spent an hour raiding before uploading they cannot be too far away. Hunt them down and kill them.

Dino's are quite expendable when you just looted a base. Take the loot forget the ptera.

41 minutes ago, Stanky said:

If they are taking the goods then they are not trolls. Trolls like to just destroy things for the pleasure of it. A raider is someone that destroys other tribes to better their own. But what did you expect when you chose to play on a pvp server? I dont mean to be insulting, so please dont take it that way. There are a couple of things you can do to minimize encounters with these types of players (raiders, trolls, etc.)

1. Build inland! I cant stress this enough. A large percentage of cross-ark raiding and trolling is done in the south zones and on the beaches. If your base isnt very visible you will be wiped less often.

2. Find a server with an alpha tribe that is friendly and dislikes trolls too. They are out there.

3. Dont build a large base if you cant defend it. Know your limitations! Remember a raider doesnt have to destroy all your defenses, just enough to wiggle into your base. 

4. Find other like minded players and build relationships with them. Ask to join them eventually or have them join you. A large and active tribe that has your back is a huge benefit. Its a cruel and unforgiving world out there and going solo is brutal unless you're Rambo.

5. Build Auto-turrets as soon as you can and make sure they give overlapping fields of fire that cover all vital parts of your base. Set some to players only so that they cant drain all your bullets with tames. Keep the turrets stocked with a lot of bullets. I have seen many bases with a dozen auto-turrets with only 25-50 rounds each, which is completely pointless.

6. Carry parachutes and a whip or bola at all times. If you get picked by a troll on a pteranodon whip or bola them off and parachute down safely. You might even be able to kill them and their bird.

7. Learn from your mistakes and try again!

53 minutes ago, Dustrider said:

If they are taking the goods then they are not trolls. Trolls like to just destroy things for the pleasure of it. A raider is someone that destroys other tribes to better their own. But what did you expect when you chose to play on a pvp server? I dont mean to be insulting, so please dont take it that way. There are a couple of things you can do to minimize encounters with these types of players (raiders, trolls, etc.)

1. Build inland! I cant stress this enough. A large percentage of cross-ark raiding and trolling is done in the south zones and on the beaches. If your base isnt very visible you will be wiped less often.

2. Find a server with an alpha tribe that is friendly and dislikes trolls too. They are out there.

3. Dont build a large base if you cant defend it. Know your limitations! Remember a raider doesnt have to destroy all your defenses, just enough to wiggle into your base. 

4. Find other like minded players and build relationships with them. Ask to join them eventually or have them join you. A large and active tribe that has your back is a huge benefit. Its a cruel and unforgiving world out there and going solo is brutal unless you're Rambo.

5. Build Auto-turrets as soon as you can and make sure they give overlapping fields of fire that cover all vital parts of your base. Set some to players only so that they cant drain all your bullets with tames. Keep the turrets stocked with a lot of bullets. I have seen many bases with a dozen auto-turrets with only 25-50 rounds each, which is completely pointless.

6. Carry parachutes and a whip or bola at all times. If you get picked by a troll on a pteranodon whip or bola them off and parachute down safely. You might even be able to kill them and their bird.

7. Learn from your mistakes and try again!

^ All good tips. 

Also, I would add:

• Put turrets inside of your buildings. If they do manage to find a weak spot, or get inside one of your buildings, don't let that be an auto-win. 
  • Don't ignore weak spots. If you've spotted a weakness in your defense, it's only a matter of time before a hostile player does as well. 

Also, and it's been said, this is an adversarial game with an over-reliance on real politics. If you're not playing politics then you really aren't going to do well. Also, don't take it so personally. Most people wouldn't bat a lash as walking up and stabbing someone in the back in a game of COD or Battlefield, or whatever ... but for some reason you're a morally devoid troll if you attack someone in Ark? Please.

Go to another server an troll, and see how far you get. See how easy it is. And restock all your supplies from the tears of other victims xD

we have a set of trolls that keep coming over to our server from another server, they bring 100 rockets, sniper rifles and pteras. they have got us twice (outer part of base with fake dummy buildings) we got them the third time seeing as they like to do this at the same time each night. We are built inland and are hidden sort of. When we got them we got quite a good amount of stuff off them: 80ish rockets, master craft pikes, sniper rifles, ascendant longnecks, and flak. these two, who will be back have taught us our weak spots in our base defenses. this third time our turrets destroyed their birds and they had no where to run.

the first two times they did get some stuff, not sure if they just dropped it and ran or if they took it, but we did find a chest they hid that had some nice gear in it later on.

moral is that trolls do come from other servers to prey on the weak for a fast payday.

58 minutes ago, ClamsJager said:

we have a set of trolls that keep coming over to our server from another server, they bring 100 rockets, sniper rifles and pteras. they have got us twice (outer part of base with fake dummy buildings) we got them the third time seeing as they like to do this at the same time each night. We are built inland and are hidden sort of. When we got them we got quite a good amount of stuff off them: 80ish rockets, master craft pikes, sniper rifles, ascendant longnecks, and flak. these two, who will be back have taught us our weak spots in our base defenses. this third time our turrets destroyed their birds and they had no where to run.

the first two times they did get some stuff, not sure if they just dropped it and ran or if they took it, but we did find a chest they hid that had some nice gear in it later on.

moral is that trolls do come from other servers to prey on the weak for a fast payday.

I'm curious if they came from another server how did you find where they came from?

22 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

I'm curious if they came from another server how did you find where they came from?

they had to come from another server, they were both in the 80's for levels.  cant really find them till they post something in chat to get a gamer tag then join off them.  but a good troll wont say a peep in chat.

On 2/1/2017 at 0:53 PM, ClamsJager said:

they had to come from another server, they were both in the 80's for levels.  cant really find them till they post something in chat to get a gamer tag then join off them.  but a good troll wont say a peep in chat.

I guess what they do on our servers is monitor everyone who joins the server and figure out if they are a regular or someone new. Kinda nuts how on top of it some folks are LOL...

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am a lvl 72 xbox player and I have dealt with all sorts of trolls and this is the only way to stop them. If you kill them they might take it personally and hunt you down even if you move your base local or server #.

The easiest way to stop a trolling is to:

1. Knock them out with tranq weapons or club (only use club if too fast). If you kill them they might keep coming back.

2. Make one wooden cage per troll, and drug them with narcoberries, or narcotics.

3. Drag them into cage and handcuff them, then collect heavy objects (i.e. wood, stone, charcoal).

4. Over-Encumber them by a couple hundred pounds and keep druged.

5. Put in middle of base and put sign saying "troll, do not open!!". It needs to be near middle of base because then less chance of them voice chatting and getting outside help.

6. Tell alpha if friendly or any allies why you did this. And never let them die.

P.S. If they are too strong and fast for a club or tranq weapon, use bear traps, bolas, and electric prods, as well as plant y, or plant y traps.

On 2/1/2017 at 8:56 AM, Stanky said:

Don't worry I won't say anything along those lines of which you talked about. What I will say will still somewhat be just as bad(especially if you are an alpha).

trolls are a necessary evil right now. Trolls mostly came from mid sized tribes that got wiped by an alpha. Rather than waste their time building back up they decided to make everyone else miserable like they were(nothing wrong with that). When they go after alphas it is good because they have to use their time to build back whatever the troll destroyed(if the troll is good it will take them awhile).

now if they are not alpha and a troll attacks the little guys it still helps because it will make people stop playing. That works towards the endgame that I want. 

If there is ever a major problem with the game, the devs will make drastic changes to make sure everything is balanced.

People don't truly understand the frustration if they're not on PS4. On PS4, there's no transfer cooldown on anything, so we get the most amount of server-hopping traffic. Whole servers have been wiped multiple times because of this and now we're resorting to blocking every drop, obelisk and (not us, another tribe) some spawns. I told them they'd get banned for blocking spawns but they don't care. (PS, You need to make spawns a non-building zone.) 

I do like the feeling of war being just around the corner though, but it is really annoying when trolls come. 3 trolls raided our mantis egg laying building today which was in a hidden area, unknown region. They made our inside turrets look like poop while they killed all of our mantis and then quickly transferred away.

If I were to offer a solid solution, I'd make it so that anybody who transfers from a server that they have tames on, leave a trail of their server number behind whenever they kill somebody/a tame on another server.

Edit: Also add limits/cooldowns to transfers on items, dinos and your damn character.

If we ever troll someone on our/another server we make sure we don't cause any serious harm...more of a pain. We use flare guns for fun never pick people or rocket bases just flares and billboards ? Surprising how triggered people get at having 3 or 4 people blinding them with flares ? *We only do it to people who need it  I.e proclaiming themselves as God's of the server and owners of the entire of north zone so no one can build or tame there...

There is no point in putting in tickets about griefing players. 

The server I play on has been all but ruined by a group of nasty, infantile guys whose only motivation or purpose for playing the game is to hurt and upset other people and take away their fun. 

They exploit/glitch, they outright cheat with things like aimbot and invulnerability. (its so fun having a guy drop c4 at his feet to blow your base wall, without dying in the explosion so he can just walk right in) 

They built a base under the map, got admin wiped - but only on the island so they just got mad, and started griefing people even harder by transferring weapons and dinos from Center. As far as I have seen there were no bans. 

There have been tickets put in, proof submitted, and nothing has happened for half a year while the server slowly dies, while every new player (almost) just quits after being wiped every single time they try to build - and then mocked. 

I love this game for its potential, and ive never been hit significant by this scum, but the server community doesnt exist despite several attempts to get neutral structures up for things like arena, trading post etc. I had guest houses at my base until this trash just kept breaking the benches and things I set up for newbies. every attempt to realise the social potential of the game is just utterly ruined, leaving the server a ragtag group of griefers, newbies who end up refunding pretty quickly, and stronger tribes that are just tired of WC's apathy and tired of not being able to have fun in a game, which is supposed to be about fun. 

Dont expect WC to help. They wont. And thats why they will see this game die out, and only be populated by the most pathetic of the griefers and newbies who will be pushed into refunding. And of course people who play on unofficials, but thats not a high population comparatively 

Archived