Imprinting and Baby feeding question

mighty

First, when your raising argies you want at least two troughs for each one depending on how long you won't be around (can always fill them with cooked meat,cooked fish meat,or dodo kibble to extend the trough a lot longer. Also make sure you don't have all your other dinos near those argies. Ideally you would be breeding these out of render distance from your main base so that they stay in stasis which consumes a lot less food (anyone know rough percentage?)

To your second point, imprinting improves your stats every time you imprint , and imprinting also gives you a rider bonus if you imprinted (up to 30% attack/defense at 100% imprinting)

i think someone had figured out the calculation came to be that at 100% imprinting the Dino is roughly 2.5 x stronger all around 

so yeah it's worth imprinting if you don't mind losing a little sleep 

Just raised two argies myself this past weekend. Imprinting is a permanent bonus of some percentage. But there is even more of a bonus when the person that imprinted rides it. 

As far as food goes those little suckers eat a lot. For that many id say you need about 3-4 troughs full of raw meat. And place several stacks of cooked meat because it will last a lot longer. Say 6 stacks or so in each trough. That should give you time to get some sleep before you go back to slaving over raw meat. Good luck 

3 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

First, when your raising argies you want at least two troughs for each one depending on how long you won't be around (can always fill them with cooked meat,cooked fish meat,or dodo kibble to extend the trough a lot longer. Also make sure you don't have all your other dinos near those argies. Ideally you would be breeding these out of render distance from your main base so that they stay in stasis which consumes a lot less food (anyone know rough percentage?)

To your second point, imprinting improves your stats every time you imprint , and imprinting also gives you a rider bonus if you imprinted (up to 30% attack/defense at 100% imprinting)

i think someone had figured out the calculation came to be that at 100% imprinting the Dino is roughly 2.5 x stronger all around 

3 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

i had one trough for two argies and got a good 10 hours sleep. I think 2 troughs each is a bit exemcessive 

33 minutes ago, scotte93 said:

i had one trough for two argies and got a good 10 hours sleep. I think 2 troughs each is a bit exemcessive 

Yeah I suppose it might be. I would fill one with cooked meat and the other with raw just for the hell of it but If it's tough to get a lot of meat you could skate by with less for sure especially if you had the birds in stasis 

2 hours ago, scotte93 said:

I've been breeding a bunch of argents lately. This last round I raised 4 and used 1 trough filled with cooked meat only as an emergency back up, which for the most part rotted. On each bird I placed one line cooked meat or 150 and 4 lines raw meat or 400 with a stack of preserving salts. This would last 9-10 hours before they got down to the cooked meat in their inventory. I was imprinting, so with the exception of when I finally needed to sleep, they never really got close to even needing a trough.

16 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Anyone know how much dodo kibble is needed to keep a argent alive through 8 hours? I plan to hatch some this weekend, but spoilage was a major issue last time I bred.

Dodo kibble? Spoilage on said dodo kibble? You don't need dodo kibble (unless it asks for that while imprinting) 

Cheers lads. I didn't think of using cooked but using it now as back up :). I'll get these through to tomorrow and then hatch another 5 eggs see if I get mutations. 

What do u do with the  hatch birds when ur done do u keep breeding from them all then start a cull or give them away when u get mutations or do u kill the lowest baby's and keep the higher levels when they hatch until u get a mutation .

I've been breeding argys for almost a year, theyre the main dinos I breed. I always get them to 100% imprinting so that means I check on them every 3-4 hours, sometimes even every hour if their cares are spaced apart from each other and I refill them everytime. If you're like me who always does 100% imprint, 1 trough should be enough to last 3 babies for 3 hours. They don't even finish it in 3 hours. 3 more argys means another trough. But I never raise more than 4, usually I hatch a diff dino along with them.

38 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Spoilage on meat. Using dodo kibble to hold the baby over longer, so I can sleep/ go to school.

Have never used kibble for breeding. I don't know if that's even an option. But use what we suggested and have plenty of cooked meat in trough and in inventorys. Should last long enough without spoiling for school and bedtime 

8 hours ago, scotte93 said:

Have never used kibble for breeding. I don't know if that's even an option. But use what we suggested and have plenty of cooked meat in trough and in inventorys. Should last long enough without spoiling for school and bedtime 

You can use kibble to feed durring breeding. Im not sure about the value, but the increased spoil timer on kiblle and jerky are a good back up when ur breeding if you also have to have a life. Atm Im raising 2 rexs, 3 spinos, a dire bear, and a trike. Just as a safe measure I leave 3 full troughs of raw meat, 2 troughs of cooked, and some cooked in their inventory. If my base stays in stasis they dont even go through half the meat before I log back in. I was away for about 7 hours earlier and came back they had jusy made it to the cooked meat trough.

21 hours ago, DeZiLL313 said:

You can use kibble to feed durring breeding. Im not sure about the value, but the increased spoil timer on kiblle and jerky are a good back up when ur breeding if you also have to have a life. Atm Im raising 2 rexs, 3 spinos, a dire bear, and a trike. Just as a safe measure I leave 3 full troughs of raw meat, 2 troughs of cooked, and some cooked in their inventory. If my base stays in stasis they dont even go through half the meat before I log back in. I was away for about 7 hours earlier and came back they had jusy made it to the cooked meat trough.

How far away from other people are you that your base stays in a stasis like that for about 7 hours?

Archived