v254 - What was the special surprise?

pursegcn

8 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

But only for scorched earth as far as I remember. Maybe they spawned it on the island just for the spotlight. Don't know. I'm gonna get into the game and search the engrams in the next couple of minutes.

You can craft mirror on Scorched Earth and transfer it to The Island with no problems.

4 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

You can craft mirror on Scorched Earth and transfer it to The Island with no problems.

Does the mirror work the same as it does on the new videos and actually show your reflection?  I don't have one, but I've only seen older videos where the mirror didn't actually work like I saw recently.

23 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

I have no answer to the question. I'm just a Moderator, not a Dev.

Apologies gp I was in a bad place my remark was uncalled for! It was the joke tho right? The only place the word surprise is mentioned in the patch thread is about the new ambush creature?? 

I'm mildly confused to say the least ?

12 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

I was never under the impression that there was a "Special Surprise" for PC. It's only for consoles, to my memory, which leads me to believe it either has to do with server hosting or with a new official mod.

The same line "a new secret feature" was added to the last pc patch notes!

I'm fairly sure it was the week long 1.5x event since Jat said on twitter that consoles would get the same treat when our content patch drops.

The evol event is a great way to ease the burdens imposed on players with each patch, namely the new and unexpected bugs that seem to always spring up and seem to require numerous patches within a short time after release to fix.  There's been what, 4 hot fixes already since the patch dropped?  Not sure as I'm on xbox.

Archived