Ovis breeding

DinoDash

It says they're not breedable, but given that the patch is only a day old and the wiki is a little slow to update its info, I'd try it out yourself or just wait to see if the Wiki changes info soon. I haven't personally checked because I've been a bit timed-limited these past few days, and sheep doing the dirty isn't near the top of my priority list

I bred some of  my Ovis i must say these guys need to grow faster .

Because : they are very rare in the wild  and they serve as a livestock .

For something that beg the survivor to butcher them to get the meat the baby should grow fast , like 1 day fast or something .

From the length of the bar and how slow it progress i can say the current Ovis need at least 3 days to fully grown .

To be fair. Sheep gestation in real life is incredibly long and it does take significant amounts of time for the lamb to reach maturity (from IRL experience). That being said long maturation times? What else is new in the ark. 

Where'd you find the little buggers. I'be searched all over and have found diddly. 

4 hours ago, TR-8R said:

I bred some of  my Ovis i must say these guys need to grow faster .

Because : they are very rare in the wild  and they serve as a livestock .

For something that beg the survivor to butcher them to get the meat the baby should grow fast , like 1 day fast or something .

From the length of the bar and how slow it progress i can say the current Ovis need at least 3 days to fully grown .

Did your sheep give you a baby or just play the animation and no baby? 

1 hour ago, BlindMole said:

simply breeding like ankylo or something..

just got a baby, which also fallen throught floor like ghost, keep females on clear ground to avoid lose them, they have very low ammounts of hp and can die quick. My 138 babie got just 50 hp...

http://c2n.me/3H3DZSd.png

Yeah, my lamb has very low health too and she gains weight very slowly, but at least she didn't fall through the world.

Tried taking a screenshot of both of us, but you can barely see her. xD

mMpr3gg.jpg

And Sally looks a bit hungry in the background... I better move little Eve I think...

• 1 month later...

I killed a baby sheep last night with a pike it gave me 5 mutton and 5 prime, that was directly after birth. The ovis seems to require five hours for baby stage and idk after that. It also seems that they do eat alot of berries. FYI    ALSO it says its going to be two days before it can mate again. Idk if thats the case everytime or just sometimes. 

Archived