tek tier Solo Boss recommendations

s710

With the TEK tier stuff requiring boss fights, I am now (as many people probably) in the situation that I need to do boss fights for the first time.

The problem is, I am playing mostly solo. Will this still be doable, or should I really try to get 1-2 friends supporting? I have no experience with boss fights at all.

Can you maybe recommend boss fights which I could do solo with the recommended dino setup?

I am playing on a private server with the max dino level 203. Will this mean the boss levels can be higher too?

You can beat the Broodmother solo. Easiest way is probably just get 10 high level Rexes which you manually levelled ~50 times. 500% Melee and 10-15K health are enough to beat the Broodmother. High-tier saddles and consummables help you. battle Tartar on Rexes. Healing Brew and maybe Enduro Stew for you. If you have a high tier sniper/assault rifle, help your Rexes.

People recomment Turtles for tanking, you might combine Turtles and Rexes. I despise turtles and never use them. Raw power and rexes still can tank a lot if levelled correctly.

If you can get more people into the fight and they all use imprinted dinos this will be even easier.

There is a limit to the amount of dinos and players and a limit to dinos drag weight. You can see every information here: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas

Last time I did the Arena without preparation and high-tier saddles or firearms I lost 1 Rex and every other one was pretty low on health. And every Rex had 10-12K health with 480-500% melee.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

There is a limit to the amount of dinos and players and a limit to dinos drag weight. You can see every information here: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Boss_Arenas

Last time I did the Arena without preparation and high-tier saddles or firearms I lost 1 Rex and every other one was pretty low on health. And every Rex had 10-12K health with 480-500% melee.

How much armor did your saddles have?

• 9 months later...

Again I'm commenting on older threads but whats the point of making the same topic with the same name again? Sorry for necro-ing.. That's apparently all steam forums can talk about and its punishable by death.......

So I'm in a solo Tribe on a unofficial server. Doubt Ill get help so need to solo some bosses soon since I've already been marked and raided twice since I've started by some idiot tribe.

I got lucky and stole level 500 rex eggs from someones base in stealth mode. Got decent stats a male and female. Level 500, around 600-700 melee, 35k hp. (I do have one spayed female with 57k hp and 900 mellee) .

So potentially I could have a good Rex army.  I also have some Therizinos as well. They're still weaker but I'm busy breeding and mutating ect.  Around 15k hp and 600 melee. Unfortunately I only have stock saddles for both.. 

The Therizinos move a lot better. Should I level them a bit and use them and maybe 2 Rexes or what would be good combination you guys reckon? and which bosses? Ill google some guides first since I have no idea how to do these bosses or locations so must first check walkthroughs anyways

4 minutes ago, Sorca said:

Again I'm commenting on older threads but whats the point of making the same topic with the same name again? Sorry for necro-ing.. That's apparently all steam forums can talk about and its punishable by death.......

So I'm in a solo Tribe on a unofficial server. Doubt Ill get help so need to solo some bosses soon since I've already been marked and raided twice since I've started by some idiot tribe.

I got lucky and stole level 500 rex eggs from someones base in stealth mode. Got decent stats a male and female. Level 500, around 600-700 melee, 35k hp. (I do have one spayed female with 57k hp and 900 mellee) .

So potentially I could have a good Rex army.  I also have some Therizinos as well. They're still weaker but I'm busy breeding and mutating ect.  Around 15k hp and 600 melee. Unfortunately I only have stock saddles for both.. 

The Therizinos move a lot better. Should I level them a bit and use them and maybe 2 Rexes or what would be good combination you guys reckon? and which bosses? Ill google some guides first since I have no idea how to do these bosses or locations so must first check walkthroughs anyways

Leveling them is never a bad thing.
The higher you can pump your melee damage, the faster the fight will be going.
Out of experience, you will need something better than the stock saddle for them. Try to at least get a journeyman, as the increased armor will make a huge difference.

We did a test with 19 wild tamed Therizinosaur using stock saddles and using the Journeyman saddles.
The stock-saddle ones got decimated on Gamma dragon, the Journeyman ones took down dragon with some losses, so the difference in armor is important.

Veggie cakes!
5 on each Therizino minimum.

As for bosses, with good preparation you can take them all on, but I recommend on doing Broodmother - monkey - Dragon in that order, starting with gamma, beta alpha.
That way you can ramp up the difficulty step by step and see when you start struggling, giving you time to recover, increase stats, saddles and cake production.

Best of luck ;)

38 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Out of experience, you will need something better than the stock saddle for them. Try to at least get a journeyman, as the increased armor will make a huge difference.

We did a test with 19 wild tamed Therizinosaur using stock saddles and using the Journeyman saddles.
The stock-saddle ones got decimated on Gamma dragon, the Journeyman ones took down dragon with some losses, so the difference in armor is important.

Veggie cakes!

As for bosses, with good preparation you can take them all on, but I recommend on doing Broodmother - monkey - Dragon in that order, starting with gamma, beta alpha.
That way you can ramp up the difficulty step by step and see when you start struggling, giving you time to recover, increase stats, saddles and cake production.

Best of luck ;)

Thanks Olivar^^. noted

On 2017-11-29 at 4:59 AM, Olivar said:

Veggie cakes!

Best of luck ;)

I see the use of veggie cake. What about the rexes do you put raw meat for meat or it does not matter for the rexes?

Brood(You can solo this)

• Gamma

20 rexxes 20k HP-450 Melee-(45+ Armor Saddles on them all) -You could swap a Rex out for a Yut but it is a bit over kill on Gamma -Daeodons are NOT needed*(see below)

• Beta

20 rexxes 30k HP-600 Melee-(60+ Armor Saddles on them all) -You could swap a Rex out for a Yut -Daeodons are NOT needed*(see below)

• Alpha

20 rexxes 40k HP-900 Melee-(90+ Armor Saddles on them all) -You could swap a Rex out for a Yut -Daeodons are NOT needed*(see below)

Megapithecus(You can solo this)

• Gamma

19 rexxes 20k HP-450 Melee-(45+ Armor Saddles on them all) 1 Yut(You ride and Buff!) 10k+HP-4K stam (Any saddle would work) -Daeodons are NOT needed*(see below)

• Beta

19 rexxes 25k HP-575 Melee-(55+ Armor Saddles on them all) 1 Yut(You ride and Buff!) 15k+HP-4K stam (Any saddle would work) -Daeodons are NOT needed*(see below)

• Alpha

19 rexxes 35k HP-875 Melee-(90+ Armor Saddles on them all) 1 Yut(You ride and Buff!) 20k+HP-4K stam (Any saddle would work, Just dont get hit much) -Daeodons are NOT needed*(see below)

See Below Daeodons are really not needed if your Rexxes have the stats. It is just a DPS race really, for Brood and Monkey. Sure you could bring them to fights if you are a tribe of 4+. However, it is a DPS loss for sure, as it NEEDS to be ridden to be effective. With that said.. It is needed for Dragon!

I posted this a while Ago after they made the boss stats Static and did a bunch of testing (Pre and post 265). You can solo all the bosses on the Island, SE and Rag. Those stats I posted are what I would recommend for the Island bosses as of current build.  

8 hours ago, Danouk said:

I see the use of veggie cake. What about the rexes do you put raw meat for meat or it does not matter for the rexes?

Doesn't matter for the rexes.
You can normally force-feed meat the predators to heal them up, but.....

1. You don't have time for that in a boss fight
  2. If you need to heal your rexes like that in any fight, you're pretty much done for.

From personal experience I would suggest having a friend or an ally with you just in case you get a disconnect. It happened to me quite a few times to get a disconnect while entering the boss arenas and the only thing that saved my dinos was my friend who didn't get a disconnect. Even though that doesn't happen very often it is a risk worth considering. :)

On 12/3/2017 at 3:20 PM, snkart said:

From personal experience I would suggest having a friend or an ally with you just in case you get a disconnect. It happened to me quite a few times to get a disconnect while entering the boss arenas and the only thing that saved my dinos was my friend who didn't get a disconnect. Even though that doesn't happen very often it is a risk worth considering. :)

I second this. Happened to me once. What was even crazier, was that I did have a friend with me, and we both had power outages at the same time, and we live on opposite sides of the planet.....

*cue the x-files theme*

Awesome advice guys.

Just to make things clear this is obviously unofficial hence the high stats.

Well I cant find good saddles for my Therizinos yet. On the other hand I found Ascendant  Rex blueprint with 157 armor so  once I've saved the 50k+ metal and after i finished my base to some extent I will make them. Theres a guy on our server with almost full pumped crafting so he can push 300def saddles. I am about to level so perhaps could restat and pump all full in crafting then make all my saddles and restat again once i leveled?

On top of that a older big tribe was raided and hasn't been back online. I sneaked in and while his OP Rexes are on wander they drop fertilized eggs.. .Not sure how he gained that stats probably with the S+ mutator but I now have 20+ Rexes. They're born with 46k hp and 600-700 melee so easy to gain super stats.. I'm talking about around +60 and highest i think +76 on some stats. 

He has some Yutis with 50k+ hp but not on wander though.. (Also Quetzals with 80k hp like DILO? 0_o). Ill get me a Yuti just to mount something in the boss fight. So I guess I got lucky fast with some decent Rexes by scavenging remains of raided bases:) Were not allowed to kill passives hence the dino's still remains

Archived