Center tek tier...

Mjsechrest

On 03/02/2017 at 7:59 AM, Alalrloln said:

Even on the holiday content the center gets the short end of the stick. Might as well get use to it...

It's OK saying get used to it but that's not a option for some ppl. wildcard do a great job of putting out their disclaimer on the title screen as if to distance themselves from any In-game issues they can't explain or resolve....when they brought out the centre map they should have made it abundantly clear in the beginning that it wouldn't be subject to the same treatment as the island and any additional maps post centre release... So that ppl could make a more informed decision as to whether that would be the best move for them at the time or not...most ppl moved their bases without knowledge of wildcards intentions for the centre and are now subsequently suffering for it.... They have a duty to be transparent with their fan Base/customers afterall they pay the bills when they purchase the game and all add ons... As transparent as they are on the title screen...shame transparency is only applicable when it suits them! 

This is what I have a hard time understanding, is Center an official map or a add-in mod? There are official Center map servers, a lot of them. So I'll assume a fairly large portion of the community is playing on them. I don't think one map shouldn be favorite over another if they're both official.

So my friends and I are on a Center server, which sucks knowing we won't be able to do the Tek tier stuff.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Currahee said:

This is what I have a hard time understanding, is Center an official map or a add-in mod? There are official Center map servers, a lot of them. So I'll assume a fairly large portion of the community is playing on them. I don't think one map shouldn be favorite over another if they're both official.

So my friends and I are on a Center server, which sucks knowing we won't be able to do the Tek tier stuff.

You can  do some of the Tek Tier stuff already, and once the new boss system is implemented on the Center map you will be able to do the rest.

wow, talk about overblown

nowhere in that twitter post was the word "never" written

and despite using that tweet as a source, still continue to use the "only get 10 element on the center" over and over again, even though, while not saying a damn thing about the center never getting things, it DID very specifically say it will be improved.

Just now, Currahee said:

That is the million dollar question who knows but Wc them self's! 

I made the move from a island server to a centre server many months ago and I'll say I'm less then impressed with its current state and I'm making the move back to an island server as missing dinos, constant lag, all cave drops bugged and a lack of bosses to challenge FeelsBadMan

9 hours ago, perk8504 said:

and despite using that tweet as a source, still continue to use the "only get 10 element on the center" over and over again, even though, while not saying a damn thing about the center never getting things, it DID very specifically say it will be improved.

The reddit post/tweet is ambiguous, at least to me.  That is what is concerning folks.  It could easily be read as "The Center will never get all the Tek Tier features but it will get some of them."  

You may very well be right and we are making a mountain out a mole hill.  It would be nice for the devs to step in and give us official word on what the plans are for the Center.

On 2/1/2017 at 7:45 AM, Mjsechrest said:

A quick question. So how is it fair that players on the center will never get full tek or even some of other stuff like tek underwater bases ? Drake confirmed this earlier today in a post. Oh, it's just an official MOD you say ! Then why are transfers allowed onto an unofficial map ? Why can the island be 5 steps ahead of everyone who plays on the center and now be able to access full tek gear while the center people literally get one easy mode boss that doesn't even give element every time (and only ever drops 10)? Drake said earlier you will have to transfer to an island server to  get the element. Did he even read his own writing ? Obviously element can't be transferred so maybe he means "you can just move all your stuff off the center and come play on an island server so you don't get screwed."  Ok drake sure let me transfer all my stuff to a server that is 20 years in the future ahead of me technologically speaking and try to see if I can get some artifacts before the alpha tribe finds my lowly metal vault base with only 300 auto turrets and lasers me down on their rexes and tek suits. The gap in power between the island/scorched versus the center is going to be so great that island servers can invade center servers and go hide back in their force fields and underwater bases while we have virtually no way to counter attack them whatsoever. And no I'm not referring to transferring tek gear I'm simply stating that I could have a full tek base and go raid a center server and come back and there is not one thing they could do about it since the defense will have the technology advantage (not to mention everything else the island already has that the center doesn't between tames etc) 

treat the center as an official map or stop transfers from happening, but all you're doing is ruining everything for people who have settled down on an OFFICIAL SERVER and are treating them like garbage. I don't care about how long things take but to come right out and say we will "never" get full tek gear or the same end game stuff as players on another official server that can transfer between each other is absolute garbage and is unacceptable to your customers and fan base who actually do care about having a semi balanced and even playing field across all servers and game modes. 

What's your thoughts ?

Oh you mean like what you did to the people on server 813? Lmao welcome to karma. Probably should have stayed on the island. ?

On 2/3/2017 at 8:18 AM, Mjsechrest said:

Why is everyone saying you have to unlock the engrams on each server you want to use then on then? From 99% of what I'm hearing you can't just unlock the engram there and use it on another server you have to unlock it on that server you are using it on. Also since you can't transfer element there's rather no point seeing as how you only get 10 element from defeating the monkey on the center and that's not even every time either. If we knew for sure the center was going to be updated in the same fashion and have full access to tek tier on the center map itself that would be great to know, but from what I'm seeing they're treating it is a sideshow of sorts and guess what, when the island folks get their force fielded underwater bases and are completely unraidable by lower technology , they can transfer to the center and start picking on anyone they want because how could you stop them if you literally have no way to attack them back on their server. I'm not arguing with you I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this before I uproot and leave the center servers I've played on. No one here wants to keep wasting time if we're not going to be in the same league as the so called official maps which are crazily enough linked to the center by transfers even though the center is not an official map. Take the transfers away and let the center maps just transfer between each other and don't even implement tek tier on it if you don't want to that's fine by me. But to give someone a technological advantage that will be a great deal more defensible then a plain old metal turret base is outright dumb in my opinion. Also thanks for your clarification now I know right hand is not Jeremy 

You are right, the center is technically not an official map. Having said that you also shouldn't be able to transfer to other center maps either. It should be completely land locked. ?

On 2/3/2017 at 7:08 PM, kcnud said:

The Center is an OFFICIAL map and WC needs to treat it as such. Any content being dropped on TheIsland/SE needs to also be made available the same day on the Center. If boss arenas or other elements of the game are not ready on the Center then bring it up to speed before you drop on the other two maps. I have defended WC in the past but for them to call the Center an official map without official support is a joke. 

/rant

Wow, I can't believe I am the one defending wildcard this time lol how many times have you told me to deal with it or they are only human? 

Well I am sticking to the positive this time. So many times when the little guys complain they say well just move servers, or do this, or do that. Well now it is time for the alphas to start adjusting

ok, so you can't get all the tek gear on the center, just move to the island it's not that big of a deal. Or you could join another tribe. 

Everything is going to be ok guys, even if you have to wait a little longer. It's not like you will be the only people have ever been at a disadvantage before ?

14 hours ago, perk8504 said:

You definitely get two for that bud! #truthtalk

Even if they implement the exact same features on the center map as they have on the island, it wont be fair, both groups of players should have access to the same resources at the exact same time. Otherwise this creates imbalance. They should have just waited with the TEK stuff until either everything was ready for all of the maps or release it like they do now in a couple of patches but atleast make it so EVERYONE playing the OFFICIAL version of your game has access to it. Especially since the maps are interlinked.

And to all the people saying 'you can get element on the center, its just more farming' well let me tell you this, how would you feel if the island servers gather rates were half of that of the center? you would have access to the same resources you would just have to work harder.

I feel WC is just pushed for time, the TEK tier was something they could be really proud of, it was a beautifull concept with cool game changing mechanics but i feel they just want to push it out too fast just to 'satisfy' the players with some of the content instead of waiting a bit longer until they finished everything of the TEK tier and then release it. I wouldnt mind having to wait another month or so ...

This is just beyond stupid....

So WC decided to release some extremely OP stuff to just ONE map ouf of three ? How is it possible to make such an irrational decision ?

Then basically, all the work my tribe and i did to reach Alpha state on the center will be obsolete when the patch lands ? Thanks WC, i'm sure very happy i paid 50 euros for this PS4 game to end up playing on an obsolete, poorly optimised OFFICIAL map.

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, zeanclodeduz said:

This is just beyond stupid....

So WC decided to release some extremely OP stuff to just ONE map ouf of three ? How is it possible to make such an irrational decision ?

Then basically, all the work my tribe and i did to reach Alpha state on the center will be obsolete when the patch lands ? Thanks WC, i'm sure very happy i paid 50 euros for this PS4 game to end up playing on an obsolete, poorly optimised OFFICIAL map.

You are blowing a gasket when it is not necessary. Some of the Tek Tier content will be available on the Center when it lands on console. The Center map will be getting an updated boss system to enable players to get the rest of the Tek Tier content.

So no nothing weill be obsolete and nothing will have been wasted. You are best off right now preparing yourselves to take on the bosses when the new system lands. You will need to take on all 3 bosses at Easy, Normal and Hard. So focus on that.

Center is far from obsolete. If you made an attempt to actually read this thread then you would realise that before blowing a gasket.

1 minute ago, GamerPerfection said:

You are blowing a gasket when it is not necessary. Some of the Tek Tier content will be available on the Center when it lands on console. The Center map will be getting an updated boss system to enable players to get the rest of the Tek Tier content.

So no nothing weill be obsolete and nothing will have been wasted. You are best off right now preparing yourselves to take on the bosses when the new system lands. You will need to take on all 3 bosses at Easy, Normal and Hard. So focus on that.

Center is far from obsolete. If you made an attempt to actually read this thread then you would realise that before blowing a gasket.

What's with the tone of that answer, are you high on your community moderator status ?

I've red that thread and i dont see any reason not to be upset with this. Afaik there's no date for this new boss system on the center ? Might very well be in 2 weeks or in 2 month...

And boy i can get some of the tek stuff playing on the center ? Whoah, that's cool. At a far worse cost\reward ratio ? when anyone on the island gets 10 times better deals ? I feel blessed. i'm sorry but i dont see anything that can justify this, be it alpha or not, the least we can expect when there are major updates such as this one is that all maps get the same treatment at the same time. 

22 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

as i thought, nothing usefull to add to my latest post. Nice comm managing. 

4 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

Wildcards maps = The Island, The Center, Scorched Earth.

Wildcard cannot claim The Center as it's own until it gets identical team support as compared to The Island and Scorched Earth. Last I heard, this is more or less impossible because Ben made a lot of changes as he designed it. It is Ben's map and it always has been, Wildcard just happens to be paying him to develop it.

On 8.2.2017 at 11:42 AM, GamerPerfection said:

No offense, but while what you say is true, it seems like you fail to see the point of most people in this thread, and just repeat your "you have some, and somewhen later you will have all" phrase.

All of us have been waiting for months/weeks and eagerly awaiting the new patch/content, soaking up all bits of news and announcements we could get until it finally dropped. Now, not only is the new content buggy as hell (element not always drops, players kicked out of arena too quickly, etc pp), finding out that only 1 out of 3 maps is actually getting the full content kind of feels like a huge letdown (at least for me). The center arena even features two bosses at once, something you dont have on theisland to get yout tek tier. 

Now to make it even worse, there even is no official announcement of when the new content will also be available on the other maps, even one week after the patch. I fail to find any hints on the roadmap (http://ark.gamepedia.com/Patch_Notes) and also the devs seem to only imply that we will get it at some point. Meanwhile, at feb 20th patch notes indicate more tek stuff - again only for the island? Why we have no info on that?

Now to the ones suggesting one should "just go to the island" and get your tek tier there, you do actually get that for some people it might not even be possible, right? Event if it was, moving your 20 dinos and your equipment to another server will be cumbersome as hell (dinos will drop saddles so you have to carry them. 20x rex saddle at 20kg = 400kg only saddles, yay). And with people reporting item loss during server transfer this solution is not what I will consider in the first place.

So please, someone at WC make a statement for

• When everyone will be able to play the new content

Because as for me, personally, I am back to checking patch notes every day until I find a note like "Center map updated with boss arenas/tek tier".

On 08/02/2017 at 10:42 AM, GamerPerfection said:

Tbh there are numerous ppl citing the same thing....if I was you instead of berating the general public using these forums I would consider changing wording to better reflect a more transparent approach afterall the post wouldn't receive such negativity around its meaning if things were clearer to understand ...however u wish to look at it (whether those who play the Centre receive ALL or some of the Tek Tier but The Island definitely receives all of it) it clearly states that the centre will have the full privilege sometime after the island which imo is appalling...just because that map was designed by someone else other than wildcard...see what I don't understand is when we purchased this game did we waive the right to any transparency on wildcards part? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived