Center tek tier...

Mjsechrest

A quick question. So how is it fair that players on the center will never get full tek or even some of other stuff like tek underwater bases ? Drake confirmed this earlier today in a post. Oh, it's just an official MOD you say ! Then why are transfers allowed onto an unofficial map ? Why can the island be 5 steps ahead of everyone who plays on the center and now be able to access full tek gear while the center people literally get one easy mode boss that doesn't even give element every time (and only ever drops 10)? Drake said earlier you will have to transfer to an island server to  get the element. Did he even read his own writing ? Obviously element can't be transferred so maybe he means "you can just move all your stuff off the center and come play on an island server so you don't get screwed."  Ok drake sure let me transfer all my stuff to a server that is 20 years in the future ahead of me technologically speaking and try to see if I can get some artifacts before the alpha tribe finds my lowly metal vault base with only 300 auto turrets and lasers me down on their rexes and tek suits. The gap in power between the island/scorched versus the center is going to be so great that island servers can invade center servers and go hide back in their force fields and underwater bases while we have virtually no way to counter attack them whatsoever. And no I'm not referring to transferring tek gear I'm simply stating that I could have a full tek base and go raid a center server and come back and there is not one thing they could do about it since the defense will have the technology advantage (not to mention everything else the island already has that the center doesn't between tames etc) 

treat the center as an official map or stop transfers from happening, but all you're doing is ruining everything for people who have settled down on an OFFICIAL SERVER and are treating them like garbage. I don't care about how long things take but to come right out and say we will "never" get full tek gear or the same end game stuff as players on another official server that can transfer between each other is absolute garbage and is unacceptable to your customers and fan base who actually do care about having a semi balanced and even playing field across all servers and game modes. 

What's your thoughts ?

WildcardTheRightHand
Senior Technical and Gameplay Designer
• 
19h

We plan to bring difficulty levels and more Tek gear to TheCenter in the very near future.

It might not be all of it, but it will definitely be more.

Currently the only way to get every piece of Tek gear is to play on, or transfer to, TheIsland and fight all of the bosses there.

• The Right Hand

was on Reddit. And sorry I meant Jeremy not drake 

I mean. The armor and all of the tech stuff becomes useless if the player doesn't have element in their system. Players transferring in may have to go farm the bosses on the new server.  Plus I do not believe the knowledge of tek grams is transferable so they wouldn't even be able to use the armor if they have it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. This stuff is gonna be devastating on PVP servers for sure but the amount of work it takes to get it will somewhat mitigate it. Plus I think the bosses aren't dropping it correctly at the moment.

Edit: well that's kinda weird on their part. I always thought the center was just another map with the same features. 

16 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

WildcardTheRightHand
• 
19h

We plan to bring difficulty levels and more Tek gear to TheCenter in the very near future.

Currently the only way to get every piece of Tek gear is to play on, or transfer to, TheIsland and fight all of the bosses there.

• The Right Hand

My interpretation of that post is that in the very near future, when they add more, they may not be adding all of it at that time, but will be adding more than it currently has. I honestly don't get "we will not ever be adding all of the Tek tier to the Center" from that post. I think we'll need more clarification on this one before judging their decision too harshly.

He also doesn't say that the only way to ever get Tek will be to transfer to the Island. He just says that currently, at this time, that's the only way to get every piece.

3 minutes ago, Sideswipe said:

I mean. The armor and all of the tech stuff becomes useless if the player doesn't have element in their system. Players transferring in may have to go farm the bosses on the new server.  Plus I do not believe the knowledge of tek grams is transferable so they wouldn't even be able to use the armor if they have it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong. This stuff is gonna be devastating on PVP servers for sure but the amount of work it takes to get it will somewhat mitigate it. Plus I think the bosses aren't dropping it correctly at the moment.

Edit: well that's kinda weird on their part. I always thought the center was just another map with the same features. 

Appreciate your input. Only thing I was trying to say is that someone could come raid you with a bunch of stuff (not tek tier) and you don't have tek for defense and they go back to their well protected tek tier island server 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 2/1/2017 at 7:56 AM, Mjsechrest said:

WildcardTheRightHand
• 
19h

• The Right Hand

Nothing of this post states that you can just go to the Island for the element. Comprehending the statement clearly means that if you want the full list of tek engrams then you go to the island to fight. Once you've learned all the engrams off the island you can return to the Center or Scorched Earth and build them over there.

Also, Jeremy = Drake. TRH is a totally different person.

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Nothing of this post states that you can just go to the Island for the element. Comprehending the statement clearly means that if you want the full list of tek engrams then you go to the island to fight. Once you've learned all the engrams off the island you can return to the Center or Scorched Earth and build them over there.

Also, Jeremy = Drake. TRH is a totally different person.

Why is everyone saying you have to unlock the engrams on each server you want to use then on then? From 99% of what I'm hearing you can't just unlock the engram there and use it on another server you have to unlock it on that server you are using it on. Also since you can't transfer element there's rather no point seeing as how you only get 10 element from defeating the monkey on the center and that's not even every time either. If we knew for sure the center was going to be updated in the same fashion and have full access to tek tier on the center map itself that would be great to know, but from what I'm seeing they're treating it is a sideshow of sorts and guess what, when the island folks get their force fielded underwater bases and are completely unraidable by lower technology , they can transfer to the center and start picking on anyone they want because how could you stop them if you literally have no way to attack them back on their server. I'm not arguing with you I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this before I uproot and leave the center servers I've played on. No one here wants to keep wasting time if we're not going to be in the same league as the so called official maps which are crazily enough linked to the center by transfers even though the center is not an official map. Take the transfers away and let the center maps just transfer between each other and don't even implement tek tier on it if you don't want to that's fine by me. But to give someone a technological advantage that will be a great deal more defensible then a plain old metal turret base is outright dumb in my opinion. Also thanks for your clarification now I know right hand is not Jeremy 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

Why is everyone saying you have to unlock the engrams on each server you want to use then on then? From 99% of what I'm hearing you can't just unlock the engram there and use it on another server you have to unlock it on that server you are using it on. Also since you can't transfer element there's rather no point seeing as how you only get 10 element from defeating the monkey on the center and that's not even every time either. If we knew for sure the center was going to be updated in the same fashion and have full access to tek tier on the center map itself that would be great to know, but from what I'm seeing they're treating it is a sideshow of sorts and guess what, when the island folks get their force fielded underwater bases and are completely unraidable by lower technology , they can transfer to the center and start picking on anyone they want because how could you stop them if you literally have no way to attack them back on their server. I'm not arguing with you I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this before I uproot and leave the center servers I've played on. No one here wants to keep wasting time if we're not going to be in the same league as the so called official maps which are crazily enough linked to the center by transfers even though the center is not an official map. Take the transfers away and let the center maps just transfer between each other and don't even implement tek tier on it if you don't want to that's fine by me. But to give someone a technological advantage that will be a great deal more defensible then a plain old metal turret base is outright dumb in my opinion. Also thanks for your clarification now I know right hand is not Jeremy 

I don't know where they get that idea from, but all you really need is to unlock the engrams in order to create and use the items. You don't have to do it on every server, just on your character that you use. Though if you have multiple characters strewn through several servers, then each of those characters will need to do the boss fights to earn the engrams, as tek engrams are bound to the character, not the account.

As for Element, it takes 3 days for element to spoil. It's entirely feasible for a center tribe to farm bosses enough to craft tek materials.

Am I understanding this correctly, that you cannot learn Tek Engrams on the Center?

My god this is going to be such a gigantic sucker punch to an already-abused segment of players. If this happens, and players on the Center cannot learn Tek Engrams without going to the Island then WildCard ought to remove the Center as an official server. It's just not an official server, lol. It's super broken, doesn't have the same dinos, and now it won't even have the same technology?

Please, somebody clarify this for me. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

Am I understanding this correctly, that you cannot learn Tek Engrams on the Center?

My god this is going to be such a gigantic sucker punch to an already-abused segment of players. If this happens, and players on the Center cannot learn Tek Engrams without going to the Island then WildCard ought to remove the Center as an official server. It's just not an official server, lol. It's super broken, doesn't have the same dinos, and now it won't even have the same technology?

Please, somebody clarify this for me. 

Currently you can learn "some" Tek on the Center. They are updating the boss system on the Center, but until that is completed then you can only learn some of it for now and the rest will need to be obtained from the island bosses.

3 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Currently you can learn "some" Tek on the Center. They are updating the boss system on the Center, but until that is completed then you can only learn some of it for now and the rest will need to be obtained from the island bosses.

And does the Island have access to all of the Tek knowledge? If the answer is "yes" then I don't even understand how a game can be so broken, even in early release. This isn't early release, this is like playing to watch people exchange emails about a cool idea that haven't even begun thinking about things like reality.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, TimeSpiral said:

And does the Island have access to all of the Tek knowledge? If the answer is "yes" then I don't even understand how a game can be so broken, even in early release. This isn't early release, this is like playing to watch people exchange emails about a cool idea that haven't even begun thinking about things like reality.

Yes, the Island does indeed have access to all Tek Engram knowledge.

Now mind you, before some sort of persecution complex kicks in, Scorched Earth also has limited engram knowledge like the Center, and that isn't even a mod map turned official.

The Center is an OFFICIAL map and WC needs to treat it as such. Any content being dropped on TheIsland/SE needs to also be made available the same day on the Center. If boss arenas or other elements of the game are not ready on the Center then bring it up to speed before you drop on the other two maps. I have defended WC in the past but for them to call the Center an official map without official support is a joke. 

/rant

38 minutes ago, kcnud said:

The Center is an OFFICIAL map and WC needs to treat it as such. Any content being dropped on TheIsland/SE needs to also be made available the same day on the Center. If boss arenas or other elements of the game are not ready on the Center then bring it up to speed before you drop on the other two maps. I have defended WC in the past but for them to call the Center an official map without official support is a joke. 

/rant

Rant away. It's an alpha. They're testing it. You should probably just delete it and play on release. I'm sure everything will be up to speed then 

20 minutes ago, scotte93 said:

Rant away. It's an alpha. They're testing it. You should probably just delete it and play on release. I'm sure everything will be up to speed then 

Heh I understand the game is alpha. This has little to do with the game being in alpha stage...side note I purchased the full game for Xbone and Ps4; the former of which stated it was EA but not the latter. I spent $30 for the Xbone version and was very happy with the purchase bugs and all. I spent full retail or $60 for a full working game on PS4 while PC players currently can spend 10 bucks to get the same game. Seem fair?  

Fact remains there are 3 official maps, 2 of which receive full support..I am sure you know which does not. I would like to see some legitimate justification as to why this is reality. 

4 hours ago, scotte93 said:

No. They're not testing it. WE are paying THEM so that WE can test it FOR them. Gotta get it right if you're gonna go there.

I'm not sure what the status is on the PC version with player hosted servers now, but on the Xbox one, the center is a giant mess and a joke right now.

Every restart, the save gets wiped. Overspawning creatures etc.

Xbox one player dedis aren't getting anything but ignored.

I'm sure you'll be telling me that Xbox player dedicated servers are getting treated as valued customers too, eh?

Core mechanics in a game is the first thing (for any developer worth their salt) to be fixed and sorted out, not the last. In ARK however, core mechanics are broken as hell in some cases, especially on the xbox one version, and even more so when it comes to the hosting mechanics of xbox one player dedicated servers (Invalid Password anyone?).

It would be like buying a custom built PC where you only get the tower and no hardware.

With the release not too far off, the game should be in beta. The current state of this game on the Xbox One is more a pre-alpha than anything else. Unless they've pushed the release back by another 6-9 months again.

The Center was released as an official map, thus part of the base game for when the game officially releases. Hence they need to give it more attention. Especially for the sake of those of us who bought a 2nd bloody xbox one to help them test their game by running player dedicated servers, using an official map.

At this point, i think it just boils down to priorities.

I don't know what they talk about behind closed office doors, but to me, and probably others as well, it would seem like Xbox One is getting kicked far down on the priority list along with The Center for Xbox One..

On 2/1/2017 at 11:20 AM, Mjsechrest said:

#WildcardTheRightHand  okay , can you verify this then so we don't have to wonder and keep wasting our time? Will the center map receive the exact same tek items as the island (even if it's not right now) ?

How do you transfer your characters to The center from the Island and back?

I find it disturbing that the Center won't be getting all of the same engrams/gear as the Island.  Which is what that post seems to imply...

On the other hand, I believe the Center is being maintained and updated by the original creator of that map.  So we may have to wait for that gentleman the Center.

I hope the Center doesn't perpetually play second fiddle to the Island.  I have no objection if it takes longer to get all of the tek tier onto the Center but it really should get there eventually.

Archived