Anybody else think TEK tier is a little to much

MrGerard

The game had a great idea going with trying to survive and taming dinos ext.. now its becoming Call of duty Advanced warfare with exo jump, super sprint lazer beams and heat vision ext...

Cool idea to make an open world FPS real time game."kudos". but don't put that in this game please.!!! 

its probably to late to take it out. so just give us rented servers for PS4 so we can disable it please.!!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imho introducing the tek tier is the worst idea in this game so far.

too much over the top. And don´t give me that "but it´s high end!" stuff... from the first look you only can rech this by dedicating your life to this game... and that´s not how it´s supposed to be... 

It also does not help in the alpha-tribe issue everybody is complaining about. 

honestly i´ve never been more glad to play primiive.

4 hours ago, MrGerard said:

The game had a great idea going with trying to survive and taming dinos ext.. now its becoming Call of duty Advanced warfare with exo jump, super sprint lazer beams and heat vision ext...

Cool idea to make an open world FPS real time game."kudos". but don't put that in this game please.!!! 

its probably to late to take it out. so just give us rented servers for PS4 so we can disable it please.!!!!!

Obviously yes but the developers love Iron Man and will destroy the game to fulfill their dream.

All my friends are leaving the game, it's just primitive servers the only hope now.

This is what happens with the new companies...

I'm on primitive for exactly this reason. I've said this in another topic.

Before I started playing, in my mind, I saw the top level bases looking like English/Scottish/European castles, steel plate armour being the very pinnacle of protection and tamed dino's being very much the exception rather than the norm.

Rocket launchers? Lasers? Iron man suits? When we all woke up naked and cold? Really?

5 minutes ago, MrGerard said:

.....i heard there is talk of some sort of spaceships too.!!! just wow.!!

Oh FFS!!!! you've got to be joking? Please tell me you're having a laugh here.

12 minutes ago, skeeta said:

I'm on primitive for exactly this reason. I've said this in another topic.

Before I started playing, in my mind, I saw the top level bases looking like English/Scottish/European castles, steel plate armour being the very pinnacle of protection and tamed dino's being very much the exception rather than the norm.

Rocket launchers? Lasers? Iron man suits? When we all woke up naked and cold? Really?

Oh FFS!!!! you've got to be joking? Please tell me you're having a laugh here.

lol I poop u not.! I saw it in one of the Youtubers videos when they were talking about the underwater bases and the tek genarator you need for. in the discription for the tek geni, it says used to create oxygen underwater and in a vacuum....

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm holding out hope they it's not completely game breaking. We will see in a week or 2 after people start using it. I can already tell a rifle that shoots 40 lazers in seconds is probably going to be op compared to a rifle. I am probably going to switch to primitive servers if things go horribly wrong. I feel wildcard should provide servers without Tek tier option. I just feels wrong in this game. 

Just now, Captnmorgan said:

I'm holding out hope they it's not completely game breaking. We will see in a week or 2 after people start using it. I can already tell a rifle that shoots 40 lazers in seconds is probably going to be op compared to a rifle. I am probably going to switch to primitive servers if things go horribly wrong. I feel wildcard should provide servers without Tek tier option. I just feels wrong in this game. 

I really do not want to able to punch a Rex to its death.!! i want that feeling of real danger when one spots me and i try and run for my life.!!!

I want that excitement of trying to survive on a hostile island with nothing but my little stone base and my dinos i spent hours taming. i do not want tony stark coming and punching my door down and round house kicking my rex.!!

lol! guys! why you all think Tek geared guys will come and attack ur wooden "base" and kill ur parasaur? just check the wiki first and take a look at how much Tek gear cost! brood mother at medium difficulty have 1.4 million HP and its drop only 25 element. to unlock all tekgrams u must kill all bosses on all difficultyes. even if someone somehow will manage to get all of this.. it won't attack low tribes with that stuff. to maintain Tek gear u must constantly farm bosses cause tek ellement have spoil timer. the dura/armor on tek gear sux. every punch/speed boost etc. costs tek ellement.  

1 hour ago, MrGerard said:

lol I poop u not.! I saw it in one of the Youtubers videos when they were talking about the underwater bases and the tek genarator you need for. in the discription for the tek geni, it says used to create oxygen underwater and in a vacuum....

I have a feeling that the ARK game is going to tell a story quite different than we might expect. Aliens(?) captured all the survivors, so we might have to confront them in space at some point. I have a nagging feeling the bosses on the ARK are not the final ones.

I think for PVP it won't change much. The alpha tribes which are already op will stay op. If they have some new things to hold the others down or come with their 10 giga army, that does not really matter.

For PVE it can be a fun thing, but with fighting the bosses over and over again just to get element to run the things it will soon become more annoying then fun. Not to mention to collect the artifacts over and over again.

Conclusion:

• Alphas will get stronger, but won't really change anything
  • PVE it does not matter except maybe the building station for bigger things to craft
  • little bit too much grinding and farming and collecting artifacts to get the things and to run them

To be perfectly honest, I like the idea of it. Only time will tell how useful it is in every day ARK life. The fact that it's hard to get and has spoil times (which isn't as bad as people think it is) means you don't have to worry too much about alpha tribes abusing smaller tribes with it. 

This was always going to be a thing. They were always going to introduce it. They never once hid that. Luckily if you don't enjoy it, you can always play prim+ or use other mods. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm excited to get my hands on it and just mess around with it though :D

Anybody that thinks that Tek Tier doesn't belong needs to do 2 things. First, research just how far back they wanted to impelement Tek Tier, it's been in the making for a long time and it does not C.O.D or HALO-ify (making it a word, shut up!! :P) the game. Secondly, take a look around your maps, see those big towers that float in the sky? Those are a form of Tek Tier & have been in the game since pretty much day 1. If you don't like Tek, play primitive, as others have suggested, also keep in mind it has only been out for a couple of days and we don't know how powerful it really is, we might find out it's not all that powerful or OP after all & more of a means to have fun or try a different sort of raiding tactic.

Your wood & stone houses are no more safer from the Alpha tribes with Tek, than those without, a good Giga & a few rockets, and that's all she wrote. Those that can get Tek, will, and if you want to stay alive, start adapting. Tek has been in the works for a very long time, grow up and play the survival game and adapt.

Archived