WildCard has said: We hate small tribes

Cucharon

If you want to build something with tek tier, you need element and engrams.

In order to obtain both of them you need to kill a boss.

Wait, a boss?

Yeah, and even having the engram, if you want to get element, you need to defeat the boss.

WAIT, but, are you saying that a small tribe has to defeat, no one but several bosses?

Yeah, and it is even funier, because looks like the element can't be fransfered, so a small tribe, living in scorched earth has to defead THE MANTICORE.

Wait wait... it is impossible, how is goign WildCard to produce this. This means an indirect banning of small tribes, because they will be destroyed by the big tribes that can afford defeat bosses.

Yeah, and this is the true. Wild card is saying bye bye to small tribes, and doing this is destroying Ark.

This is the end of ARK, this time, even I am saying this is the ending. And everyone know that I defended WC a lot of times. But I can't defend if WC does something against small tribes, not this time.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rororoxor said:

You don't need a huge tribe to defeat bosses. 2-3 people should do the trick.

Truth.
My tribe has 3 members.
We have a lot of tactics to defeat Manticores.
This means to lose several good dinos by doing so. But it is possible. It´s harder. Verything in life is harder in small groups. Big groups have a lot more chances to suceed. But that doesn´t mean small groups can´t be geniuses too.
But it will be harder.
And instead of complaining in the forum, @Cucharon should watch some videos, some of them made byt the Devs themselves before spit out nonsense like this.

You can make several complains about big tribes. They can CLOSE Obelisks, they can raid you easily if you are not strong enough, they can farm, build and tame faster, yeah, they got pretty good advantages, normal advantages of beeing numbered by several people.

But that doesn´t mean you can´t do what they do. You CAN, but it will take you much more time to be able to do so. Watch some videos, open a home server to test tactics with your friends, PLAY, don´t be an ass. Go to study the game. Or go to play another game. Ark is hard. And we like it hard.

8 minutes ago, Ahkram said:

Truth.
My tribe has 3 members.
We have a lot of tactics to defeat Manticores.
This means to lose several good dinos by doing so. But it is possible. It´s harder. Verything in life is harder in small groups. Big groups have a lot more chances to suceed. But that doesn´t mean small groups can´t be geniuses too.
But it will be harder.
And instead of complaining in the forum, @Cucharon should watch some videos, some of them made byt the Devs themselves before spit out nonsense like this.

You can make several complains about big tribes. They can CLOSE Obelisks, they can raid you easily if you are not strong enough, they can farm, build and tame faster, yeah, they got pretty good advantages, normal advantages of beeing numbered by several people.

But that doesn´t mean you can´t do what they do. You CAN, but it will take you much more time to be able to do so. Watch some videos, open a home server to test tactics with your friends, PLAY, don´t be an ass. Go to study the game. Or go to play another game. Ark is hard. And we like it hard.

I would love to see a video of a small tribe defeating Manticore in an official server. Seriously, no sarcasm.

39 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

This is the end of ARK, this time, even I am saying this is the ending. And everyone know that I defended WC a lot of times. But I can't defend if WC does something against small tribes, not this time.

Seriously? Large tribes have always had more power than small tribes. How does this change anything? What game have you ever played where a small group of people has the same advantages as a large group? Also they said that the bosses will have 3 levels of difficulty and as pointed out in previous posts the bosses can be defeated with a small group. Why are you complaining about something that is just being released. Why not wait and see before adding another doom and gloom thread...

Honestly it just makes sense it's harder to do it with a small tribe. Just like everything else in the game, more people = quicker progress. I bet if you name one thing in this game I can counter with a way that more people makes it more efficient. I get what your saying but it's almost common sense. It takes much more work for smaller tribes to be as efficient larger tribes but it is possible.

Yeah, I haven't done it personally but I know you can beat the bosses with less than 3 people. I've only ever had four to five (including myself), and as long as you take the time to prepare, it's really not a big thing. Not sure about a solo kill, but you should definitely be able to take down at least the Broodmother with good Rexes and gear

You can bring in 8 survivors and 10 dinos. Anyone in the bubble can get teleported.  Alliances can go in and alliance dinos don't damage other alliance dinos.  All people in the arena after the win get the rewards.  

There's a lot of other things to complain about when it comes to small tribes but this is not one of them.

14 minutes ago, Brayn said:

You can bring in 8 survivors and 10 dinos. Anyone in the bubble can get teleported.  Alliances can go in and alliance dinos don't damage other alliance dinos.  All people in the arena after the win get the rewards.  

There's a lot of other things to complain about when it comes to small tribes but this is not one of them.

10 total or 10 combined? I am guessing combined, but just in case :)

19 minutes ago, TheLastNerb said:

Really, how does tek tier really make big tribes any stronger? It just makes the uncraftable stuff craftable and gives some cool new armor. If you don't like ark pvp then go play PvE.

It's the utterly illogical and subjective Alpha Tribe hate speech this guy is pushing for weeks. He needs a scapegoat for playstyles that do not please him. People told him multiple times that this games is about adapting one way or the other. If he can't fight Alphas, he should play PvE. He does not care. He insists on the idea that solo or small tribes should be able to compete with Alphas by handicapping Alphas to the ground. Which never gonna happen. Strong tribes will be strong with ot without TEK tier. It's just a reason to have a little bit of credibility while hating.

I don't see the Tek armor as a weapon. More like an utility. You can get faster around, negate fall gamage and defend yourself against smaller dinos without firearms.

The Rex saddle might be strong against low-tier bases, but endgame players will probably deal with it pretty easily. And low-tiers would get raided by a high Rex anyway.

5 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

It's the utterly illogical and subjective Alpha Tribe hate speech this guy is pushing for weeks. He needs a scapegoat for playstyles that do not please him. People told him multiple times that this games is about adapting one way or the other. If he can't fight Alphas, he should play PvE. He does not care. He insists on the idea that solo or small tribes should be able to compete with Alphas by handicapping Alphas to the ground. Which never gonna happen. Strong tribes will be strong with ot without TEK tier. It's just a reason to have a little bit of credibility while hating.

I don't see the Tek armor as a weapon. More like an utility. You can get faster around, negate fall gamage and defend yourself against smaller dinos without firearms.

The Rex saddle might be strong against low-tier bases, but endgame players will probably deal with it pretty easily. And low-tiers would get raided by a high Rex anyway.

I too am growing sick of this anti alpha tribe speech day in and day out. They have larger numbers, better tactic, more time, they are going to beat you. I don't know why people have it in their head they should be able to compete with alpha tribes when their investment and manpower is usually very low

Archived