Element Drop Rates

CTMalum

This is correct. Until further notice The Center only has one boss arena and no option to choose difficulty settings. On both The Island and Scorched Earth you have the option to choose the difficulty - with the rewards being greater the more difficult the settings. I tested the Manticore boss on hard on Scorched Earth and it dropped 190 element each time. On the center the boss only dropped 12 element.

As I understand it so far each boss on each setting unlocks specific engrams - so repeating the same boss will not unlock any new engrams the second time. I hope this helps some.

6 minutes ago, BrandonTN said:

This is correct. Until further notice The Center only has one boss arena and no option to choose difficulty settings. On both The Island and Scorched Earth you have the option to choose the difficulty - with the rewards being greater the more difficult the settings. I tested the Manticore boss on hard on Scorched Earth and it dropped 190 element each time. On the center the boss only dropped 12 element.

As I understand it so far each boss on each setting unlocks specific engrams - so repeating the same boss will not unlock any new engrams the second time. I hope this helps some.

It does help, and also sounds quite miserable.

22 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Is element in the bosses' bodies or is it given to each person in the arena? Just want to know if the element is split fairly.

It's on the boss' corpse, so if you fail to get to the corpse and loot it before your 30 seconds are up, too bad. It also is not split up; how you split it up is something you and your allies who fought with you have to discuss.

49 minutes ago, CTMalum said:

Also want to know this.  Nobody has really made it clear how you obtain it after you kill the bosses.

What happened to the early days of just doing something in-game to find out for yourself? The internet/google/forums has ruined gaming. Everything is laid out in front of people these days. Look at the recipes in ARK. Why even have them? You just look on the WIKI anyway. It's the same for taming, kibble, etc.

14 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

What happened to the early days of just doing something in-game to find out for yourself? The internet/google/forums has ruined gaming. Everything is laid out in front of people these days. Look at the recipes in ARK. Why even have them? You just look on the WIKI anyway. It's the same for taming, kibble, etc.

Well you don't have to read the forums or the wiki. I play with someone who never reads them. He is constantly surprised by things I've never done but know how they work. He was trying to tame a Megalosaurus. He was surprised that it woke up at dusk. Then later they tried to keep it awake during the day and it passed out from torpor.

What could have been a few ARK day tame turned in to a huge adventure for him. I suppose he enjoys that, I would have just found it annoying to not know all that stuff in advance. He did lose one he was taming also because he didn't know how it worked.

He also went into the boss arena to try and kill a Mantacore. He lost one wyvern, in addition to 4 others that other players brought. 

To tame a wyvern it is 4 days out of your life. I would never risk them without some idea of how to succeed. But some would.

Another way to look at the wiki, is someone is going to know this stuff. If there is no wiki, then the advantage goes to those that know the right people. How fair is that? This levels the playing field.

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

Well you don't have to read the forums or the wiki. I play with someone who never reads them. He is constantly surprised by things I've never done but know how they work. He was trying to tame a Megalosaurus. He was surprised that it woke up at dusk. Then later they tried to keep it awake during the day and it passed out from torpor.

What could have been a few ARK day tame turned in to a huge adventure for him. I suppose he enjoys that, I would have just found it annoying to not know all that stuff in advance. He did lose one he was taming also because he didn't know how it worked.

He also went into the boss arena to try and kill a Mantacore. He lost one wyvern, in addition to 4 others that other players brought. 

To tame a wyvern it is 4 days out of your life. I would never risk them without some idea of how to succeed. But some would.

Another way to look at the wiki, is someone is going to know this stuff. If there is no wiki, then the advantage goes to those that know the right people. How fair is that? This levels the playing field.

Not reading the wiki is unfortunately not something that works. There are a million other players that do, so you basically have to shut yourself out from the multiplayer community in order to make it work. Coming from someone who was gaming when you couldn't find answers on the internet very easily, it was much, much more exciting. I congratulate your friend but I find it impossible not to be spoiled, etc. In regards to risking things, I think people have lost the meaning of a survival game. It's all about losing things.

17 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

Because I have weeks to wait before I get the tek tier, and by then, like you've said, all of my competitors are going to know the answers to these questions as well.

13 hours ago, Thalantyr said:

Not reading the wiki is unfortunately not something that works. There are a million other players that do, so you basically have to shut yourself out from the multiplayer community in order to make it work. Coming from someone who was gaming when you couldn't find answers on the internet very easily, it was much, much more exciting. I congratulate your friend but I find it impossible not to be spoiled, etc. In regards to risking things, I think people have lost the meaning of a survival game. It's all about losing things.

I would disagree. Its about the RISK of losing things. Losing things is a failure, surviving is a success. People dont like losing.

Archived