Discussion about the current state of PvP in ARK

KishK0

I have to agree.  Bats especially feel extremely broken. I recently lost a torpor fight where I had full armor and a crossbow with narc arrows the other guy had a bat and was naked.  Landed two arrows, but lost when he landed two bat hits.  They are absolutely rediculous and are actually game breaking to new players just starting out as they are the weapon of choice for griefers.  I actually wonder how many new players have stopped playing after 10 minutes due to broken power creep and PvP balancing in this game. 

I don't know about PvP balance you were talking about. You were fighting against noobs in the video who didn't use whip against you. Whip kind of counters the ptera and argy attacks. Imo online pvp doesn't need much changes. But as you said land dinos should be more usefull, maybe the saddle should be "broken" before one is able to pick you up from dino, this would make rexes, spinos and giganotos much more usefull in the field. When saddle breaks you could be still able to ride the dino.

I totally agree that something should be done to offline raiding.

About rocket dmg. I think that it's well balanced too. If it would cost more, no one would raid big bases. But launchers shouldn't be able to use while falling / on dino like turtle.

With current giga dmg, i don't know if someone like to chew your stone base for one hour or just shoot it down with 2 rockets...

Archived