WildCard has said: We hate small tribes

Cucharon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31.1.2017 at 10:10 AM, seXikanac said:

Problem with the ARK is it trys to be similar to Ogame or Travian, and those games can be played from browser even on your phone, yet ARK can be only played from game dedicated machine. That's why same PvP mechanic can't be implemented in ARK.

Tell me, do you have different difficulty instances in WoW or players on low lever are pray for high level players and tribes from very beginning?

Your argument makes no sense at all, how does availability translate into pvp balance? Someone playing Clash of Clans for 16 hours a day will inevitably have an advantage over someone who plays it while commuting to work, same for any game really.

Yes, bigger tribes have an advantage no one is denying that, and yes, the bigger tribes will probably get their hands on tek tier long before a lone wolf. I don't see this as a problem for a number of reasons.

1) Most of it seemed to be player gear anyways, so i'd wager a guy in a tech suit would still be rekt by another guy on a rex

2) It seems to involve a great deal of farming, not just killing bosses

3) If you are worried about the big tribes getting all the cool toys, join a big tribe

4) If you are worried about big tribes killing you, play pve. Besides, alpha tribes already squashes smaller tribes, this won't change anything

5) If you start handing out the best gear left and right then you quikly reach the summit or "beat it" and then the game quickly becomes boring

Edit: I guess the only way to solve this from the devs side, would be that the bosses scaled with the number of people in the arena and gave out loot accordingly. 

It would be very interesting if the Ark gods presented us with zones of nonconflict (PvE), but areas with rich resources would be in conflict zones (PvP).

Another cool thing would be an area where players of similiar level could challenge themselves and show the ark gods who deserve their best gifts.

Or maybe it's too much RP and would be better simply set up an unofficial server that works like this. Lol

On 1/30/2017 at 6:54 AM, Cucharon said:

If you want to build something with tek tier, you need element and engrams.

In order to obtain both of them you need to kill a boss.

Wait, a boss?

Yeah, and even having the engram, if you want to get element, you need to defeat the boss.

WAIT, but, are you saying that a small tribe has to defeat, no one but several bosses?

Yeah, and it is even funier, because looks like the element can't be fransfered, so a small tribe, living in scorched earth has to defead THE MANTICORE.

Wait wait... it is impossible, how is goign WildCard to produce this. This means an indirect banning of small tribes, because they will be destroyed by the big tribes that can afford defeat bosses.

Yeah, and this is the true. Wild card is saying bye bye to small tribes, and doing this is destroying Ark.

This is the end of ARK, this time, even I am saying this is the ending. And everyone know that I defended WC a lot of times. But I can't defend if WC does something against small tribes, not this time.

this game is centered around the idea of you need to work your way up and make friends in order to survive. it sucks but its entirely possible. i have been wiped more than my fair share but i have made friends along the way which i frequently team up with whether its for defending, attacking, or just task that require more people. get out there and make some friends. dont be surprised if a survival game continues adding things that require end game items to need more people

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/31/2017 at 2:58 AM, vargata said:

yeah, minions will never understand it. you know, there are other means of pvp, not only powercreep. the best ones are ranked pvp where you can only fight of similar level enemies or pve-p system where you play in a safe pve territory and enter pvp arena or battleground for pvp. none of these versions would allow zergs to troll newbies. nobody would care of alpha tribes as alphas could only fight alphas (but the kiddos would insta cry that they want their chanceless targets back) while casuals would fight other casuals. yes, alpha tribes and all the powercreep are the cancer of ark. and you can be happy, knowing wc it isnt going to change

I don't think any of those systems you mentioned are applied in any survival sandbox games. Maybe in MMOrpgs though.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:54 AM, Cucharon said:

If you want to build something with tek tier, you need element and engrams.

In order to obtain both of them you need to kill a boss.

Wait, a boss?

Yeah, and even having the engram, if you want to get element, you need to defeat the boss.

WAIT, but, are you saying that a small tribe has to defeat, no one but several bosses?

Yeah, and it is even funier, because looks like the element can't be fransfered, so a small tribe, living in scorched earth has to defead THE MANTICORE.

Wait wait... it is impossible, how is goign WildCard to produce this. This means an indirect banning of small tribes, because they will be destroyed by the big tribes that can afford defeat bosses.

Yeah, and this is the true. Wild card is saying bye bye to small tribes, and doing this is destroying Ark.

This is the end of ARK, this time, even I am saying this is the ending. And everyone know that I defended WC a lot of times. But I can't defend if WC does something against small tribes, not this time.

Wait wait you mean tribes with more people who put more time into the game will be more powerful and have more stuff?!?!! 

Man who would of thought....

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

I don't think any of those systems you mentioned are applied in any survival sandbox games. Maybe in MMOrpgs though.

ark just wish to be a sandbox survival game but anywhere over lvl5 its just a tower defense pvp. and those systems could benefit ANY pvp games no matter if survival, tower def, mmo, shooter or whatever.

I don't think the problem is tek tier. 

Arks issue is officials, and the lack of good stable servers for people to rent on either of the consoles.

I recently left official. Was alpha, had three servers. We went from peaceful to very aggressive very quickly. When ark opened up transfers, that was when the problem started. Too many nights random trolls bring gigas n dragons, too many "don't sleep or we will transfer and wipe you". We wiped servers, we wiped big tribes, small tribes, medium tribes. Didn't matter. Anyone could be hiding those trolls that we keep seeing log in every two minutes(transferring supplies, Dino's, explosives).

WC has tailor made current official ark, for trolls. Whether its trolls at alpha level. Or those quiet guys in that stone hut. You never know. 

However. You mix trolls (due to cross ark) and add the time investment some of these people have on their bases.......yeah they are going to insure their tribes 10000 combined hours are safe, and I don't blame them. We all put in hard work.

You guys look at alphas as evil, n say out yourself in my position as a beta or stone tier tribe. But how often do you put yourselves in their position. Sitting on all that loot, those hours, bred generations of Dino's.

Yeah some alphas are tools. Complete d bags whose only intent is to wipe anything that moves, however the fair ones, they had to adjust. I've read people who were friendly alphas, didn't block drops, helped tribes.....yeah let's see some hands to show how many of them survived while still being very nice. Don't worry I'll wait.........yeah nice tribes had to adapt or be steam rolled.

The problem isn't tek, it isn't alphas, its cross ark transfer, a feature @Jathimself said he would never do to officials. Its toxic, it will kill the game. New players can't start fresh as no map, server, even new ones, will truly be the fresh some of us first day players remember.

Solution. Make all servers a cluster. Half ORP half not. Or make about 500 more cluster servers. Ark was ment to be clustered, its the best idea. Someone from server 200 wants to wipe server 201. Cool, come build up n try it. On the same server, where its fair and can be seen coming.

Again, tek isn't bad, alphas are not bad, ark isn't broken. The current state of cross ark is the whole problem. Take it from a guy who has played since day 1, followed since before release, and just left officials without being wiped, and has had more fun and actual PvP on dedicated.

Sorry for the book(s), I love ark, hate what they did to officials n what it made our tribe become. Good luck

#fixcrossark

If prim + allowed boss fights, the two-man tribe I'm half of would have little to no problem taking on bosses.

Sure, tek tier doesn't connect to prim +, but the point I'm getting at Is, if we were on a vanilla server with the same tames we have, no problem.

Small tribes CAN take on the bosses, this thread is just the beating same old 'alpha tribes r bad' dead equus.

2 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

If prim + allowed boss fights, the two-man tribe I'm half of would have little to no problem taking on bosses.

Sure, tek tier doesn't connect to prim +, but the point I'm getting at Is, if we were on a vanilla server with the same tames we have, no problem.

Small tribes CAN take on the bosses, this thread is just the beating same old 'alpha tribes r bad' dead equus.

Sure, I play PVE, so really no alpha tribe except in somebody's imagination :D

I pretty much agree, Tek Tier is another feature designed with the alpha tribe in mind. Sure a tribe of one could kill a boss, but that is like one guy's 3 months of work (assuming he plays like 15 hours a week, not a no lifer). If he makes a mistake and dies or doesn't bring enough dinos or the wrong dinos, then it is 3 more months before he tries it again. The element he gets might not even be enough to make anything and it might all decay before the guy can get more to make the engram's he has. I can imagine it taking 6 months or more for this one man tribe to get all the tek engrams.

I'm not doing anything tek tier until this thing all stabilizes, maybe waiting 3 more months. I'm even in one of the largest tribes on my scorched server, but losing a wyvern or two each time we do a boss fight doesn't appeal to me. I lost too much sleep taming them to risk losing them now.

19 hours ago, CriD said:

Arks issue is officials, and the lack of good stable servers for people to rent on either of the consoles.

I recently left official. Was alpha, had three servers. We went from peaceful to very aggressive very quickly. When ark opened up transfers, that was when the problem started. Too many nights random trolls bring gigas n dragons, too many "don't sleep or we will transfer and wipe you". We wiped servers, we wiped big tribes, small tribes, medium tribes. Didn't matter. Anyone could be hiding those trolls that we keep seeing log in every two minutes(transferring supplies, Dino's, explosives).

WC has tailor made current official ark, for trolls. Whether its trolls at alpha level. Or those quiet guys in that stone hut. You never know. 

However. You mix trolls (due to cross ark) and add the time investment some of these people have on their bases.......yeah they are going to insure their tribes 10000 combined hours are safe, and I don't blame them. We all put in hard work.

You guys look at alphas as evil, n say out yourself in my position as a beta or stone tier tribe. But how often do you put yourselves in their position. Sitting on all that loot, those hours, bred generations of Dino's.

Yeah some alphas are tools. Complete d bags whose only intent is to wipe anything that moves, however the fair ones, they had to adjust. I've read people who were friendly alphas, didn't block drops, helped tribes.....yeah let's see some hands to show how many of them survived while still being very nice. Don't worry I'll wait.........yeah nice tribes had to adapt or be steam rolled.

The problem isn't tek, it isn't alphas, its cross ark transfer, a feature @Jathimself said he would never do to officials. Its toxic, it will kill the game. New players can't start fresh as no map, server, even new ones, will truly be the fresh some of us first day players remember.

Solution. Make all servers a cluster. Half ORP half not. Or make about 500 more cluster servers. Ark was ment to be clustered, its the best idea. Someone from server 200 wants to wipe server 201. Cool, come build up n try it. On the same server, where its fair and can be seen coming.

Again, tek isn't bad, alphas are not bad, ark isn't broken. The current state of cross ark is the whole problem. Take it from a guy who has played since day 1, followed since before release, and just left officials without being wiped, and has had more fun and actual PvP on dedicated.

Sorry for the book(s), I love ark, hate what they did to officials n what it made our tribe become. Good luck

#fixcrossark

Finally, someone who is able to see the true cancer of ark. Now, I've never made it a secret that I hate Tek Tier with a strong passion, but that's an entirely different topic. The real problem with official servers is cross ark transfers and, to some point, the lack of proper ORP. Like @CriD said, devs are going back on their own word by allowing cross ark transfers on official servers, which are falling to hacking and duping Chinese zerg tribes, one after another. Making every official server into clusters (Island + Center + SE + one of each future DLC maps) is the best solution to keep the game playable for anyone who isnt a part of a zerg tribe. ORP, on the other hand, is also needed for a real PvP mode, since without it, PvP is not much of a "Player versus Player", but "Player versus Offline enemy base and dinos" instead. ORP could be implemented in different ways from full protection to a partial one (I'm not going to copy-paste my ORP suggestions from an older topic on this forum for sake of keeping this thread clean, but I can give the link to that post if someone is interested). And as for combat in PvP, Arena Servers are what I'm recommending. Similar to entering boss arenas, a tribe or an alliance will take their gear and dinos, then queue for servers which allow a small number of people, have limited area and little to no resources on them. After a short prep time, they'll fight against each other and the winner will get a chest full of sweet loot as well as points to rise in the ladder. Yes, if devs truly want to make this game a competitive one, a ladder and even tier system is required to show the ranking of each tribe/alliance. That way, tribes will also strive to make it to the leaderboards, instead of pointlessly wiping entire servers, blocking resources with so many turrets that they will cause players to dc when they enter their render distance, and moving on to new servers to rinse and repeat.

I've heard of people doing it solo with 5 good wyverns set to attack my target, just make sure to enable AI special attack and they will basically fly around and you could sit back as shoot at it. although now that I think about it he took his really good rex as well to take care of the death worms and stay alive a little longer but he lost 2 wyverns

On 2/1/2017 at 5:52 PM, CriD said:

#fixcrossark

Yes cross ark is a very bad problem. They only thing is disagree with you on is that you said ark isn't broken. It is broken because cross ark made it that way.

as I had pointed out earlier in another post an easy, very easy solution is as you said make more clusters. Or even some servers that just don't connect to any others like the old days. Of course some people won't like that. The bad people. They know that nobody wants to play with them and wildcard knows that if they did that all the super tribes and megas would complain because nobody would be on their servers. And that would serve them right for acting the way they do.

lets just let them be the kings of a dead server because that's all they deserve.

Archived