Last night a sever crash made things..interesting.

DaRyuujin

So last night on the PVE EU 192 server the server spotted the first known Giga, it was near quite a few bases and no single tribe wanted to try and take it down despite it being close to some bases so me and my tribe decide "We will tame it we got it!!" so about 10-15 people come to watch us take down the Giga. We take it down then realize HOOREY poop it drops topor like crazy!! So we split up to go hunt, get narcotic, make kibble and so forth. The next thing we know we have people from different tribes dropping off raw prime meat to feed to the Giga. Building fires and boxes for people to donate supplies/cook food at. It was pretty awesome everybody wanted to see that thing tamed instead of wandering around.Everything was going great we were over half way and then...the lag....that lag that doesn't go away and you realize "oh crap..the server just crashed" and boom it went down.

So there goes the server crashing and rolling back...with a KO'ed Giga,..and multiple players/dinos all around him from everybody watching/helping. Lord you want to talk about the panic of getting in before his topor dropped and he woke up and ate everybody was crazy! Everybody that was there fully expected to log in and have lost their lives and multiple dinos. Luckily the person who was right next to it got back into the server mere moments before he woke up!!

Made for a pretty intense night, especially considering right before the Giga was found there was a big Dino claiming that went down from a grieving clan we ran out of the server. We were transporting dinos when the Giga was found and had to scramble to drop them off and then get/make everything needed to take it down before it started taking out bases.

Our server is slowly getting better, we have been trying to work with a few tribes to get everyone to build bases on pillars and trying our best to protect the metal and other resource spawns and such. Unfortunately our volcano was sabotaged, multiple tribes placed bases that they never use just to kill the metal spawns there :( 

That's why I kind of wish there was some kind of moderation system for PVE servers because I see placing a base somewhere not to use it but solely to block a spawn is a type of grieving, but thats a whole different topic.

6 hours ago, DaRyuujin said:

Our server is slowly getting better, we have been trying to work with a few tribes to get everyone to build bases on pillars and trying our best to protect the metal and other resource spawns and such. Unfortunately our volcano was sabotaged, multiple tribes placed bases that they never use just to kill the metal spawns there :( 

That's why I kind of wish there was some kind of moderation system for PVE servers because I see placing a base somewhere not to use it but solely to block a spawn is a type of grieving, but thats a whole different topic.

Sorry, FNG here, whats this about pillars and resources?  

8 hours ago, LokiTDD said:

Sorry, FNG here, whats this about pillars and resources?  

Foundations will essentially stop resource (wood, metal, oil etc) and dino's from spawning in an area around it. So say a mountain top has a ton of metal that spawns up there if somebody built a house up there on foundation that metal wouldn't re-spawn as long as that house is there. Same goes for a single foundation it will break spawns around it.

We have found that pillars however do not break spawns on their own or if they do the area in which it does is MUCH smaller. This is why some people have placed pillars near important resource spawns, that way the pillar prevents other people from building near it but don't destroy the spawns.

I can't find any solid information on just what breaks a spawn and what each things radius is so I can't say 100% if building a house on pillars/ceilings and leaving out foundations helps but it sure seems that way to everyone I play with and a few others on our server.

17 hours ago, Squislaiden said:

Building a pillar inside of where a resource spawns prevents it from respawning. As well, placing a ceiling on top of the pillar or building a foundation stops all spawns within range of it.

11 hours ago, DaRyuujin said:

Foundations will essentially stop resource (wood, metal, oil etc) and dino's from spawning in an area around it. So say a mountain top has a ton of metal that spawns up there if somebody built a house up there on foundation that metal wouldn't re-spawn as long as that house is there. Same goes for a single foundation it will break spawns around it.

We have found that pillars however do not break spawns on their own or if they do the area in which it does is MUCH smaller. This is why some people have placed pillars near important resource spawns, that way the pillar prevents other people from building near it but don't destroy the spawns.

I can't find any solid information on just what breaks a spawn and what each things radius is so I can't say 100% if building a house on pillars/ceilings and leaving out foundations helps but it sure seems that way to everyone I play with and a few others on our server.

Cheers

Wow all I've gotten from a server crash was unlimited stamina for 45 seconds while riding my raptor. 

I thought I discovered a bug or glitch, even had xbox record it for proof and then crash.... on a beach...with titanoboas, sarcos, and crazy dragonflies. 

I frantically spammed to rejoin, get back in. Heart pounding rapidly, I had just done about 5 beacon drop runs and my raptor held very very valuable blueprints and gear for my tribe. 

I get back in after 3 minutes of trying to rejoin, wake up on the beach. My raptor and some turtles are going to town on some sarcos, with dead snake bodies littering the beach. I jump in, kill off everything remaining....my raptor passes out not even 10 seconds into me killing the last sarco. 

Best server crash memory ever!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:50 AM, Darmaniac said:

that would of never hapen in PvP. Why help another tribe tame a Giga and destroy your base after ? not gonna hapen :)

That's too bad that folks have this impression... I play only on PvP and we group tame a lot! Free prime drops and narco drops are common if you welcome them (folks always ask first). Some of the PvP servers are really good communities run by alpha tribes that are essentially tribe alliances before tribe alliances are introduced. Official 364 is a great place to start if you are new and wanting to get to know the game and not get raided by jerks. We wipe the folks who pick on new players :)

Archived