Varying tree height?

The height of the trees are too uniform for me.

Is there some tree variables? where can I find them?

I assume I will have to make a mod to change the trees.

But, I'm going for a more natural looking setting, and I'd like to play around with trees and foliage some, if anyone could direct me to the proper files....

hey thanks, nice answer.

took a bit, but I found the devkit on the unreal site. 40+ gigs, it'll take a bit to download, see  yall in a couple of days.

Holy God! (I guess I forgot to hit "submit reply a couple days ago"

Holy God. What an unforgiving tool-kit. Accidently right click something instead of left click and.., boom, 20 mins later, I think it's crashed or frozen actually. Wow, make no mistakes (I apologize for thinking certain persons were a troll when I first joined the forum, I was completely ignorant then of what a train-cluster this thing can be.... and all I want is some variation in my giant redwoods and maybe some actual jungly looking stuff in my jungle biomes... but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run.)

Thanks for the assist Red, that really helped me get started on this.

and somehow I've also corrupted my dev kit files, verifying and stuff. (also checking to make sure it's not an AV issue

8 hours ago, derrickmoore said:

hey thanks, nice answer.

took a bit, but I found the devkit on the unreal site. 40+ gigs, it'll take a bit to download, see  yall in a couple of days.

Holy God! (I guess I forgot to hit "submit reply a couple days ago"

Holy God. What an unforgiving tool-kit. Accidently right click something instead of left click and.., boom, 20 mins later, I think it's crashed or frozen actually. Wow, make no mistakes (I apologize for thinking certain persons were a troll when I first joined the forum, I was completely ignorant then of what a train-cluster this thing can be.... and all I want is some variation in my giant redwoods and maybe some actual jungly looking stuff in my jungle biomes... but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run.)

Thanks for the assist Red, that really helped me get started on this.

and somehow I've also corrupted my dev kit files, verifying and stuff. (also checking to make sure it's not an AV issue

You need pretty good hardware to run the dev kit. At minimum you need 16gb of RAM, a CPU within the last few years, an SSD, and graphics card with more than 4 GB of memory to top it off. You can make do with older hardware...... but when you're wasting time for things to load, is really worth it?

So do you need a jump start on how these files/settings work?

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2017 at 8:29 PM, Redkiller said:

You need pretty good hardware to run the dev kit. At minimum you need 16gb of RAM, a CPU within the last few years, an SSD, and graphics card with more than 4 GB of memory to top it off.

I'm sorry, but a SSD is a bit excessive on a "requirements" scale. a HDD is fine too, just a TINY bit slower, it has to load more

Archived