GameSpot Patch 254 Preview and Community Crunch 81!

Jatheish

3 hours ago, PammyPop said:

So no Microraptor or Ammonite? :( Also the boss thing sucks for people like me with only one other person playing with me.

Don't worry, buddy! The Broodmother can be beaten by 2 players :) 
We have a tribe of 5 people but only a couple are interested in doing boss battles with minimum people. The Broodmother can be dealt with 2 players. It's a bit tough with the amount of HP she has(usually 1 million) so maybe you want to aim for the Megapethicus instead? He always(may change next patch) spawns with 200k hp and you'll only need 2 players, a Gallimimus with good weight, a couple of rocket launchers and rockets to deal with him. Simply run from one end of the arena to the other and have your passenger fire rockets at the boss as he walks towards you. Avoiding the rocks thrown at all cost and dodging the minions he spawn.

Thanks to those that comment and enjoy my work. I feel I always put in more effort than I needed just to make the viewer experience extra enjoyable and go the extra mile. This theme is super fun and my favorite so look forward to a part 2 :3 . 

I think the incorporation for ponds/rivers directly into a build as part of it and not just as a surrounding is a new favorite since we don't get water systems like in Minecraft, if you build just perfectly on top of the water, close off your ponds underneath, you get a perfect and natural look of water in your builds, be it small or large.

I am starting to run a bit low on doable ideas though :< at least to that kind of extent. Still got at least 7-10 solid ideas written down and some image hunting to do, but I do take suggestions if anyone wants to see something done.

11 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Really hoping we can bring the Tek stuff against the Dragon because it's literally impossible at the moment. Has anyone ever beaten it without cheating or having modified settings?
Did my eyes deceive me or did I see 100 damage per shot from the Tek rifle? That's worse than a good Assault Rifle O_O

before they patched it me and my group on an official pvp server was able to summon the dodorex in the arena and kill the dragon boss i still have the flag and dragon head reward.

@Jat any chance u guys could see if theirs anything you could do about me loseing my charicter while transferring sent ticket in last week no help and my dinos went up for claim today I would at least like to have my structures eggs n kibb for tek tier I would much appriceate if you would look into it I'm on Xbox server 771 was transferring to server 492 

Tek Tier is ridiculous. It does not make sense with the mechanics of the game, it will ruin it. It's just a new set to make the alpha tribes even more invincible.

My opinion is that instead of putting ridiculous things because someone liked the movie iron man you should be devoted to what is important.

Just my opinion.

I leave you a photo of a giganto flying in a quetzal last week. Since we are going to ridicule, enjoy all the content.

:Jerbhi:

E88A5673A5C401C98D5FD2F9181932B643AC694E

On 28/01/2017 at 0:32 PM, Zadira said:

WOW!  I am so impressed with Wolf Angelus' talent! He gives us so much inspiration! 

I am definitely going to build that log cabin by UTC!  

So many amazing builders that play ark! WOW!

I am just so glad that Wildcard does these competitions.:Torpor:

Agreed! How Wolf has something so in depth every dang week blow my mind. Great builder. Im glad you like the new log cabin! Show me when you finish!

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Cailean556 said:

Sitting here, scratching my head as to why the Tek tier items aren't able to be used to fight the bosses...

I get that you're trying to stop players farming Element by using equipment made from Element, however isn't that the entire point of end game? Best armour, best weapons, best items - now let's go kill the boss(es) and beat the game? Instead of taking 30 minutes, or whatever, to kill a boss you equip the best armour, weapons and items available (i.e. End game content) and go in there with your upgraded team, killing the boss in 10-15 minutes with minimal losses (1/4 as opposed to 1/2 or 2/3 of your assault force).

ARK isn't just about PvP (which is literally the only place this Tek tier equipment can be used, so all those on official servers - enjoy that), this is also about PvE and even Single Player/Solo Play elements of your game - by denying players the use of these items for boss fights, you're effectively denying them quality of life you talk about in your video. Defeating bosses more easily is a quality of life issue.

We saw it in your video - how many Rexes did you have? 12 or so? A single/solo player isn't going to want to have to go out and breed/tame 12 Rexes to sacrifice for every boss fight. Tek tier increases the survivability and lethality of the player and their tames, therefore making players want to use it - especially to defeat the bosses. A tribe doesn't want to have to come back from a boss fight and breed/tame another 6-12 Rexes just to do another boss fight. Especially when there are items in-game that we all know would reduce our losses/increase our damage output.

I'm looking forward to the patch and what it has to offer but I'm disappointed, to say the least, that the "End game" content, can't be used to defeat "End game" bosses.

At the very least I would ask that the use of Tek tier items in boss fights be made a server option.

This right here! Maybe put a limit on the amount of tek tier items you can bring into the boss fights or something like this. 

On 30.01.2017 at 5:05 PM, Samula said:

When are Tester applications going to be re-opened.

Jat said on reddit applications would be open in February. In my opinion they have very few testers or testers stopped bothering about testing for various reasons owing to the fact fixing Allosaurus spawining in bases took them 6 months. I was QA tester in different game and I'll tell you this. Nothing more discourages tester than his feedback being ignored by developers. 

Edited by Lewiatan

On 1/28/2017 at 8:52 PM, PammyPop said:

So no Microraptor or Ammonite? :( Also the boss thing sucks for people like me with only one other person playing with me.

Brood mother can be soloed with 10 rexes and a nice compound bow/gun. just use tank rex to engage and kite her off the ledge then whistle in the other 9 to fall down and attack from behind stand up top and fire in. Also, they did say the bosses will have 3 new difficulty levels so my guess is easy LVL is solo-able but gives less element etc so not great for big tribes but ok for solo etc, will be fine =)  

Edited by LionHeart2017

On 1/28/2017 at 9:19 PM, Cailean556 said:

Sitting here, scratching my head as to why the Tek tier items aren't able to be used to fight the bosses...

I get that you're trying to stop players farming Element by using equipment made from Element, however isn't that the entire point of end game? Best armour, best weapons, best items - now let's go kill the boss(es) and beat the game? Instead of taking 30 minutes, or whatever, to kill a boss you equip the best armour, weapons and items available (i.e. End game content) and go in there with your upgraded team, killing the boss in 10-15 minutes with minimal losses (1/4 as opposed to 1/2 or 2/3 of your assault force).

ARK isn't just about PvP (which is literally the only place this Tek tier equipment can be used, so all those on official servers - enjoy that), this is also about PvE and even Single Player/Solo Play elements of your game - by denying players the use of these items for boss fights, you're effectively denying them quality of life you talk about in your video. Defeating bosses more easily is a quality of life issue.

We saw it in your video - how many Rexes did you have? 12 or so? A single/solo player isn't going to want to have to go out and breed/tame 12 Rexes to sacrifice for every boss fight. Tek tier increases the survivability and lethality of the player and their tames, therefore making players want to use it - especially to defeat the bosses. A tribe doesn't want to have to come back from a boss fight and breed/tame another 6-12 Rexes just to do another boss fight. Especially when there are items in-game that we all know would reduce our losses/increase our damage output.

I'm looking forward to the patch and what it has to offer but I'm disappointed, to say the least, that the "End game" content, can't be used to defeat "End game" bosses.

At the very least I would ask that the use of Tek tier items in boss fights be made a server option.

There was conflicting information he said both he can imagine people using the tech items to kill bosses but then also said you couldn't use it to farm current bosses for eliment, my guess is you won't be able to use it for current bosses but later on you will for the tech tier bosses. 

1 hour ago, Lewiatan said:

Jat said on reddit applications would be open in February. In my opinion they have very few testers or testers stopped bothering about testing for various resaons owing to the fact fixing Allosaurus spawining in bases took them 6 months. I was QA tester in different game and I'll tell you this. Nothing more discourages tester than his feedback being ignored by developers. 

It's too bad they don't better use and equip this giant set of alpha testers (all of us game players) that they have that have actually paid money for the privilege to test the game and probably spend more time testing it in hours than any army of paid testers can. :)  Give us a better mechanism for reporting bugs than the forums that I thought we had WildCard employees reading (as I've seen them here from time to time) but a lot of times I report a major bug I see here to some WildCard employees it's news to them. :(  

It's a win win for WC and the players that I don't yet get why they haven't made better use of us folks that love and play the game.

12 minutes ago, mleii said:

It's too bad they don't better use and equip this giant set of alpha testers (all of us game players) that they have that have actually paid money for the privilege to test the game and probably spend more time testing it in hours than any army of paid testers can. :)  Give us a better mechanism for reporting bugs than the forums that I thought we had WildCard employees reading (as I've seen them here from time to time) but a lot of times I report a major bug I see here to some WildCard employees it's news to them. :(  

It's a win win for WC and the players that I don't yet get why they haven't made better use of us folks that love and play the game.

Even though they claim they read forums I do not belive them. I don't know why they don't have beta servers for testing stuff they're working on, the more people playing around with unreleased content, the more likely bug would be found. Also for future, don't bother reporting a bug to Customer Service you will get copy-paste reply how grateful they're are for you being active member of community and... they will not help you solving the problem at all and mark the ticket as solved even though it was not. I reported bug that disallow you to forcefeed your Oviraptor (Ovi gets stuck in eating animation loop , but food rate is not going up), over half of a year passed and it is still not fixed.