Tek Visor not in game?

LadyDeviedra

Hey fellow survivors,

I recall some time ago Jeremy said that the Tek Visor would be some kind of head piece that would show detailed information on wild creatures when you look at them (i.e their wild stats) while it is equipped - kind of like a more advanced magnifying glass that shows all the stats instead of just the current health and torpor. It is listed in patch note 254 as having already been released but searching around the web, there are no showcase videos of it, it wasn't shown in the Gamestop showcase video done by one of the developers, there's no information on the ARK Wiki of it and as far as I can tell such a thing doesn't exist in game currently. Was it left out of the 254 patch and mistakenly placed in the current patch notes as being released? Or is the Tek Visor now a completely different thing from what the original concept of it was? Any ideas? I can't seem to find any info on it.

9 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Visor was supposed to be an updated, better version of the spyglass. See levels n such of dinos etc.

But not all tek items have been released yet so may be in the next patch.

Thus we come back to the entire point of my first comment where I stated that it's already released according to the patch notes but is nowhere to be seen in game, in showcase videos or the wiki....

@PommerThe Tek Visor and Tek Helmet are two different in-game items, and the modes of the helmet don't have their own item name...

This is straight from the current patch notes list under the released section of the post (you can see this on the patch notes forum topic for PC, I highlighted the Visor in bold):

"v254.0
* New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors. 
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
HairGrowthSpeedMultiplier=1.0

* Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more..."

• Volunteer Moderator
On 2/1/2017 at 6:24 AM, LadyDeviedra said:

Hey fellow survivors,

I recall some time ago Jeremy said that the Tek Visor would be some kind of head piece that would show detailed information on wild creatures when you look at them (i.e their wild stats) while it is equipped - kind of like a more advanced magnifying glass that shows all the stats instead of just the current health and torpor. It is listed in patch note 254 as having already been released but searching around the web, there are no showcase videos of it, it wasn't shown in the Gamestop showcase video done by one of the developers, there's no information on the ARK Wiki of it and as far as I can tell such a thing doesn't exist in game currently. Was it left out of the 254 patch and mistakenly placed in the current patch notes as being released? Or is the Tek Visor now a completely different thing from what the original concept of it was? Any ideas? I can't seem to find any info on it.

You mistake what they meant by detailed information. Detailed information pertains to knowing about creatures within your field of vision (even if obscured by objects) as well as IFF usage, whether they are wild, friend, or foe.

On 03/02/2017 at 9:18 AM, ciabattaroll said:

You mistake what they meant by detailed information. Detailed information pertains to knowing about creatures within your field of vision (even if obscured by objects) as well as IFF usage, whether they are wild, friend, or foe.

That's not what Jeremy said about the Tek Visor in a community digest... I can't recall the number of the digest (I'll update this post and quote him if I find it) but he specifically described it as I have in my first post. It's suggested as a separate thing from the helmet in the patch notes and there's no reference to the helmet's modes being part of the visor anywhere currently...

Edit:

Here, found on Community Crunch 62/Digest 40 (this was not the original digest question regarding the visor, I'm still trying to find that - I think it may have been a Twitter reply):

Survivor, server16ark also asks, “Do you guys ever think you might implement a better version of the Magnifying glass? (One that works at distance, and perhaps gives stat info.)?”

Tek Tier Multi-HUD Visor.

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

Good luck ever getting a Response from WC. You'll probably just get a binary copy/pasted response from Jen or Jat, as that's all they do.:Jerbmad:

I've had responses from them before on things, I appreciate that most of the time they're too busy to respond so I try not to ask. That's why I post here first in case the community can answer my query. Guess I'll keep an eye on their Twitter accounts and find a good time to ask.

Archived